Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-18-2007, 04:08 AM   #1
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Annunziata vs Sebire for the IBF Youth light middleweight title

Another great decision... I want to read what Luigi will have to say about the decison 96-93 96-93...98-91 ! This time it was not even close : Sebire dominated clearly after a few close rounds with an efficient defense and accurate jabs, Annunziata hit nothing but the hear with his slow hooks... 98-91 : what will Luigi have to say about this joke ?
Fitir is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Default Re: Annunziata vs Sebire for the IBF Youth light middleweight title

I had it 6-4 rounds for Sebire (at the best for Annunziata, with champ-bonus), with the 10-8 round for Salvatore the French should have still won with one 1 point, well, surely it was a robbery, but Fitir, your ridiculous crying wonīt help that much, robberies are always in the boxing scene, whether in Germany, USA, UK, Italy, France, etc., donīt let it sound like in France arenīt robberies, I have seen a lot of real robberies there, too. In this fight, the French shouldnīt have run the last rounds that much, he has power, why didnīt he try to KO the Italian? I donīt understand that, when you fight in another country as a challenger, you canīt run the 3 last rounds, even if youīre ahead, everyone knows about the corruption in boxing, not that I say he didnīt win this fight, but it was very stupid from him...

btw, you saw this fight again with "French glasses", it wasnīt a one-sided fight, Annunziata tattoed his left eye with his jab for example...
Luigi1985 is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Sebire was NOT the challenger ! The champ bonus ? Annunziata was a champ ??? Champ of what ? 2 prospects in the ring and the better man lost. In modern boxing you know very well that being undefeated is important and it's a huge robbery. A draw would have been a small robbery but 98-91 ?????????????? It's another huge robbery in Italy.
You say that you saw many robberies in France : give examples if you can ! Tiozzo vs Branco ? It was close, I don't think Tiozzo deserved the win but can you give other examples ? Even the opponents of the biggest names of french boxing (Asloum, Chanet) have obtained fair decisions in France...
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
Sebire was NOT the challenger ! The champ bonus ? Annunziata was a champ ??? Champ of what ? 2 prospects in the ring and the better man lost. In modern boxing you know very well that being undefeated is important and it's a huge robbery. A draw would have been a small robbery but 98-91 ?????????????? It's another huge robbery in Italy.
You say that you saw many robberies in France : give examples if you can ! Tiozzo vs Branco ? It was close, I don't think Tiozzo deserved the win but can you give other examples ? Even the opponents of the biggest names of french boxing (Asloum, Chanet) have obtained fair decisions in France...

I said that Sebire was robbed, but it wasn´t a one-sided fight you saw. They fought for the IBF Youth Light Middleweight Title, and Annunziata was/is the champion, so the challenger can´t run for the last 3 rounds in a 10 round-fight, that was my point. The 98-91-card is just ridiculous, everyone said it, even at Rai Sport Sat the commentators Benvenuti and Mattioli, we don´t need to discuss about this card, but the 2 other cards weren´t that much strange like you try to make it here. I saw many robberies in France, here just some examples I spontaneous remember: Cherifi- Holmes, Girard- Del Valle (twice), Girard- Siaca, M´Baye- Kotelnik (in France the one), Castillo- Lorcy (twice the D´s), Mormeck- Bell, etc...

btw, you said 2 prospects, prospects for what? Both looked awful, especially Annunziata, I don´t know why Rai Sport Sat shows him everytime, he has nothing, no power, no speed, nothing, and Sebire has at least a bit talent (power, skills), but he needs to learn not to clown around in the ring, and to get a better stamina...
Old 08-19-2007, 12:41 AM   #5
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Annunziata was not a champ, the youth IBF title is not a title. I never said Sebire destroyed Annunziata, it was not a lopsided fight but it was a clear win for Sebire.
About robberies in France. Lorcy vs Castillo 8 years ago ? Girard ? Why not Carpentier or Cerdan ? Girard was a boring boxer I couldn't bear and I never scored a fight for him even when he deserved the decision. The "robberies" you mention occured more than 5 years ago... Girard retired 4 years ago.
M'Baye - Kotelnik 1, Mormeck - Bell 2 were robberies ? M'Baye vs Kotelnik 2 was a controversial decisions but it was in the UK with ****** as a promoter. M'Baye won clearly the 1st fight simply cause Kotelnik did nothing. Mormeck won the rematch cause he won a few more rounds than Bell, not very impressive and the open scoring helped him but he won more rounds and it's enough to deserve a decision in normal books... Something Annunziata was unable to do for example.
Fitir is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 10:01 AM   #6
Luigi1985
Cane Corso
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitir
Annunziata was not a champ, the youth IBF title is not a title. I never said Sebire destroyed Annunziata, it was not a lopsided fight but it was a clear win for Sebire.
About robberies in France. Lorcy vs Castillo 8 years ago ? Girard ? Why not Carpentier or Cerdan ? Girard was a boring boxer I couldn't bear and I never scored a fight for him even when he deserved the decision. The "robberies" you mention occured more than 5 years ago... Girard retired 4 years ago.
M'Baye - Kotelnik 1, Mormeck - Bell 2 were robberies ? M'Baye vs Kotelnik 2 was a controversial decisions but it was in the UK with ****** as a promoter. M'Baye won clearly the 1st fight simply cause Kotelnik did nothing. Mormeck won the rematch cause he won a few more rounds than Bell, not very impressive and the open scoring helped him but he won more rounds and it's enough to deserve a decision in normal books... Something Annunziata was unable to do for example.

You try to "rescue" yourself, with stupid arguments. I said clearly, that I list some examples I spontaneous remember, of course that are/ were big fights, and now in France there arenīt that many big fighters/ fights, so itīs normal that my examples are from some years ago, when France had some good champs like Tiozzo, Girard, etc. In the present there also many robberies, but I canīt see many of them, because they arenīt on TV that many times, wake up, Fitir, unfortunately corruption and boxing is now like Prince and gayness, I donīt like it, it would be better for me for example that an Italian loses but where he showed a good performance with heart, instead of winning when he normally lost, but I canīt change that sad fact. Italy isnīt worse than France or so, both countries arenīt that bad, like, letīs say Thailand as an example, but in both countries are often enough robberies...
Old 08-19-2007, 05:41 PM   #7
Fitir
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

The 2 recent fights you mention were not robberies : M'Baye vs Kotelnik 1, Mormeck vs Bell 2. The split decision for M'Baye was even really "strange".
Girard (as Ottke or Branco...) was a boring defensive boxer and giving him a decision is not natural but the "robberies" you mention were not scandals. The opponents Siaca, Del Valle etc. also did mediocre performances to say the least...Fights with guys like Girard are medicore and the guy who is really robbed is the guy who pays to see that.
From times to times it's normal to have bad decisions. It was clear Inom would lose for example, Acaries wanted to have an EBU title fight on the card but it was clear the opponent who had a world title fight came with the decision in the pocket. I have no special problem with that. Main problem it that it seems mpossible to obtain a fair decision for french boxers because of the lack of a good promoter. Guys like Mendy, Serrat are better than Girard etc were and they can't obtain good fights or fair decisions. Girard was a SMW who became an undeserving titleholder at LHW and a guy like Mendy couldn't even obtain a shot at the EBU title at SMW : there is a small problem... Bayram, Mendy, Serrat now this young Sebire...guys are obliged to take difficult fights and they are not paid for the risks even if they did a good performance. The only boxers who survive are boxers who sign with foreign promoters : Blain, Mormeck etc.
Fitir is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum