Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #31
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf
No, what you posted was basicly an insult towards fedor. You basicly said he's in it just for the money. Right after the post i made that actually says completely opposite. What you posted is DEFINITELY not a fact. What i posted is based off resources from both Dana's side and Fedor's side. Plus, What you said doesn't even make sense because if he was in it for the money he WOULD go to UFC because again they offered richest contract to him. So its OBVIOUS that he's not in it for the money.

Now as for K1, its HUGE. Especially after pride got bought all its fans are now only have Heroes plus some other lame little orgs. K1 seats around 40000 people a show. UFC's records is like 20000 or something. So here's some numbers for you. They're not as big on PPV though i dont think. Not sure.

Yea, its very upsetting news if it is true. But I understand Fedor if he chooses to the best course for this sport in Russia and not his legacy. I give him mad respect for that.
It wasn't an insult, its telling it like it is.

Not fighting the absolute best means your legacy will suffer and you will not find out your true worth by maximising your potential. So yes, it is fact.

I find it hard to believe Fedor would be getting one million per fight from the UFC especially against lesser opposition. I'm sure he'll get sponsorship, percentage of the gate etc so he'll end up with more in K1.

Fedor is proven, I give him respect for wanting to help his country but historically he may suffer. Thats the way it is.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #32
nfc90210
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: The Hills
Posts: 284
vCash: 1305
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
don't give me any of this shit about about it being for mother Russia, Russia doesnt give a shit about Sambo, and Sambo doesn't give a shit about Combat Sambo.
Yeah, but Fedor does give a shit about combat sambo.

That's all that matters.

Quote:
I don't mean to insult Fedor or Combat Sambo, you can't really blame Fedor too much, but **** it's incredibly disappointing.
Yeah it is. I mean, the fact that the majority of western MMA fans won't speak of Fedor, in thirty years, in awed tones is sad.

That said Fedor owes us nothing.
nfc90210 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:18 PM   #33
AJAX
war sonnen!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 4,063
vCash: 3450
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Let's be honest.... go to UFC 74 and to a poll in the crowd and I'll bet you only about 10% of the crowd even knows who he is.
AJAX is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #34
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
It wasn't an insult, its telling it like it is.

Not fighting the absolute best means your legacy will suffer and you will not find out your true worth by maximising your potential. So yes, it is fact.

I find it hard to believe Fedor would be getting one million per fight from the UFC especially against lesser opposition. I'm sure he'll get sponsorship, percentage of the gate etc so he'll end up with more in K1.

Fedor is proven, I give him respect for wanting to help his country but historically he may suffer. Thats the way it is.
Are you even reading what im saying or are you just talking? You keep talking about legacy and shit which is not what i was talking about and questioning ur knowledge. Plus, what you're saying about legacy is opinion and nothing more even though i partly agree with it.

Which part of "UFC offer was the most lucrative" do u not understand? I REALLY think you're just not reading what i've said.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:55 AM   #35
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
Let's be honest.... go to UFC 74 and to a poll in the crowd and I'll bet you only about 10% of the crowd even knows who he is.
Thats the good ole UFC for ya!
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:05 AM   #36
mantis_boxing
Hail to the Thief...
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 35
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJAX
Let's be honest.... go to UFC 74 and to a poll in the crowd and I'll bet you only about 10% of the crowd even knows who he is.
If even.
mantis_boxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 06:38 AM   #37
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf
Are you even reading what im saying or are you just talking? You keep talking about legacy and shit which is not what i was talking about and questioning ur knowledge. Plus, what you're saying about legacy is opinion and nothing more even though i partly agree with it.

Which part of "UFC offer was the most lucrative" do u not understand? I REALLY think you're just not reading what i've said.
Then why did you say I don't have a clue. Why are you assuming I didn't read your post or I don't know the situation. Admittingly I didnt know to the degree you outlined but I did know he wanted to fight in Sambo comps, fight in Russia, some random points like that.

Is it set in stone that the UFC offer was more lucrative? I doubt it. All parties involved are being rather vague. 5 mil basic from K1 is better than any basic a fighter has got in the UFC.

Fedor beating greater fighters makes his legacy greater - its not opinion, its fact.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:17 AM   #38
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
This will hurt his legacy. I understand he wants money but being money minded comes at a sacrifice. See Roy Jones in boxing as an example.

Everything I've said points exactly against this point in particular. Everything i said was the only "facts" that were presented to us from either side. Quoting Fedors menager Finkelstein "...even though UFC's offer is the most lucrative they are not flexible in their negotiations."

You also said that this will hurt his legacy. It's not a fact. As a matter of fact its a pretty bs statement. It might not make it greater but the only way to hurt it is for him to lose(convincingly) to nobodies who got beat by nobodies.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:56 AM   #39
cross_trainer
Bergeron Avatar Club
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf
Everything I've said points exactly against this point in particular. Everything i said was the only "facts" that were presented to us from either side. Quoting Fedors menager Finkelstein "...even though UFC's offer is the most lucrative they are not flexible in their negotiations."

You also said that this will hurt his legacy. It's not a fact. As a matter of fact its a pretty bs statement. It might not make it greater but the only way to hurt it is for him to lose(convincingly) to nobodies who got beat by nobodies.
In this case, I'd have to agree with achilles about the resume. Fighters like Roy Jones and even Dempsey are often criticized for not facing the opposition that they could have--while I generally prefer to look at who a fighter beat rather than who he ducked, the public generally does not.

More importantly--Fedor's resume will be hurt in a relative sense compared to the fighters who come after him. His inability to fight in the UFC (for whatever reason) will leave him remembered as only the "best of the beltholders" before a true unified champion emerges. Because unfortunately, that's exactly what he will be.

Last edited by mike; 05-09-2006 at 11:58 PM.
cross_trainer is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #40
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross_trainer
In this case, I'd have to agree with achilles about the resume. Fighters like Roy Jones and even Dempsey are often criticized for not facing the opposition that they could have--while I generally prefer to look at who a fighter beat rather than who he ducked, the public generally does not.

More importantly--Fedor's resume will be hurt in a relative sense compared to the fighters who come after him. His inability to fight in the UFC (for whatever reason) will leave him remembered as only the "best of the beltholders" before a true unified champion emerges. Because unfortunately, that's exactly what he will be.
Relative sense isn't exactly legacy than. It's what he has done. It will always stay the same and NO ONE can take that away from him. Yes, if he doesn't join UFC and beat the best of UFC such as Couture, Gonzaga, and Sylvia his legacy is not going to continue growing. Ducking is a VERY cruel word in this case. I highly doubt Fedor ducked anyone seeing how he fought top competition. Barnett's case was just that Barnett always lost the fight to fight Fedor.

RJJ's case is different than Fedor's because IBF WBC etc are not paralelle to UFC, Pride, Hero's etc.

Plus, this is matter of opinion. Besides you are straying away from the argument i originally had with achilles just like he did .
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #41
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 18,266
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufoalf
Everything I've said points exactly against this point in particular. Everything i said was the only "facts" that were presented to us from either side. Quoting Fedors menager Finkelstein "...even though UFC's offer is the most lucrative they are not flexible in their negotiations."

You also said that this will hurt his legacy. It's not a fact. As a matter of fact its a pretty bs statement. It might not make it greater but the only way to hurt it is for him to lose(convincingly) to nobodies who got beat by nobodies.
Fair enough.

You are horribly wrong about his legacy though.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 03:07 PM   #42
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 3,441
vCash: 1550
Default Re: ahh..crap..fedor signed a $5,000,000 contract with heros?

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat
Fair enough.

You are horribly wrong about his legacy though.
No, im of different opinion about it. There's isn't wrong or right until 30-40 years later when he's remembered. Then we'll see.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013