Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 933
vCash: 75
Default High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

Guy A is strong and he does Regular Training

He does Dumbell curls for 40kg (88 LBS) he maxes at "3 reps" and can't do anymore

But Guy B comes along and does 80 reps with (40kg) (88LBS)

Both are lifting Very Heavy Weight for Curls,

What is the conditioning difference?
donizhere is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 933
vCash: 75
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

I made this topic because people say High reps with Light Weights don't work on strength.

But what about High Reps with Heavy weights or medium Weights there isnt much info about this....
donizhere is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #3
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

You can't do high reps with high weights, because if you can the weight isn't really high
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #4
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,141
vCash: 1000
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
You can't do high reps with high weights, because if you can the weight isn't really high
I don't think he's quite thought this through...
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
BlackWater
G.Wash.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Stank Louis, Illinois
Posts: 794
vCash: 2092
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
I don't think he's quite thought this through...


I actually lol'd'
BlackWater is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #6
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

Now let's say guy A boxes one single round. Guy B boxes 18 rounds. Not so funny anymore, huh?
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 PM   #7
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 933
vCash: 75
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

No Because 88lbs (40kg) is universally Very Heavy for dumbell curls....

you cannot say thats a light weight even if you do high reps with it..
donizhere is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #8
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by donizhere View Post
No because 88lbs (40kg) is universally Very Heavy for dumbell curls....

you cannot say thats a light weight even if you do high reps with it..
A high weight is something you cannot do high reps with
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:53 PM   #9
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 933
vCash: 75
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
A high weight is something you cannot do high reps with
What makes you say that? its quite possible with a lot of training
donizhere is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #10
BlackWater
G.Wash.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Stank Louis, Illinois
Posts: 794
vCash: 2092
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by donizhere View Post
What makes you say that? its quite possible with a lot of training
Gold.
BlackWater is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:02 PM   #11
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWater View Post
Gold.
I'm speechless actually
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #12
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

A new concept in sports. Sprintathons: 42 kilometer sprints.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #13
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 933
vCash: 75
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

it wasn't meant to be funny...
donizhere is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:23 PM   #14
BlackWater
G.Wash.
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Stank Louis, Illinois
Posts: 794
vCash: 2092
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by donizhere View Post
it wasn't meant to be funny...
Could've sworn you had to be a troll of some kind
BlackWater is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #15
cockneyhardman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 143
vCash: 1000
Default Re: High Reps with Very Heavy weights, Intresting Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by donizhere View Post
No Because 88lbs (40kg) is universally Very Heavy for dumbell curls....

you cannot say thats a light weight even if you do high reps with it..
if your talking about 80 reps then guy B must be 10 feet tall and weigh about 40 stone!!! (lean weight)
cockneyhardman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013