Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 04:14 AM   #31
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: too many places
Posts: 1,185
vCash: 2391
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

he hasn't done much more than hopoate ffs. at least hopoate played for australia.
goodnight is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2009, 04:35 AM   #32
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sydney, AUS
Posts: 396
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemfr View Post
Go learn what a real champ is you idiotic cunt, you are on the wrong forum.

Idiot cunt? U low piece of shit Shane. Please tell me what a real world champ is then u little ****.

Because in my eyes, being the sole holder of the WBA title means your a world champ
smellmyfinger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:12 AM   #33
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellmyfinger View Post
Idiot cunt? U low piece of shit Shane. Please tell me what a real world champ is then u little ****.

Because in my eyes, being the sole holder of the WBA title means your a world champ
So when did mundine ever be a sole holder of a title you fool, give the dates dumb arse
shanemfr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:18 AM   #34
julian
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 72
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

SMELLMYFINGER,

Truth is I'd rather smell your finger than your head.
I'm bloody sure I know where thats been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
julian is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:27 AM   #35
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sydney, AUS
Posts: 396
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemfr View Post
So when did mundine ever be a sole holder of a title you fool, give the dates dumb arse
Ottke was "super" WBA champion while Mundine was regular WBA Champion. Ottke retired while Mundine was still WBA champ, therefore leaving him the sole holder of the belt.

Its not the best way to be world champion, i know that, but its legit.

U guys are jumping on me like im some sort of Mundine nuthugger, but if u took the time to read the thread, you'll see this all started because i bagged him. I just stated what he has done for boxing before i bagged him and u guys think im one of those dillusional supporters who dont see his bad side. Thats not the case.

Im hugely disapointed in Mundine. He promised so much more than he's delivered. The disapointing thing is that he hasnt attempted to deliver on these promises.

If he fights Green again without trying to win a title at MW, then i hope Green ko's him, because thats what he'll deserve.

But in saying all that, if u take your hatred out of the eqaution, he has achieved a lot in his sporting life. I think his achievements are remarkable.

Im neither a lover or a hater, but i can tell u the haters are just as dillusional as the lovers.
smellmyfinger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:33 AM   #36
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

I see your point SMF, but to me becoming a belt holder occurs when you beat someone for the title, not because the 'Super' champ has vacated. The WBA has become a joke with their multiple belts. I can't see how anyone can proclaim themselves to be the champ because the original belt holder is off unifying or whatever, its a crock. That was the whole idea of mandatories.
Although I can see the reasoning behing interim champs, at the end of the day there should be just the original champ, whether he is on hiatus or whatever. Wasn't it not too long ago the WBA had three belt holders in the same division fighting?
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:39 AM   #37
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sydney, AUS
Posts: 396
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonMcS View Post
I see your point SMF, but to me becoming a belt holder occurs when you beat someone for the title, not because the 'Super' champ has vacated. The WBA has become a joke with their multiple belts. I can't see how anyone can proclaim themselves to be the champ because the original belt holder is off unifying or whatever, its a crock. That was the whole idea of mandatories.
Although I can see the reasoning behing interim champs, at the end of the day there should be just the original champ, whether he is on hiatus or whatever. Wasn't it not too long ago the WBA had three belt holders in the same division fighting?
I agree. The Super champ stuff is crap. Thats why i dont consider Mundines second world title legit. Even when Calzaghe stepped up in weight, that left Mundine the WBA champ, but everyone knew Kessler was the real champ with JC out of the picture. Just like everyone knew Mundine would have beat Ottke in a rematch.

It wasnt Mundines fault Ottke retired and didnt give him a shot, but it was Mundines fault he didnt fight Kessler again.

Mate to tell u the truth, i wish it was like the old days and there was only one world champ per division. Mundine would always be the number 2, 3 or 4 contender and thats it.
smellmyfinger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:44 AM   #38
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,991
vCash: 210
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

This is the reason I have so much respect for guys like Lionel Rose, he was the world champion without any doubts. There is so much talk these days about who is the best in certain weight classes due to the alphabet titles.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:49 AM   #39
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellmyfinger View Post
Ottke was "super" WBA champion while Mundine was regular WBA Champion. Ottke retired while Mundine was still WBA champ, .
Wrong again idiot, his first real fight off at the real belt was agaisnt Siacca, so remind us all again what happened in that shit fest.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:59 AM   #40
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sydney, AUS
Posts: 396
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemfr View Post
Wrong again idiot, his first real fight off at the real belt was agaisnt Siacca, so remind us all again what happened in that shit fest.

How am i wrong?

Mundine was WBA champion when Ottke retired, THEN he fought Siaca and lost the belt. Siaca was the challenger to the champion Mundine.

U are a very simple person if u cant understand that. The Mundine/Siaca fight was not for a vacant title, it was a Mundine defence.

U keep shooting off insults, but your yet to come up with any decent argument at all.
smellmyfinger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:59 AM   #41
theman1971
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 40
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

alot of jealous people here!!!

Mundine still generates alot of passion and debate!!

2 time world champ! like it or not that what he is!

Soon to be 3???

What do you reckon gutter trash sally winder!!!!!!

Have you flattened all your batteries on ur dildos!!!

Racist mole!
theman1971 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:01 AM   #42
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: sydney, AUS
Posts: 396
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman1971 View Post
alot of jealous people here!!!

Mundine still generates alot of passion and debate!!

2 time world champ! like it or not that what he is!

Soon to be 3???

What do you reckon gutter trash sally winder!!!!!!

Have you flattened all your batteries on ur dildos!!!

Racist mole!
Im not sure i want u to chime in and help me out, might do my argument more harm than good
smellmyfinger is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:02 AM   #43
mundinechamp
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 90
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellmyfinger View Post
Ottke was "super" WBA champion while Mundine was regular WBA Champion. Ottke retired while Mundine was still WBA champ, therefore leaving him the sole holder of the belt.

Its not the best way to be world champion, i know that, but its legit.

U guys are jumping on me like im some sort of Mundine nuthugger, but if u took the time to read the thread, you'll see this all started because i bagged him. I just stated what he has done for boxing before i bagged him and u guys think im one of those dillusional supporters who dont see his bad side. Thats not the case.

Im hugely disapointed in Mundine. He promised so much more than he's delivered. The disapointing thing is that he hasnt attempted to deliver on these promises.

If he fights Green again without trying to win a title at MW, then i hope Green ko's him, because thats what he'll deserve.

But in saying all that, if u take your hatred out of the eqaution, he has achieved a lot in his sporting life. I think his achievements are remarkable.

Im neither a lover or a hater, but i can tell u the haters are just as dillusional as the lovers.
Smell My Finger is correct. Mundine was the sole and universally recognised WBA champ after Ottke retired. I'm pretty sure it was between the Nishizawa and Siaca fights. It was definitely before the Siaca fight.
mundinechamp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #44
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: GAME MATCH POINT
Posts: 6,073
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally posted by smellmyfinger
I agree. The Super champ stuff is crap. Thats why i dont consider Mundines second world title legit. Even when Calzaghe stepped up in weight, that left Mundine the WBA champ, but everyone knew Kessler was the real champ with JC out of the picture. Just like everyone knew Mundine would have beat Ottke in a rematch.

It wasnt Mundines fault Ottke retired and didnt give him a shot, but it was Mundines fault he didnt fight Kessler again.

Mate to tell u the truth, i wish it was like the old days and there was only one world champ per division. Mundine would always be the number 2, 3 or 4 contender and thats it.
I'm not aware of the timing of retirements etc and I can't spare 5 secs out of my schedule to check boxrec but if thats the case, to me, I couldn't recognise Mundine as the champ even if Ottke had retired, his next fight vs a top contender should have been for the recognised championship. If that was indeed Siacca then his title claim does look pretty shaky.

The days of one champ are long gone and will never be again unfortunately, the Ring is on the right road with their belts but even they are not infallible.

Christ, melbboy would have you think that Botha as WBF Heavy champ is a legitimate belt holder, its the uneducated people like that (Right overhangs) that will keep it a garbled alphabet soup into the distant future.

At the end of the day its always been about money and really, can you blame any fighter for trying to maximise their returns for as long or easy as they can. The only say we have in all this is with our wallets, by picking and choosing which events to support. The continued line up of B and C class opponents that Mundine gets away with says that a) we're starved of boxing and will pay to see any shit or b) the average punter doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

Apart from Green on the horizon, I really feel that Mundine has ridden this gravy train right till the end. With more and more people wising up, I feel Main Event will suddenly not be so forgiving in the choice of his opponents. I mean, the only local retired or name fighter left out there for him to face is Fenech, and god forbid that ever happens.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #45
mundinechamp
Journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 90
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
Dont wanna mix in, but i wouldnt call the abovementioned athletes "all round". Yes they were brilliant in their given field but not all round...

if i recall Mundine also had an offer to play basketball in the NBL, but dont quote me on that.
Mundine was offered a contract with the Sydney Kings when he was 18. He definitely trained with them. He can also dunk, which is a pretty good effort for someone under 6 foot.

So as for all round athlete, his achievements speak for themselves.
mundinechamp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013