Old 02-14-2009, 02:25 AM   #46
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Lies, nor effort are needed when being in a debate with teke.
The best way to go about it is to mute yourself and let you fall on your sword.

Teke's prediction for the Mundine/Taylor fight...

'Mundine will stop him, if he wants to...'

A few posts later....

'I'm worried about this one. I'm thinking Taylor might actually win it'

After the fight....

'yep, I got that one right.'

Marvellous tipping there tekester!
There was no doubt who i picked to win brother. Just face it you're a massive green hater and just got pulled up on a small pt about the Beyer 1 fight
teke is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #47
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
There was no doubt who i picked to win brother. Just face it you're a massive green hater and just got pulled up on a small pt about the Beyer 1 fight
And what small point was that?
Nothing has been mentioned that I didn't already know, and I'm yet to be convinced that Green got robbed and didn't throw it away.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #48
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Green was robbed in Beyer 1. Beyer's eye was gushing blood between the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and the 3rd and 4th rounds, and if ever the fight deserved to be stopped due to a cut, it was then, but the German doctor wouldn't do it because he knew Beyer was behind on points after being dropped in the first 2 rounds.

I did a detailed breakdown of that fight on here years ago, and Beyer was the one instigating use of the head well before Green retaliated in the 5th round. Unfortunately, the ref never picked Beyer up on it, and Green was too raw to resist retaliating, and the resultant uproar created by Beyer's corner and the German doctor made much more of it than it should have been.

End result - yes, Green should have known better than to retaliate, but he was basically set up by Beyer getting away with repeated use of his head in previous rounds, and unfortunately was severely punished for it.

BTW - Green's retaliation was nowhere near Beyer's eye, and was more of a shrug than a headbutt, but Beyer put on a good act, and his corner followed suit, which made a huge spectacle of it.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #49
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

yeh, im glad Kessler shut Beyer up once and for all. made him look like a whimp. Onya Kess
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #50
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Green was robbed in Beyer 1. Beyer's eye was gushing blood between the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and the 3rd and 4th rounds, and if ever the fight deserved to be stopped due to a cut, it was then, but the German doctor wouldn't do it because he knew Beyer was behind on points after being dropped in the first 2 rounds.

I did a detailed breakdown of that fight on here years ago, and Beyer was the one instigating use of the head well before Green retaliated in the 5th round. Unfortunately, the ref never picked Beyer up on it, and Green was too raw to resist retaliating, and the resultant uproar created by Beyer's corner and the German doctor made much more of it than it should have been.

End result - yes, Green should have known better than to retaliate, but he was basically set up by Beyer getting away with repeated use of his head in previous rounds, and unfortunately was severely punished for it.

BTW - Green's retaliation was nowhere near Beyer's eye, and was more of a shrug than a headbutt, but Beyer put on a good act, and his corner followed suit, which made a huge spectacle of it.
Sorry mate, but I don't think that the headbutt (the 2nd one) didn't worsen the cut. Blood immediately started flowing out of his eye straight after. It shouldn't even be open to debate.

I think people are calling it robbery due to the fact that the referee originally was going to let the fight go to the cards, before Beyers camp brought in the rule book. Nothing bad about that at all. Beyers camp were more aware of the rules than the ref, thats all.

At the end of the day, Beyer needed a get out of gaol free card, and Green provided him with one when he headbutted him again in the 5th. A tough pill to swallow if you're a fan. Green grudgingly admitted he blew it afterwards by saying that he was too fired up at the time.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #51
cedrichw
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Funny how those that think green is a good bloke away from boxing think it was a rip off and those that think that he is a prick think that it was justified. and those that think that choc is a good bloke talk about him fighting Kessler, Green Echoils and Otke and blokes who thinks he is a prick talk about clavero, kim and pintos. then there are the few who sit in the middle
cedrichw is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #52
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Then there are those that don't really give a **** at all....
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #53
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Sorry mate, but I don't think that the headbutt (the 2nd one) didn't worsen the cut. Blood immediately started flowing out of his eye straight after. It shouldn't even be open to debate.

I think people are calling it robbery due to the fact that the referee originally was going to let the fight go to the cards, before Beyers camp brought in the rule book. Nothing bad about that at all. Beyers camp were more aware of the rules than the ref, thats all.

At the end of the day, Beyer needed a get out of gaol free card, and Green provided him with one when he headbutted him again in the 5th. A tough pill to swallow if you're a fan. Green grudgingly admitted he blew it afterwards by saying that he was too fired up at the time.
Yeah, the headbutt caused the cut to bleed, but the cut was there in the first place and was only staying shut by virtue of the vaseline they were smearing it with between rounds.

Green didn't get covered in Beyer's blood from that single headbutt in round 5 - he was getting sprayed with it from rd 2 onwards. It was opening up 30 seconds into each round from the 2nd on, and the fight should have been stopped well before the 5th.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

It wasn't Beyer's corner who brought in the rule book, it was the ringside doctor, who is supposed to be an impartial party, however, he was bleating on about how Green should be disqualified - you could hear the panic in his voice because he realised it was past the 4th round and Green was well ahead on points if it were to go to the cards.

One has to wonder why the ringside doctor was happy to let Beyer fight on with such a bad cut, yet made so much effort to ensure the ref knew about the rules concerning such an incident. Therein lies the robbery.

You're right about Beyer needing a get out of jail free card, and Green providing it, but the ref should have been picking up Beyer's use of his head in earlier rounds - basically, Beyer knew he was ****ed, so he started using his head in rds 3, 4 and 5 in the hopes of luring Green into fouling. Unfortunately the ref never picked up on it, but he picked up on Green doing it.

I agree, Green was too fired up to resist, but still, the fight should have been stopped well before the 5th.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 02-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #54
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Yeah, the headbutt caused the cut to bleed, but the cut was there in the first place and was only staying shut by virtue of the vaseline they were smearing it with between rounds.

Green didn't get covered in Beyer's blood from that single headbutt in round 5 - he was getting sprayed with it from rd 2 onwards. It was opening up 30 seconds into each round from the 2nd on, and the fight should have been stopped well before the 5th.

It wasn't Beyer's corner who brought in the rule book, it was the ringside doctor, who is supposed to be an impartial party, however, he was bleating on about how Green should be disqualified - you could hear the panic in his voice because he realised it was past the 4th round and Green was well ahead on points if it were to go to the cards.

One has to wonder why the ringside doctor was happy to let Beyer fight on with such a bad cut, yet made so much effort to ensure the ref knew about the rules concerning such an incident. Therein lies the robbery.

You're right about Beyer needing a get out of jail free card, and Green providing it, but the ref should have been picking up Beyer's use of his head in earlier rounds - basically, Beyer knew he was ****ed, so he started using his head in rds 3, 4 and 5 in the hopes of luring Green into fouling. Unfortunately the ref never picked up on it, but he picked up on Green doing it.

I agree, Green was too fired up to resist, but still, the fight should have been stopped well before the 5th.
Fair enough. Will have to see the fight again, but yeah, the cut was already bad before the headbutt.

Was hoping to lure in JD, but instead somehow found teke biting on the end of my line.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2009, 01:15 AM   #55
teamkronk

vCash:

its almost irrelevant that green should have won the 1st fight because as proven he would have lost the belt on his 1st defence being a rematch with beyer.
Green got lucky 1st fight(which has now been proven) by beyer underestimating greens power and will to win in their 1st fight to come back and school him 2nd fight.

god knows why this debate is still going on green was a very average boxer who had good power and conditioning when with fenech and thats about it.

PerthKronk "never underestimate the power of the people"
Old 02-16-2009, 01:20 AM   #56
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

So kronky, are you training amidst the charred remains of kronk 2.0? What next, back to Northbridge, no, that wouldn't be a smart move would it?

My back yards free if you need it.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2009, 01:37 AM   #57
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

You have obviously done as much homework on this as I have mate.

To me, this is not a question about who won, it was a question of the rules.
The referee simply ****ed up.
He declared a deduction of two points for the headbutt, which never made contact with any part of the cut area. He knew that.
After his declaration, that should have been the end of the incident & the round continued, When the Doctor stepped in & told him that the cut was too bad to continue, he said, "It's over, we go to the cards".
That should have been final. He is the referee.
If the decision was in error, it should have gone to a tribunal for review.
The Doctor was outragiously out of line & had no right or authority to dispute the rules.
Not long after the fight, I posted a series of pics leading up to the DQ which showed quite clearly that Green fouled Beyer & could have been DQ for that, but that's not what the referee did, & his decision should not have been contested ringside.

JMO
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2009, 01:43 AM   #58
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Green was robbed in that fight, I was so angry after fight.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2009, 03:56 AM   #59
makkat
Journeyman

Garay was always going to be a dangerous defence but how much money would Danny make fighting him compared to the risk?

Brahmar from Germany would've been a better opponent for Danny but getting the German out here would be very difficult.

If Danny isn't that keen to box anymore then why the interest he seems to show in a rematch with Mundine?

surely it's not about the money
makkat is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2009, 08:53 AM   #60
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
You have obviously done as much homework on this as I have mate.

To me, this is not a question about who won, it was a question of the rules.
The referee simply ****ed up.
He declared a deduction of two points for the headbutt, which never made contact with any part of the cut area. He knew that.
After his declaration, that should have been the end of the incident & the round continued, When the Doctor stepped in & told him that the cut was too bad to continue, he said, "It's over, we go to the cards".
That should have been final. He is the referee.
If the decision was in error, it should have gone to a tribunal for review.
The Doctor was outragiously out of line & had no right or authority to dispute the rules.
Not long after the fight, I posted a series of pics leading up to the DQ which showed quite clearly that Green fouled Beyer & could have been DQ for that, but that's not what the referee did, & his decision should not have been contested ringside.

JMO
I'll respectfully disagree mate.
If the referee was about to make the wrong decision, but someone intervened and informed him of the rules, then that should be fine.
The final headbutt did cause the cut to worsen also. Whether or not Beyer was already in bad enough condition to warrant the fight being stopped is another matter, but IMO, I wouldn't label it a robbery on that alone.
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum