Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #1
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Haye v Klitschko... get it made...

Full credit to the former Cruiserweight. Sounds like he's desperate to get this thing on... The division needs fights like this.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Former world cruiserweight champion David ‘The Hayemaker’ Haye has offered to box in Germany on a K2 Promotions show in order to revive negotiations for a summer showdown with WBO and IBF world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko. Originally scheduled to take place on June 20 at Stamford Bridge in London, Haye’s eagerly anticipated duel with Klitschko has hit a series of snags in recent weeks, and now appears on the brink of collapse.

Haye’s trainer and manager Adam Booth says the Klitschko camp has distorted some of the facts. “David will fight Wladimir anywhere they choose, and give them the two rematch options they have requested….what they’re also demanding is that if David were to win against Wladimir and then have a mandatory challenger obligation (non-Klitschko) he would have to immediately vacate the title he won from Wladimir.

This would mean David could win three fights against the Klitschko brothers and still not be in a position to officially call himself heavyweight champion of the world at the end of it.

They (the Klitschkos) would make exactly the same money in Germany as they would in England because we have dropped our figure to go to Germany. If they take a proposed fight with Chris Arreola, they will make substantially less. So people can now work this out for themselves.”
ipswich express is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #2
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: Haye v Klitschko... get it made...

Wow...does anyone give Haye a chance against either Klit brother?

Big size difference, and Haye has shown he doesn't have the best chin in the business, although he has good recuperative powers.

From all the options they're putting on him, it sounds like Team Klitty are a bit concerned he might be able to beat either or both of them
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #3
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

I give him a chance, especially against Wlad. He can crack. I could also imagine him getting on his bike and out pointing Vitali. I'm just glad that there's someone out there that's willing to fight anyone. He's even said himself that he expects to run into some problems at Heavyweight. At least he's putting his head on the chopping block.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
I give him a chance, especially against Wlad. He can crack. I could also imagine him getting on his bike and out pointing Vitali. I'm just glad that there's someone out there that's willing to fight anyone. He's even said himself that he expects to run into some problems at Heavyweight. At least he's putting his head on the chopping block.
Yep, gotta give it to the bloke for having a go...and for being an athletically-built heavyweight
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

I agree mate. Nothing shits me more than seeing fat ****ing slobs like Arreola, James Toney etc. I don't care how gifted they are (and they are), at least make it look like you've trained...
Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #6
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

I have nothing against against the Klitschko's as boxers, but they do have boring personalities that wont capture the people's attention like David Haye.
I hope Haye can do it & Arreola can lose 15 odd kg's & get in shape!!!
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

If that were to happen, that's the kind of fights that put Heavyweight boxing back on the map.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:02 AM   #8
CarltonBlues
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Klitschko will destroy Haye. The Hayemaker is wanting his big cash out fight and has got this title shot through hype and done nothing to earn it.
CarltonBlues is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2009, 02:51 AM   #9
Phil Austin
Keep on Kronkin on!
ESB Addict

As far as I am aware the fight is a done deal...
Phil Austin is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2009, 03:06 AM   #10
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarltonBlues View Post
Klitschko will destroy Haye. The Hayemaker is wanting his big cash out fight and has got this title shot through hype and done nothing to earn it.
He was the unified champion a division below. That alone often gets fighters shots when they move up a division. He's fought twice at Heavyweight and is something most Heavyweights aren't.... exciting.

Good news Phil. Hope your mail is spot on.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:27 AM   #11
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

However the word from the States is that Arreola hasn't been announced on the Paul Williams v Winky Wright card because he is tabbed to get in with Klitschko first, with Haye fighting on the undercard.
Old 02-17-2009, 03:47 AM   #12
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

I like Haye but i don't really see him beating Wlad. Whether you like it or not Wlad is an extremely dominant heavyweight. Yeah yeah i know he was stopped 3 times, but guess what that is a long time ago now and he has been beating top 10 heavy's for the last 3 or 4 yrs now very very easily. Most of the time he stops his opponent or wins shutouts. Yeah he MAY have a bit of a suspect chin but Hayes is much much more suspect imo especially at heavyweight.
I give Haye a 10% chance to beat Wlad and 0% chance to beat Vitali. It is very hard to pick Haye over either of the Klitschko's with the information we have on him. I would have liked to have seen Haye fight a good heavy such as Peter, Golota, Brock etc before fighting a Klitschko to see where he is at. It took him 5 rds and about 5 knockdown to put Monte Barrett away.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2009, 04:09 AM   #13
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

The reason I see Haye winning is due to his speed. He can crack, Wlad will fight in reverse because of it, allowing Haye to box him. Just the way I see it playing out. Looks like Haye's already got Wlad on the run...
Old 02-17-2009, 04:29 AM   #14
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
The reason I see Haye winning is due to his speed. He can crack, Wlad will fight in reverse because of it, allowing Haye to box him. Just the way I see it playing out. Looks like Haye's already got Wlad on the run...
Fair points, but on the other hand i could say that Haye will bring out the best in Wlad. All of Wlad's recent opponents fight scared and don't even try to win. It's very hard to look good against these opponents.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #15
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Know what you mean, but Wlad is the epitome of fighting scared IMO.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum