Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-23-2009, 05:14 AM   #1
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Where did it all go wrong for "The Man"

Ive been away for a while pondering where it all went wrong for Anthony Mundine and came to this concluson . for my two bob's worth i reckon it was when JOE CALZAGHE shit out of a fight with the " Superman" that is Mundine, IF Joe had fought him Choc would now have been the former Undisputed 168lbs fighter on the planet and Ring Mag L/Heavweight champ as he would have easily destroyed Calzaghe , Kessler and Bernard Hopkins . Choc would have been home and hosed now if it wasn't that Joe Calzaghe and his ducking Makes me sick
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2009, 05:23 AM   #2
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.
Default Re: Where did it all go wrong for "The Man"

Josey. honestly... its hard to say where it all went wrong. We would have to begin with Mundines attitude, mouth, Management, lack of 'genuine' credibility regarding match-ups and willingness to move on to a higher level. That being said... I'm probably incorrect.

Its a career that becomes very hard to fathom and give a fair perspective on. Other than to say, what a ****ing waste. The likes of Ambrose Palmer, Johnny Lewis or Jack Rennie may have produced a few more action bouts for Mundine.

The game appears to be a sad joke for Mundine... or, it may be the reverse.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Ive been away for a while pondering where it all went wrong for Anthony Mundine and came to this concluson . for my two bob's worth i reckon it was when JOE CALZAGHE shit out of a fight with the " Superman" that is Mundine, IF Joe had fought him Choc would now have been the former Undisputed 168lbs fighter on the planet and Ring Mag L/Heavweight champ as he would have easily destroyed Calzaghe , Kessler and Bernard Hopkins . Choc would have been home and hosed now if it wasn't that Joe Calzaghe and his ducking Makes me sick
Good points but I feel the Man was disheartened when RJJ beat him to the Heavyweight belt. Mundine had been planning to jump up to that division except he was willing to meet one of the Klits. However, Jones beat him to it, Choc had to lose that 40 lbs of muscle he had put on very quickly, that meant that by the time he faced Kessler he had all the odds against him. Anyone who knows boxing knows Mundine clearly won the Kessler fight but when the decision went aginst him his heart was broken. Ever since then he has defeated all comers but all potential opponents know how dangerous he is for not much reward so they are ducking him. He has even tried to throw a few fights to throw off the superman aura he has but he is that good that even whne he tries to lose - he wins.

My heart goes out to him
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 05:29 AM   #4
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
Josey. honestly... its hard to say where it all went wrong. We would have to begin with Mundines attitude, mouth, Management, lack of 'genuine' credibility regarding match-ups and willingness to move on to a higher level. That being said... I'm probably incorrect.

Its a career that becomes very hard to fathom and give a fair perspective on. Other than to say, what a ****ing waste. The likes of Ambrose Palmer, Johnny Lewis or Jack Rennie may have produced a few more action bouts for Mundine.

The game appears to be a sad joke for Mundine... or, it may be the reverse.
Flamer , This thread was intended as a bit of a joke as we seem to be snowed under with Mundine threads here lol ,however . seriously what a waste of space this fella is , he had the talent to give this sport a real go and the world champs a real run for their money however he chose the money instead of pestige, someone should have told him alongside the glory comes a shit load of cash mate . what a waste is all i can figure of this bloke
Old 02-23-2009, 05:33 AM   #5
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Another Mundine thread....these closet lovers will never stop
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 05:34 AM   #6
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Good points but I feel the Man was disheartened when RJJ beat him to the Heavyweight belt. Mundine had been planning to jump up to that division except he was willing to meet one of the Klits. However, Jones beat him to it, Choc had to lose that 40 lbs of muscle he had put on very quickly, that meant that by the time he faced Kessler he had all the odds against him. Anyone who knows boxing knows Mundine clearly won the Kessler fight but when the decision went aginst him his heart was broken. Ever since then he has defeated all comers but all potential opponents know how dangerous he is for not much reward so they are ducking him. He has even tried to throw a few fights to throw off the superman aura he has but he is that good that even whne he tries to lose - he wins.

My heart goes out to him
100% correct Duke , i applaude your knowledge , these knockers know not what they doeth
Old 02-23-2009, 05:39 AM   #7
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Ps Duke , And he won the Ottke fight , Temple shots should be outlawed , they could cause a fighter damage if delivered correctly . ASH ive tried to surpress my love for Anthony for far too long now , i only started on him in a negative fashion because Teke seemed to love him more .
Old 02-23-2009, 05:41 AM   #8
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

I feel sorry for you and Teke cause neither you really know how to truly love the Man like i do
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 05:41 AM   #9
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Shit....!! Sorry Ash, just had to respond to Josey's words. The career of the MAN leaves us all perplexed, and intrigued as to what may happen next. Been waiting too long to see waht happens next though. Dont have to take any wild guess.... as the actual events will be even wilder... Good on you for asking Josey, as you can see.. the Mundine saga is still tiresome mate, and the questions will continue, as will the hopes... seemingly, all in vain. Alas, dont be suprised if 30 posts appear on this particular thread mate. Cheers Josey.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 05:43 AM   #10
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
Shit....!! Sorry Ash, just had to respond to Josey's words. The career of the MAN leaves us all perplexed, and intrigued as to what may happen next. Been waiting too long to see waht happens next though. Dont have to take any wild guess.... as the actual events will be even wilder... Good on you for asking Josey, as you can see.. the Mundine saga is still tiresome mate, and the questions will continue, as will the hopes... seemingly, all in vain. Alas, dont be suprised if 30 posts appear on this particular thread mate. Cheers Josey.
I was hoping to get at least 10 replies Flamer mate
Old 02-23-2009, 05:45 AM   #11
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Ps i was looking forward to Marcus and Mutley's response in particular lol
Old 02-23-2009, 05:48 AM   #12
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
I feel sorry for you and Teke cause neither you really know how to truly love the Man like i do
No way mate , Choc is more well known than Bradman & Clay put together .
Old 02-23-2009, 05:49 AM   #13
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I have a great idea...why dont all you haters stop posting and making threads about Mundine and then we will only see threads around his fights.

As fransis would put it Mundines only 2 fans are on this site....funny mate but we never start any threads other than fight times...99% of the threads are started by haters.

If your so sick of Mundine stop talking about him
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 05:54 AM   #14
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I have a great idea...why dont all you haters stop posting and making threads about Mundine and then we will only see threads around his fights.

As fransis would put it Mundines only 2 fans are on this site....funny mate but we never start any threads other than fight times...99% of the threads are started by haters.

If your so sick of Mundine stop talking about him
No way Ash , Mundine our leader is on the verge of securing a fantastic fight v the winner of Pav v AA in unification battle that will involve his WBCUFA title we need to keep the pressure up to secure said fight . Choc will thank us for it when we enter Choctopia .
Old 02-23-2009, 05:54 AM   #15
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Ashley, You are tripping bro. Are you CIA? Are you here to ****ing pour water on the flame in our hearts? The one that burns so intensely for Choc? If so, please take your negativity to another thread and leave this one alone.
TheDuke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum