Old 02-23-2009, 06:02 AM   #16
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Where did it all go wrong for "The Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Ashley, You are tripping bro. Are you CIA? Are you here to ****ing pour water on the flame in our hearts? The one that burns so intensely for Choc? If so, please take your negativity to another thread and leave this one alone.
Gotta run lads , Pavlik's fight with Rubio is starting another re run on Setanta sports channel , ( gotta make some notes on how Choc will beat him ) ....
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 06:04 AM   #17
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

You are funny guys.......delusional but funny ......you have been in the closet way 2 long...you can PM Sallywinder if you want some Mundine posters
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 06:10 AM   #18
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I have a great idea...why dont all you haters stop posting and making threads about Mundine and then we will only see threads around his fights.

As fransis would put it Mundines only 2 fans are on this site....funny mate but we never start any threads other than fight times...99% of the threads are started by haters.

If your so sick of Mundine stop talking about him
Ash, chill mate... I like Mundine, and his ability...... just like to see it truly tested oneday. The managerial situation is nothingless than a joke. No better than a Real Estate Agent selling land in the summer time, thats subject to flooding in winter. It soon becomes a sad venture to but into.
flamengo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2009, 06:16 AM   #19
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
Ash, chill mate... I like Mundine, and his ability...... just like to see it truly tested oneday. The managerial situation is nothingless than a joke. No better than a Real Estate Agent selling land in the summer time, thats subject to flooding in winter. It soon becomes a sad venture to but into.
Funny you say that...over here they sell land in the winter that floods in the summer......anyway Mundine will have 1 or 2 big fights....we will just have to sit through the rest of the shit in the middle
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 06:28 AM   #20
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Funny you say that...over here they sell land in the winter that floods in the summer......anyway Mundine will have 1 or 2 big fights....we will just have to sit through the rest of the shit in the middle

Jeezz ..Ash, is Khodder selling Real estate there mate????
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 06:39 AM   #21
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Jeezz ..Ash, is Khodder selling Real estate there mate????
No but I am
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 AM   #22
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Ok Ash.... will come and see you in the winter time... need 1/4 acre, with full acre potential.... and the boat ramp must be at the garage door. Cheers.... Location, Location, Location!!
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 06:55 AM   #23
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Ok Ash.... will come and see you in the winter time... need 1/4 acre, with full acre potential.... and the boat ramp must be at the garage door. Cheers.... Location, Location, Location!!
The boat ramp will be at the door in wet season for sure mate.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 07:12 AM   #24
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Gotta run lads , Pavlik's fight with Rubio is starting another re run on Setanta sports channel , ( gotta make some notes on how Choc will beat him ) ....
You won't need a pen and paper...
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 07:59 AM   #25
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
You won't need a pen and paper...
After watching that prefomance by Pavlik i would fancy AA to do a number on him , when Rubio actually threw some leather Pavlik looked average to say the least . Calzaghe would have boxed the snot out of him .
Old 02-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #26
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
After watching that prefomance by Pavlik i would fancy AA to do a number on him , when Rubio actually threw some leather Pavlik looked average to say the least . Calzaghe would have boxed the snot out of him .
Pav is a great fighter and has some great wins however he comes forward and tends to waist punches a bit much for #1 in the world....I dont think Mundine will beat him but Mundine will look going down on points.

Mundines speed is better than Rubio and when he let go Pav was quiet...if Mundine could let go he may win some big fights...only problem is if you let go you are in range to be hit and pav would have 10cm reach on Mundine.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 08:53 AM   #27
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

The Ottke loss took a big chunk out of his confidence. Before then, he was planning to shock the world.
The plan was to simply start up boxing, and become world champion as quick as possible. Since that KO, he's took a somewhat tentative approach, and has been fairly reluctant to take much risk along the way inbetween title bouts.

I think he started to peak during the Kessler fight, and his purple patch was from around the Green fight till a fight or two after the 2nd Soliman fight. After Green he should have simply took his career to the US, or at least try to build a career.

Fighting can after can will only hurt you when the time comes to fight a champion type fighter. Against cans, you can afford to **** up a bit, and I'd imagine Mundine would have got fairly complacent during these fights. Had he have fought winnable yet still top 10-15 ranked opposition instead, like guys like Ruben Williams, Omar Sheika, etc, he'd more than likely get these mistakes out of his system and improve himself.

So...IMO, the Ottke fight, and his decision to fight cans after the Green fight etc, was where it all went wrong for the guy.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #28
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
someone should have told him alongside the glory comes a shit load of cash mate . what a waste is all i can figure of this bloke
True, but Mundine didn't have the ability to be able to attract big money fights in the US. At best he'd have been the main undercard for a HBO fight, but thats about it. I doubt he'd have been able to fight for a million plus per fight over there.
Financially, he's done pretty ****ing good for himself, but at the end of the day, great fighters look back upon the titles they won and the names they beat, not how much money they earnt.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #29
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

I Can't really disagree with any of that lads , Mundine will really look back at his career Twenty years down the road and shudder at all the bullshit that surrounded it , i suspect he as Pecks indicated had zero intention of stepping it up post Kessler imo during that fight it dawned on him that he just didn't have enough to win a legit title when there were blokes like Calzaghe & Kessler walking the planet , there are a couple of ways in which he can redeem himself though in my eyes , one would be to fight a Pavlik / AA sort of guy , the other fight Carl froch at 168lbs in an attempt to silence his critics . if he fought in either bout it would automatically wipe ALL tho cab drivers off his resume in one fight alone imo .
Old 02-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #30
pecks
East Side Guru

Quote:
if he fought in either bout it would automatically wipe ALL tho cab drivers off his resume in one fight alone imo .
You know that Nader Hamden actually was a cab driver?!
pecks is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum