boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


View Poll Results: Do you pump iron?
I box and I lift weights 32 56.14%
I box but don't lift weights 12 21.05%
I don't box but lift weights 13 22.81%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #16
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

Just come back from the gym. Carbing up at the mo and been working out heavy again! ... Thats what happens when you watch a Phil Heath video....
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2009, 05:01 PM   #17
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between the Alpha and the Omega
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

It's your ass now Remmy!


Scurla is hungry and requires eating bodyweight training only creatures for protein!
El Puma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:04 PM   #18
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Puma View Post
It's your ass now Remmy!


Scurla is hungry and requires eating bodyweight training only creatures for protein!
Actually as you know im not a big fan of supplments. But im been forcing myself to drink a protein shake after each workout of which iv been 3 times this week so far. Im just making sure i get the right carbs and tons of proteins. Only problem is makes you gassy as ****. Some of my farts have been vicious.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #19
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between the Alpha and the Omega
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Actually as you know im not a big fan of supplments. But im been forcing myself to drink a protein shake after each workout of which iv been 3 times this week so far. Im just making sure i get the right carbs and tons of proteins. Only problem is makes you gassy as ****. Some of my farts have been vicious.
I eat Broccolli daily and let me tell ya, it smells worse than the bs Zelenoff spews. That's pretty bad.
El Puma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:00 PM   #20
Urban Legend
Drinks tea
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 106
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

I lift weights but no longer box as my ankle is pretty much ****ed, tried the physio and alternative route the last quack i saw was pretty honest and told me to stop wasting my money as even with surgery it'll be no better than 80% of what it was.

Swim 2 to 3 times a week now for cardio because i can't run any impact on the foot causes it to swell and i lose 10 degrees of movement in the foot for days on end
Urban Legend is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #21
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 4,244
vCash: 500
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

I don't box anymore and just lift weights to supplement my running.
Brighton bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #22
joekirkbycobra
King Of The Ring
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: liverpool (kirkby)
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

i box and lift weight
look in my training log if u wanna see what i do
if you dont giv a **** dont
joekirkbycobra is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #23
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Puma View Post
I eat Broccolli daily and let me tell ya, it smells worse than the bs Zelenoff spews. That's pretty bad.
Do you eat a lot of protein? I eat cruciferous veggies almost daily as well but I never have gas problems.
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #24
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Actually as you know im not a big fan of supplments.
Achilles is with me on the weights and scurla is with me on supplements

You lose puma!
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #25
oatman12345
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 414
vCash: 857
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

I only lift weights when out trainer tells us to do it which is once in a while but i use to lift a little bit of weights before.
oatman12345 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #26
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between the Alpha and the Omega
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Do you eat a lot of protein? I eat cruciferous veggies almost daily as well but I never have gas problems.
Well below what they recommend. And yet, I'm pretty muscular I don't believe the hype anymore thats for sure.

I have articles that I am posting tonight on my sticky how prisoners get in fantastic shape with the little that they have and mainly bodyweight stuff. Don't get too excited, they use weights as well.
El Puma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #27
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between the Alpha and the Omega
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Achilles is with me on the weights and scurla is with me on supplements

You lose puma!
El Puma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #28
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Puma View Post
Well below what they recommend. And yet, I'm pretty muscular I don't believe the hype anymore thats for sure.
Some of the supplements being sold are downright ridiculous. The amount of protein recommended by loads of these brands would make a 300 pound bodybuilder fart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Puma View Post
I have articles that I am posting tonight on my sticky how prisoners get in fantastic shape with the little that they have and mainly bodyweight stuff. Don't get too excited, they use weights as well.
I'm working on something as well, inspired by the animal kingdom. I'm studying mountain lions, they get in awesome shape doing nothing but jumping, climbing, sprinting and fighting, all specific to their "sport". And they take no supplements, at all! They eat those horrible saturated fats in enormous amounts, yet have no clogged arteries. No predigested protein shakes, no patented artificial vitamins and minerals. And what's even more amazing perhaps is that they all seem to have great athletic capabilities, genes seem to be less important for non-humans

Amazing creatures
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #29
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between the Alpha and the Omega
Posts: 2,154
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

Indeed Remmy, indeed. I will also be starting my training log and goals when i add the mostly bodyweight routines i am coming across. I won't lie though, I still take supps such as creatine, BCAA's, fish Oil and multi vitamins because of the beastly amount I am doing and goals i am shooting for.

Huge thumbs up on how clean your keeping the training section and we are getting some knowledgable posters for sure.
El Puma is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:00 PM   #30
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,817
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you lift weights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Puma View Post
Indeed Remmy, indeed. I will also be starting my training log and goals when i add the mostly bodyweight routines i am coming across. I won't lie though, I still take supps such as creatine, BCAA's, fish Oil and multi vitamins because of the beastly amount I am doing and goals i am shooting for.

Huge thumbs up on how clean your keeping the training section and we are getting some knowledgable posters for sure.
Ok i take Cod Liver oil, Chondroitin with Glucosamine and multi vitamins. Which is better Cod Liver oil or Fish oil?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015