Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 AM   #31
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
Beyer has a vagina on his head way before Green headbutted it. It was a punch
That statements about as accurate as your RJJ/Calzaghe round by round in which you had Joe needing a KO to win after the 5th.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2009, 10:01 AM   #32
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
That statements about as accurate as your RJJ/Calzaghe round by round in which you had Joe needing a KO to win after the 5th.
i knew you hadnt seen the fight
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #33
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
That statements about as accurate as your RJJ/Calzaghe round by round in which you had Joe needing a KO to win after the 5th.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #34
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,807
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

the cuts above beyers eye were caused by punches IMO and danny was ripped off a bit in that fight but come on these clowns shiner and poo jab danny are bigger nuthuggers than gav ever was they swallow any BS that comes out of dannys mouth and any excuses.and what about how they ooh and aah about the sparring session with Toney as if that makes him MR courageous makes him a ****ing idiot IMO.and they always mention the Ottke KO but danny was offered a shot at sven but didnt take it BUT sssssh
we wont mention that.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:28 PM   #35
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,807
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
That statements about as accurate as your RJJ/Calzaghe round by round in which you had Joe needing a KO to win after the 5th.
i really hope your joking. he didnt really say that did he?
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:32 PM   #36
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Geale was weight drained
Posts: 9,807
vCash: 75
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Teke?
Is Greens dangling balls blocking your vision, or are you just that spastic and can't even read?!

Seriously, can you and shiner not see that you've taken being fan boys to a level so high that it's surrounded with enough gayness that it would flood the whole of W.A?

Go on, get back to slurping that left nut of Danny's now.
he is as confused as shiner is on fathers day.its gotta be at least one of the Rebels bikies.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #37
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
the cuts above beyers eye were caused by punches IMO and danny was ripped off a bit in that fight but come on these clowns shiner and poo jab danny are bigger nuthuggers than gav ever was they swallow any BS that comes out of dannys mouth and any excuses.and what about how they ooh and aah about the sparring session with Toney as if that makes him MR courageous makes him a ****ing idiot IMO.and they always mention the Ottke KO but danny was offered a shot at sven but didnt take it BUT sssssh
we wont mention that.
He was cut by a punch, however, the headbutt made the cut a lot worse and it was a fair DQ. Tough, but fair.
Had the roles have been reversed, and Beyer was the one who was busting him up and got DQ for headbutting. I'm sure many here would be going on about how he lost his cool and bottled it.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #38
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wild West of Sydney
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
He was cut by a punch, however, the headbutt made the cut a lot worse and it was a fair DQ. Tough, but fair.
Had the roles have been reversed, and Beyer was the one who was busting him up and got DQ for headbutting. I'm sure many here would be going on about how he lost his cool and bottled it.

Yes exactly..
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:40 PM   #39
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 863
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
He was cut by a punch, however, the headbutt made the cut a lot worse and it was a fair DQ. Tough, but fair.
Had the roles have been reversed, and Beyer was the one who was busting him up and got DQ for headbutting. I'm sure many here would be going on about how he lost his cool and bottled it.
If you watch it carefully his head misses the cut. They discussed this and showed a replay in slow motion on that lackluster interview on fox when he retired. So the headbutt didn't make the cut a lot worse at all. But regardless, he went for it and whether or not it caused any damage it was, like you said, a tough but somewhat fair DQ (the debarcle that followed was appauling though - deducting one point, oh then another, oh wait better get the doctor to check it now..)

But re: Greens retirement.. If you don't agree/like it then you just don't watch. Fact is the general public will tune in and in the event of a good fight, it will boost the profile of boxing in this country which is great IMO. Would love to see Green pull it off, and then for Briggs to bounce back in the meantime and publicly put the hard word on Green regarding a light heavy weight showdown for the fans.

Perhaps wishful thinking and ridiculously ambitious, but I think this fight could be made if it were timed well and approached in the right way (ofcourse only in the event of Green beating Mundine and Briggs having recovered his health)..
sambo1987 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #40
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
i really hope your joking. he didnt really say that did he?
No i did not ****ing say that, you should know Pecks way of geting out of a situation is to lie. How many times did you get punished as a kid cause you had a little lying brat of a brother?
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:59 PM   #41
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
He was cut by a punch, however, the headbutt made the cut a lot worse and it was a fair DQ. Tough, but fair.
Had the roles have been reversed, and Beyer was the one who was busting him up and got DQ for headbutting. I'm sure many here would be going on about how he lost his cool and bottled it.
Danny was ripped off fair and square
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #42
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Who are you and get out of tekes account. I knew there was something sus when teke said he wasn't going to talk about Mundine anymore.

Begs the question though, can you get ripped off unfairly?
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #43
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Bulldogs v Titans 2013 GF
Posts: 7,740
vCash: 2611
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
Who are you and get out of tekes account. I knew there was something sus when teke said he wasn't going to talk about Mundine anymore.
This is OG Teks, I will not be talking about him until he does something of note. Pectorial is a massive Green hater and has to be put in his place
teke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:07 PM   #44
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo1987 View Post
If you watch it carefully his head misses the cut. They discussed this and showed a replay in slow motion on that lackluster interview on fox when he retired. So the headbutt didn't make the cut a lot worse at all. But regardless, he went for it and whether or not it caused any damage it was, like you said, a tough but somewhat fair DQ (the debarcle that followed was appauling though - deducting one point, oh then another, oh wait better get the doctor to check it now..)
80% or so of the damage was already there. If Green had headbutted him first, and got the punches in later on, he'd have won the fight.
The painful thing to grasp (if you're a Green fan that is) is that Beyer was only a round or two away from not being able to continue. But in the end, Green bottled it. Sad, but true.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:13 PM   #45
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
No i did not ****ing say that, you should know Pecks way of geting out of a situation is to lie. How many times did you get punished as a kid cause you had a little lying brat of a brother?
Lies, nor effort are needed when being in a debate with teke.
The best way to go about it is to mute yourself and let you fall on your sword.

Teke's prediction for the Mundine/Taylor fight...

'Mundine will stop him, if he wants to...'

A few posts later....

'I'm worried about this one. I'm thinking Taylor might actually win it'

After the fight....

'yep, I got that one right.'


Marvellous tipping there tekester!
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013