Old 02-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #31
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Whey Isolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofrah View Post
After i exercise i usually have eggs and fish like salmon as i do it in the morning.

Is this adequate?
If that's all you're having then no it isn't adequate. Protein alone isnt enough after any training session the body is crying out for a number of different things. Simple carbs to restore glycogen in the muscles, protein to repair muscles, fluids to rehydrate and electrolytes to replace what has been lost through sweat which help with rehydration.
Brighton bomber is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 03:51 AM   #32
Drofrah
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 814

So protein from eggs and fish, simple carbs from fruit? water and a sports drink?
Drofrah is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2009, 05:28 AM   #33
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Not according to me. Not at all.

You are missing out if you limit your carbs to fruit. They are a good source, but this sort of thing goes right through you. Have fun feeling starved all day.
Koa is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #34
Drofrah
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 814

So more specifically, as its clear i havent got a clue, what would be best for my morning post work out carbs.

I eat carbs for lunch, just dont want to over do it
Drofrah is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #35
Koa
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Do you workout before you eat breakfast?
Koa is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2009, 06:20 PM   #36
T.J.

vCash: 1000

RDJ every comment you have posted on this forum disgusts me...do your ****ing research about anything before you let your fingers type...u sound/look like a ****ing idiot...shows how much you know about any physiology/anatomy...
T.J. is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #37
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
RDJ every comment you have posted on this forum disgusts me...do your ****ing research about anything before you let your fingers type...u sound/look like a ****ing idiot...shows how much you know about any physiology/anatomy...

Enlighten me.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2009, 06:34 PM   #38
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Ps. posted this in a different thread, but it's on topic here as well.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #39
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
ha ha i like this post.

but it's not 100% true.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #40
gigogreco
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighton bomber View Post
If that's all you're having then no it isn't adequate. Protein alone isnt enough after any training session the body is crying out for a number of different things. Simple carbs to restore glycogen in the muscles, protein to repair muscles, fluids to rehydrate and electrolytes to replace what has been lost through sweat which help with rehydration.
you seem to know a great deal about this, so i wonder what you would recommend, right after a hard workout.. could you perhaps give an example mate.?

and which brands do you recommend..?

i just eat rather healthy, but still seem to tire out quickly and my restitution is lacking a bit.. perhaps im feeling the strains of approaching 30

its not about getting bigger, as i just started boxing and want maintain my weight, so while im trying to maintain weight, i might miss some things through mymeals.. so any advice would be much appreciated.

Last edited by gigogreco; 02-27-2009 at 03:21 PM.
gigogreco is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #41
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigogreco View Post
you seem to know a great deal about this, so i wonder what you would recommend, right after a hard workout.. could you perhaps give an example mate.?

and which brands do you recommend..?

i just eat rather healthy, but still seem to tire out quickly and my restitution is lacking a bit.. perhaps im feeling the strains of approaching 30

its not about getting bigger, as i just started boxing and want maintain my weight, so while im trying to maintain weight, i might miss some things through mymeals.. so any advice would be much appreciated.
After every training session I immediately have whey protein with water, a good multi vitamin and some fruit, usually water melon or OJ. I try to consume at least 400 cals or so.
Brighton bomber is online now  Top
Old 03-02-2009, 05:54 PM   #42
T.J.

i will enlighten u ...if u obtain any type of very good isolate protein it is beneficial to u in many ways...of course diet is the best...natural protein from natural foods...BUT...after a workout protein is a necessity...ur body has just broken down your myosin philaments in your muscles...the reason one gets sore is because everytime u have a hard workout ur muscles actually have microscopic tears...food does not digest right away...u need something that is fast digesting...i.e. whey isolate...to repair those muscles as fast as possible...and get u the nutrients u need...optimum nutrition gold standard whey offers a great protein powder for the money..is has an abundant supply of amino acids in it.. including glutamine...glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body and is a transport mechanism for protein...digesting protein and electrolytes right after your workout fuels your muscles and helps u repair the damage u just did to them...they r fast digesting and get into the blood stream immediately...your comment of getting your nutritious necessities from natural food is right...to an extent...protein powder is very beneficial to u after a workout...and before bed...when u go to bed ur body is catabolic...meaning it is using whatever it can to fuel your muscles ...having a shake before bed is beneficial as well so that your body is using that to fuel yourself...i.e. casein protein...it is slower digesting...yes a strong diet is essential...especially since that is the purest form of nutrients your body can get...but substituting a isolate shake after your workout and b4 bed is even more beneficial...i dont know what u were taking but a lot of protein powders have binders and fillers in them to fill the container...isolate is the PUREST form of protein u can get ...and when used correctly is essential to someone who actually works their ass off in the gym...hope your enlightened...if not...then ask me something else because my fingers got tired of typing...
T.J. is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing