JoeAverage
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Mundine UD Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
We all know what will happen.

Next up - Mundine will fight 2 bums/journeymen, Green will do exactly the same. They will then fight a lacklustre 12 rd fight in 12/18 months. Who cares who wins.

THERE WILL BE NO MUNDINE-STURM FIGHT.
I hope not. Mundine needs to move on. Green-Mundine II can happen when both agree that their carreers are done and they want a final hurrah. Then it would be ok, but if Mundine has any more ambitions then Green is a completely wrong fight.
JoeAverage is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2009, 02:19 AM   #32
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

The fight between them is already signed, Khoder did the bargaining on Mundines behalf with Green and it's at LHW in perth, all this shit at the moment with Mundine saying it wont happen is to try and wet peoples appetite and a bit of shit talk.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 AM   #33
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
Mundine displayed no stamina against taylor last night with his lack of movement and i feel he fought half the fight he could have, Taylor was a sitting duck for mundine all night and mandy still couldnt seem to do anything out of the ordinary, simply doubling the jab and throwing the odd body shot.
What a snoozefest
No stamina? That was one of the highlights of his performance. He threw more punches than usual and wouldnt have blown out a candle after the 12th round. He lacked killer instinct yes, but not stamina.
smellmyfinger is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2009, 03:40 AM   #34
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
We all know what will happen.

Next up - Mundine will fight 2 bums/journeymen, Green will do exactly the same. They will then fight a lacklustre 12 rd fight in 12/18 months. Who cares who wins.

THERE WILL BE NO MUNDINE-STURM FIGHT.

Glad to see there are some people with a brain in this forum and can actually read between the lines. I can't believe some people still believe what Mundine says and think he is serious about chasing Sturm. Get this into your heads people - MUNDINE WILL NEVER FIGHT STURM.

I bet Khoder's out trying to find the next lowest risk fight he can get right now, maybe checking out Boxrec to get some of Ruben Acosta's leftovers (i.e. Nievas, Clavero). If that fails, Chong Nee 2 maybe sounds like a go'er. Yep Mundine is really going places thats for sure. . . . . .
SexualPanda is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2009, 03:53 AM   #35
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemfr View Post
The fight between them is already signed, Khoder did the bargaining on Mundines behalf with Green and it's at LHW in perth, all this shit at the moment with Mundine saying it wont happen is to try and wet peoples appetite and a bit of shit talk.
Exactly, no way in hell will Khoder put Choc into a fight he may potentially lose, as it will just remove some lustre, hype and ultimately potential PPV revenue that Green-Mundine 2 will likely bring.

I bet the script has already been planned.

i.e. - Green calls out Mundine, along the way making some derogatory comments (saying he was weight drained, making other excuses)
- Shittalk from Mundine, saying the fight won't happen
- Mundine finally takes the bait and accepts the challenge
- Shittalk from both fighters
- Both say they need tune up fights (Mundine to get used to 175, Green as he is rusty as shit)
- Mundine fights a Chong Nee calibre fighter with a record of 10-8-2 and gets his first stoppage since the CAVEMAN era
- More shittalk along the way
- Fight finally happens - gullible Australian public falls for this shit
- Fight turns out to be a 12 round snooze fest with no signficance whatsoever
- Green and Mundine are both 3 million dollars richer after milking aussie public AGAIN

I hope some of you boycott this farce, as these greedy wankjobs are both as bad as each other and putting Australian boxing into disrepute.

We should be supporting the true aussie warriors - guys who actually want to take on the biggest challenges out there and building an actual legacy like VIC and Katsidis.

Last edited by SexualPanda; 02-18-2009 at 04:33 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:21 AM   #36
bushboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellmyfinger View Post
No stamina? That was one of the highlights of his performance. He threw more punches than usual and wouldnt have blown out a candle after the 12th round. He lacked killer instinct yes, but not stamina.
I think i might have worded it the wrong way, It didn't appear that he had a lack of stamina, just that during the lacklustre fight he barely moved and didnt particularly display any.

He'd want to be able to get on the bike and move around if he fought a bloke like Sturm otherwise he'd find himself in Trouble early
bushboy is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2009, 04:27 AM   #37
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ualPanda View Post
Exactly, no way in hell will Khoder put Choc into a fight he may potentially lose, as it will just remove some lustre, hype and ultimately potential PPV revenue that Green-Mundine 2 will likely bring.

i.e. - Green calls out Mundine, along the way making some derogatory comments (saying he was weight drained, making other excuses)
- More shittalk from Mundine, saying the fight won't happen
- Both say they need tune up fights (Mundine to get used to 175, Green as he is rusty as shit)
- Green and Mundine are both 3 million dollars richer after milking aussie public AGAIN

I hope some of you boycott this farce, as these greedy wankjobs are both as bad as each other and putting Australian boxing into disrepute.

We should be supporting the true aussie warriors - guys who actually want to take on the biggest challenges out there and building an actual legacy like VIC and Katsidis.
Are you a script writer by any chance because that is exactly what will happen and the whole sorry episode will be pathetic for boxing fans in this country.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2009, 04:44 AM   #38
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member

Quote:
I think i might have worded it the wrong way, It didn't appear that he had a lack of stamina, just that during the lacklustre fight he barely moved and didnt particularly display any.

He'd want to be able to get on the bike and move around if he fought a bloke like Sturm otherwise he'd find himself in Trouble early
smellmyfinger is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2009, 04:46 AM   #39
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Are you a script writer by any chance because that is exactly what will happen and the whole sorry episode will be pathetic for boxing fans in this country.
Nah mate, I just need to spell it out for some brain dead people in here who can't seem to grasp what's really going on.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #40
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

He is definetly fighting a lot more flat-footed these days. His asset used to be his movement. I first noticed it during the Hamdan fight. If u watch the Green, Soliman, Acosta or Nievas fights he has a lot more spring in his step and is a lot more intent to keep his distance and box. Now he barely uses the ring at all. Another sign of age, decline catching up with him.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #41
Wrangler
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

- More shittalk from Mundine, saying the fight won't happen

Hear Hear, You are on the money and I totally agree with you saying we need to support Kats and Vic
Wrangler is offline  Top
Old 02-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #42
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
He is definetly fighting a lot more flat-footed these days. His asset used to be his movement. I first noticed it during the Hamdan fight. If u watch the Green, Soliman, Acosta or Nievas fights he has a lot more spring in his step and is a lot more intent to keep his distance and box. Now he barely uses the ring at all. Another sign of age, decline catching up with him.
Could be his hip perhaps? Reckons he is getting surgery on it next week.
sambo1987 is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #43
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

- Shittalk from Mundine, saying the fight won't happen
- Shittalk from both fighters
- Mundine fights a Chong Nee calibre fighter with a record of 10-8-2 and gets his first stoppage since the CAVEMAN era

your absolutely right.
Mundine and Nasser have struck a goldmine, and they will never ever let go of it.They have found a formula that is working and paying well, so there is no way they will let go of it now.
ranser is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum