Old 02-22-2009, 06:28 AM   #31
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Pavlik just mentioned Mundine in the post fight interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ualPanda View Post
Seeing all these hopeful Choc supporters talking about potential matchups against guys like Sturm/AA/Pavlik is very amusing.

Does anyone want to be part of a friendly wager about this??? That Mundine will NOT fight any of Sturm/Pavik/AA in the next 12-18 months?? Choc's focus is Green and Green only.
Unfortunately i believe you are correct. I don't think Anthony will fight Sturm/Pavlik/Abraham either. He will of course say that they are all ducking him/running from him because they don't want an arse whipping from the P4P king and greatest sportsman the world has ever seen.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #32
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Seeing all these hopeful Choc supporters talking about potential matchups against guys like Sturm/AA/Pavlik is very amusing.

Does anyone want to be part of a friendly wager about this??? That Mundine will NOT fight any of Sturm/Pavik/AA in the next 12-18 months?? Choc's focus is Green and Green only.
Pav was talking about Mundine...for the record I think Mundine should fight Geale......If I was going to bet cash then I woul back Pav.

As far as your bet I think Mundine will fight sturm or pav inside 18mths....what are your terms?
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #33
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Pav was talking about Mundine...for the record I think Mundine should fight Geale......If I was going to bet cash then I woul back Pav.

As far as your bet I think Mundine will fight sturm or pav inside 18mths....what are your terms?
So what if Pav mentioned Mundine's name?? Doesn't mean a thing.

And how many times has Mundine made a comment only to contradict himself with his actions later? U actually believe what he says? Seriously dude, time to wake up and smell the coffee. I could write a friggin essay about the number of times he has gone back on his word.

If you seriously think Mundine is fair dinkum about establishing a Legacy then you are completely deluding yourself. The guy just wants to fatten his bank balance, and the ONLY way he can do this is to fight a completely hopeless, washed up and rusty as shit Green, and attempt to maximse PPV's by using his mouth.

After EVERY single fight for the past 2-3 years Mundine has stated he wanted to fight a top contender or champion. And what does he then do? Continue to fight bum after bum. (And don't talk about his eye injury, this was made out to be a lot worse than it really was. If it was really that bad, the doctor would not let him spar let alone get in a ring).

Dude what makes u think times have changed and that he is actually going to be true to his word? With the Green farce on the horizon, u seriously think Khoder would do anything to jeopardise this??
SexualPanda is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #34
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
So what if Pav mentioned Mundine's name?? Doesn't mean a thing.

And how many times has Mundine made a comment only to contradict himself with his actions later? U actually believe what he says? Seriously dude, time to wake up and smell the coffee. I could write a friggin essay about the number of times he has gone back on his word.

If you seriously think Mundine is fair dinkum about establishing a Legacy then you are completely deluding yourself. The guy just wants to fatten his bank balance, and the ONLY way he can do this is to fight a completely hopeless, washed up and rusty as shit Green, and attempt to maximse PPV's by using his mouth.
Never said anything about establishing a legacy.....did say I think he will fight Geale, Sturm, Bika and Green
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #35
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Seriously, i don't see Mundine taking any fight where he would go in as the underdog any time soon. That rules out Sturm/Abraham/Pavlik. He doesn't care about belts. He threw his away to run from an opponent and fought journeymen for 2 yrs at the same weight.
He will probably fight Geale for Geale's IBO middle belt (Mundine will shout out that he is the middle champ when he wins even though anyone with a boxing brain knows that the IBO belt means nothing). The average sports fan doesn't know the difference between an IBO belt or a WBC belt or a ring mag belt so Anthony can easily make people believe that he is a 3 time 2 weight world champ when everyone in boxing knows that thats bullshit.
What odds that a Green-Mundine fight be for a vacant WBU or WBF belt (wasn't the great Chad Bennett a WBF world champ. That shows the credibility of that belt) to hype it up even more and make Anthony a 4 time 3 weight world champ. Anthony will then compare himself with the greats like Leonard, Hearns, Duran etc etc who were multiple world champs.
I don't think it's too far from the truth. This scenario could definately happen.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2009, 07:19 AM   #36
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Seriously, i don't see Mundine taking any fight where he would go in as the underdog any time soon. That rules out Sturm/Abraham/Pavlik. He doesn't care about belts. He threw his away to run from an opponent and fought journeymen for 2 yrs at the same weight.
He will probably fight Geale for Geale's IBO middle belt (Mundine will shout out that he is the middle champ when he wins even though anyone with a boxing brain knows that the IBO belt means nothing). The average sports fan doesn't know the difference between an IBO belt or a WBC belt or a ring mag belt so Anthony can easily make people believe that he is a 3 time 2 weight world champ when everyone in boxing knows that thats bullshit.
What odds that a Green-Mundine fight be for a vacant WBU or WBF belt (wasn't the great Chad Bennett a WBF world champ. That shows the credibility of that belt) to hype it up even more and make Anthony a 4 time 3 weight world champ. Anthony will then compare himself with the greats like Leonard, Hearns, Duran etc etc who were multiple world champs.
I don't think it's too far from the truth. This scenario could definately happen.
No mate its 5 time 3 weight world champ.....most times vacant/paper or second level belts......but that wont stop him saying hes the best.

I hope he does fight Sturm.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2009, 04:36 PM   #37
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
I think your right on the money here Francis. Your roadmap for Mundine won't be far from reality at all.

Honestly I don't even know why all these Mundine threads even get posted in the Australian forum as the guy does not even consider himself Australian (pity there's no Muslim forum). When you glorify the burning of the Australian flag, prevent the national anthem from being played in your fights, and basically every word that comes of our mouth is something derogatory about Australia and it's history, I don't consider you to be representing Australia. And don't start telling me it's just a persona and that all these acts are really a beat up to try and generate attention and hype for his fights. BS. These acts are as LOW as you can get, . . . there are other ways to friggin hype a fight.

How anyone can still support him after all this still amazes me. Mundine would have to rate alongside Wayne Carey and Nick D'Arcy as the 3 biggest toolbags and total embarrassment to Australian sport.
Old 02-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #38
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I think your right on the money here Francis. Your roadmap for Mundine won't be far from reality at all.

Honestly I don't even know why all these Mundine threads even get posted in the Australian forum as the guy does not even consider himself Australian (pity there's no Muslim forum). When you glorify the burning of the Australian flag, prevent the national anthem from being played in your fights, and basically every word that comes of our mouth is something derogatory about Australia and it's history, I don't consider you to be representing Australia. And don't start telling me it's just a persona and that all these acts are really a beat up to try and generate attention and hype for his fights. BS. These acts are as LOW as you can get, . . . there are other ways to friggin hype a fight.

How anyone can still support him after all this still amazes me. Mundine would have to rate alongside Wayne Carey and Nick D'Arcy as the 3 biggest toolbags and total embarrassment to Australian sport.
Mundine knows he gets more money from people who hate him than from people that want him to win.....he is just cashing on this fact....the more shit he comes up with the more tickets he sells.....sad but true
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 05:21 AM   #39
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Mundine knows he gets more money from people who hate him than from people that want him to win.....he is just cashing on this fact....the more shit he comes up with the more tickets he sells.....sad but true
I think the really sad thing, is that he cannot come up with anything original, that he needs to resort to copying the antics of others. First there was the chicken feet (ala Mayweather), then there he goes out and says "He will never lose to a Christian" to Soliman, straight after Hopkins comments about never losing to a white boy comment to Calzaghe. Then he gets carried out in a King size chair and Crown against Nievas (ala Mayweather's entrance vs Gatti). And lets not forget the endless Roy Jones impersonations.

His antics aren't dull, I'll give him that, but sooo not original.

Last edited by SexualPanda; 02-23-2009 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:36 AM   #40
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Mundine said he'll never lose to Sam cause Sam is a Christian? LOL

What a ****ing wanker.

I will never lose to a viking OOPS!

I will never be knocked down by a Budhhist cab driver OOPS! OOPS!

I will never lose to a Kraut OOPS!
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 05:36 AM   #41
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

pavlic will hunt mundine down, spear him with the jab, and club him with his right.........
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 AM   #42
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

If Mundine has the chance to fight Pav, or Sturm within 4 months, he must take one of the 2 fights. If not, there will be nothing to rebuild, as it will be a waste of time rebuilding anything. Mundines time to take a title fight is NOW. Both men may lose their title this year, or inside 6 months. Both men are suitable oponents, neither one has a difficult style, nor does either man have a serious chance of putting Mundine to sleep.

The only people at risk of falling to sleep is us folk.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #43
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
If Mundine has the chance to fight Pav, or Sturm within 4 months, he must take one of the 2 fights. If not, there will be nothing to rebuild, as it will be a waste of time rebuilding anything. Mundines time to take a title fight is NOW. Both men may lose their title this year, or inside 6 months. Both men are suitable oponents, neither one has a difficult style, nor does either man have a serious chance of putting Mundine to sleep.

The only people at risk of falling to sleep is us folk.
No way its inside 4 months mate....Mundine should fight Geale in about 4 months so if its on I think its later in the year....maybe September or December.....but its Sturm after Geale.

About then GBP will throw heaps of cash at Pav VS Mundine....if....and its a big if....Mundine can beat Sturm.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 06:20 AM   #44
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

So Pavlik does not have a serious chance of putting Mundine to sleep but the Worldclass Crazy Kimmy was able to put him completely on queer street?????

Some strange logic there.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #45
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

pavliks jab will totally ruin mundine. pavlik will hunt mundine dow. mundine will run from pavs power as he will get out jabbed. the weight loss will fatigue mundine and pavlik will catch up early. he'll bust mundine up with the jab, and absolutely slaughter him with the right.....ko by 5-7.
sallywinder is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum