boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #76
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellmyfinger View Post
But u could argue Echols was the next top contender if u use that reference Ippy.
I guess the difference is that while Mundine had his "world title", Ottke defended the real version another 4 times. Spinks was stripped when he failed to face Norton and Bowe through his in the bin.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2009, 06:46 PM   #77
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arum says if he cant get Sturm or Abraham for Pavlik he'd turn to Mundine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian View Post
Choc won't fight Pavlick in 2009!
Choc won"t fight Sturm in 2009!
Choc will not fight anyone in 2009 that has a remote chance of beating him for reasons that would be obvious to Stevie bloody Wonder for christs sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Since beating Green how many times have we heard this ****.
" I want to fight the best" " Ive challenged all the big names" " Their all frightened of me"
He ran from Kessler and he'll continue to avoid any quality opponants.
This year should see a couple of handpicked argies, some earth shattering revelations around October,November and then come 2010 more of the same **** all over again.
If you are still around at the at the end of the year I guess you can tell us all - I told you so
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #78
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellmyfinger View Post
Take the time to read this dribble.

Let me tell u about me.

I hated St George. I hated Anthony Mundine. I loved boxing.

When Anthony turned to boxing, he got it in the papers. Everyday, i would by the paper looking forward to any league news, but for once, the possibilty of boxing news as well. Anthony Mundine provided this for me.

From then , i realised what he meant. While i didnt agree with a lot of things he said, i stuck up for him. I got into fights defending him. I watched him defeat Antwun Echols and was inspired to jump into the ring myself. 2 weeks later i did. I got bashed by a pro. One week later i got bashed again, but i improved. I got bashed and bashed and bashed, but Mundine proved it could be done if u believed in yourself. So i kept going back. He showed me how hard it is to step into the ring with no amatuer career.

Now i didnt have the talent, but to this day, i wonder how many future aussie boxing stars have taken up the sport because Anthony challenged society, challenged himself, and put his ***** on the line?

It took great courage to switch sports the way he did. He turned to the toughest one on one sport in the world. And most people wanted to see him fail. Yet he put himself on show for all. As a boxing fan, i wanted him to succeed.

I will forever be in debt to Anthony Mundine. He gave the anticapation of reading about boxing everyday in the paper. He inspired more young kids to fight. He achieved things that are truly remarkable. No one has switched to boxing mid career and won a World Title. (i only count his win over Echols as a world title as Ottke refused to fight him as he knew choc would smash him).

If Anthony Mundine didnt have a big mouth, he'd be considered our greatest all round sportsman ever, and truly loved by the Australian public.

Anyone who doubts his acheivemnets have never stepped into the ring. To be so hard to hit after turning to boxing so late is truly remarkable.

Anthony has ahieved so much, yet most believe, not enough to match his talents.

I write all this and quote your comment "Rise Above" becuae i want u to know how hard it is for me to say that I AGREE with your comment.

It hurts, but Mundine will duck Pavlik if the fight is offered to him, and as a supporter (almost former supporter), it hurts to say it.

If he doesnt try to take the best in the middleweight division, its a slap in the face to supporters like me. Supporters who have fought with those "no idea" idiots who say he cant fight. Idiots who praise Green but bag Mundine, yet Mundine has fought better opposition than Green.

Its a slap in the face o me. So i hope your wrong.
You're not the only one on here thats been inspired by Mundine mate.
After watching him fight, it gave me the desire to head on over around Central station and beat up some homeless bums.

Now I'm a champion street fighter.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2009, 07:39 PM   #79
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

but there comes a time when one has to make the decision to jump off the train... and some dont have the ability to do that. Those that dont dare... those that "have been on the train for so long that it would be a shame/waste to jump off" :P
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2009, 07:51 PM   #80
goodnight
The Ayatula of Rockenrula
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2391

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
You're not the only one on here thats been inspired by Mundine mate.
After watching him fight, it gave me the desire to head on over around Central station and beat up some homeless bums.
goodnight is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #81
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Mundine WBA Champ ? , ****ing clever ******* had the nerve to go swanning around the gold coast tellng everyone he was the Champ AFTER the two REAL CHAMPS fought it out to determine who the UNDISPUTED CHAMP was , Kessler covered himself in Glory that night , Calzaghe broke Kessler's heart and covered himself with the belts, THEN when the WBA ordered Mundine to defend his given mickey mouse belt v Kessler he RAN down to Middle weight and fought a WW ten years past his prime ( No diss Shannan ) For the WTF ? title , Just call him THREE TIME TWO WEIGHT WORD CHAMPION and carry on with the Charade

Well put my horny welsh brethren
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2009, 10:51 PM   #82
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Multiple sports dudes: Ken Thornett, Shane Wilson, Graham Hughes, Dion Sanders.....ahhh I'm sure there are plenty.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2009, 10:59 PM   #83
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
but there comes a time when one has to make the decision to jump off the train... and some dont have the ability to do that. Those that dont dare... those that "have been on the train for so long that it would be a shame/waste to jump off" :P
Train rides are cheap mate......easy being on several fighters trains......as far as Mundine goes I will always get his fights....just like I get 20 other PPV in the year....its like season tickets.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2009, 12:36 AM   #84
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
My guess is Mundine would dog it and say they werent offering him enough money.

Your probably right....But surely when u were earning 600k plus a year before you even laced a glove money should never be a issue...

But hey Mundines always right and we are all the crazy ones...
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2009, 01:03 AM   #85
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
So lets assume we're not talking about Mundine here. Lets speak in general terms that we have a good world prospect fighter. The champ retires and makes him the title holder. When would this person become champ to you?? after his 1st defense? after the second? was it just pure bad luck that he wasnt able to challenge for the title and he holds the title and will forever be considered as not the title holder?
Stopped reading the post with this one..... good point, very good point... basically becomes a vacant title, with Mundine vs Siaca for the "TITLE".... Well, that would be the case, if modern boxing formats were actually formatted!!!!

Governing bodies are messy, far too numerous and muddled. Incorporating 'super', 'interim', 'international' titles etc. is a good money spinner, combined with 4 big name governing bodies, the brain is left wondering whats real, worthwhile, acceptable or trash.... IMO, its 90% trash.

Considering the lack of realistic terms for those who gain 'title' recognition, Mundine, in this case is to be considered a legetimate Champ, as suggested by SMF... full credit for sticking too his guns. Mundine is a genuine former WBA champ in this day and age. Not exactly the kind of paperwork that makes for easy reading, yet Marvin Hart is almost forgotten as well (will wait for a 'who is he').

The prospect of a fight with Sturm is still hopefull... lets wait and see.

A Green rematch will be stupid, as far as credibility... The Man totally outclassed Green, cost Green lovers a fortune and closed their mouths for a while, only financial gain for both will eventuate. In 12 months- 18 months, this fight will be even more ludicrous.
flamengo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum