Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 02-23-2009, 07:13 PM   #31
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: Where did it all go wrong for "The Man"

Where? Arena Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.

When? 01/12/2001

Who? Sven Ottke

Up until that point Mundine was an over-confident, ****y, arrogant, outspoken dick. He had gotten away with years of being a ****y cunt in the 13-a-side game, because of his skills, and because he had 12 teammates out on the field to hide behind. When someone finally shut him up at training, he decided footy wasn't for him and switched to boxing.

He managed to put the humiliating decking at training behind him in his new sport, and started to build up his ****iness again, fighting retirees, nobodies and bums, until the day once again arrived where his confidence soared sky high and he felt ready for a world title shot against the weakest SMW world champ with the lowest knock out percentage. His confidence even allowed him to state that his upcoming opponent 'hit like a girl.'

Ottke struck the fear of God, or Allah, or the Rainbow Serpent, or whatever he ****ing believes in, in him that night and knocked him the **** out with an innocuous temple shot. Even Mundine's personal nutsack cleaner Barry Michaels, can be heard on the commentary, confusion mixed with his disappointment, saying "Unusual for a temple shot to knock you out".

After that night, Mundine became an under-confident, nervous, obnoxious, loudmouthed prick, and his fans did their level best to make every excuse under the sun for Mundine's loss - he had the flu, he had no sparring before the fight, a ping pong ball can knock you out if it hits you in the right place, he was winning the fight until Ottke's lucky shot, etc. They hoped to erase that most embarrassing incident from Mundine's career - many of them were banned from BOXREC for trying to edit Mundine's record page by removing the Ottke fight from all existence...one particularly avid Mundine fan, located in Canberra, wasn't seen for weeks, until he emerged from the darkness one day, blinking in the sunlight, muttering something about a DeLorean motor car, a flux capacitor, and one point twenty one jigawatts.

But alas, no amount of around-the-clock nuthugging could undo what had been done...no matter how hard the fans tried, they couldn't make Mundine himself forget that humiliating night.

That's what happened to 'The Man'
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2009, 07:20 PM   #32
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
You know that Nader Hamden actually was a cab driver?!
Still is I think......I think he owns one anyway.....I think Hamden should still fight on......Green VS Hamden will follow after Green VS Taylor.

If Green wants Mundine at LHW he will need to wait 18 months at least....if he goes down to SMW maybe only 12 months....I guess it depends on if Mundine gets a shot at Sturm or a vacant title......donrt matter if he wins or gets beaten he will move up then.

Dont think Mundine will take on Pav or AA

Mundine will have to settle for top 3 to 7 in each division cause thats all hes going to get....but thats great anyway.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #33
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Spot on Inbru. Ottke made him quit & he knows it. I think it was all too soon for him after only 10 fights to be fighting Ottke over in Germany. He ran out of legs &had nowhere to hide. Getting stopped by a feather fister such as Otkke done a lot of mental damage to the so called man.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #34
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 0

when the prick knocked on over the try line in the 99 grand final .
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #35
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
when the prick knocked on over the try line in the 99 grand final .

In the context of this thread being posted in a BOXING forum, I think my answer is more appropriate than yours, but yes, I tend to agree with you

Hey, does anyone remember how he got robbed the night of his first fight vs Zohs? It was on the news, while he and his family were all at the Ent Cent for his big debut, someone broke into their house and stole all of his jeans

His Mum was saying "We know who it is"...prolly some scummy Redfern associate of his...or maybe his cousin Wes Craven?
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #36
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Ive been away for a while pondering where it all went wrong for Anthony Mundine and came to this concluson . for my two bob's worth i reckon it was when JOE CALZAGHE shit out of a fight with the " Superman" that is Mundine, IF Joe had fought him Choc would now have been the former Undisputed 168lbs fighter on the planet and Ring Mag L/Heavweight champ as he would have easily destroyed Calzaghe , Kessler and Bernard Hopkins . Choc would have been home and hosed now if it wasn't that Joe Calzaghe and his ducking Makes me sick

Josey, u have now lowered yourself to those who start rediculous Mundine threads for no reason and then complain that there's too many Mundine threads. Shame on u.
smellmyfinger is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 12:07 AM   #37
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member

Oh, and what u say is true
Old 02-24-2009, 12:19 AM   #38
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Where? Arena Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.

When? 01/12/2001

Who? Sven Ottke

Up until that point Mundine was an over-confident, ****y, arrogant, outspoken dick. He had gotten away with years of being a ****y cunt in the 13-a-side game, because of his skills, and because he had 12 teammates out on the field to hide behind. When someone finally shut him up at training, he decided footy wasn't for him and switched to boxing.

He managed to put the humiliating decking at training behind him in his new sport, and started to build up his ****iness again, fighting retirees, nobodies and bums, until the day once again arrived where his confidence soared sky high and he felt ready for a world title shot against the weakest SMW world champ with the lowest knock out percentage. His confidence even allowed him to state that his upcoming opponent 'hit like a girl.'

Ottke struck the fear of God, or Allah, or the Rainbow Serpent, or whatever he ****ing believes in, in him that night and knocked him the **** out with an innocuous temple shot. Even Mundine's personal nutsack cleaner Barry Michaels, can be heard on the commentary, confusion mixed with his disappointment, saying "Unusual for a temple shot to knock you out".

After that night, Mundine became an under-confident, nervous, obnoxious, loudmouthed prick, and his fans did their level best to make every excuse under the sun for Mundine's loss - he had the flu, he had no sparring before the fight, a ping pong ball can knock you out if it hits you in the right place, he was winning the fight until Ottke's lucky shot, etc. They hoped to erase that most embarrassing incident from Mundine's career - many of them were banned from BOXREC for trying to edit Mundine's record page by removing the Ottke fight from all existence...one particularly avid Mundine fan, located in Canberra, wasn't seen for weeks, until he emerged from the darkness one day, blinking in the sunlight, muttering something about a DeLorean motor car, a flux capacitor, and one point twenty one jigawatts.

But alas, no amount of around-the-clock nuthugging could undo what had been done...no matter how hard the fans tried, they couldn't make Mundine himself forget that humiliating night.

That's what happened to 'The Man'
Totally disagree.

I cant see how that could be where it went wrong, when he reached greater heights later in his career.

After Siaca, Mundine realised he was fighting a terrible style that doesnt last at the top. He went away and worked on fighting at a closer distance, and using more sideways movement rather than just running.

He reached his peak around Kessler, Green and Soliman 2.

His decision to not step up again at this time is where he went wrong. Yeh, u might argue that decision comes back to the Ottke loss, but i cant see that at all. I believe the Ottke loss has no effect on his current psych. He's fought better fighters than Ottke since and those better fighters were even bigger punchers.

At the time he lost to Kessler, he and everybody else realised just how good he could be if he moved forward from that fight similar to how he did after Siaca. Sadly, he only moved forward a little, and his lack of continual high class opponants saw him lose whatever he did gain from the Kessler fight, leaving him where he is now, in no mans land.

I believe Mundine has lost all faith in his ability, and believes he's missed his chance.

It wasnt Ottke, it was Mundine's inability to seize the moment when it presented itself.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #39
boxon123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It all went wrong for mundine at the same point it does for most boxers. They open there month and out it comes.Maybe they should bar all sportsmen from speaking in public.
boxon123 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 AM   #40
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Khoder Nasser
TheDuke is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 01:00 AM   #41
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

khoder nasser
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 01:45 AM   #42
grazz1971

i t went wrong the day the prick was born
grazz1971 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 01:57 AM   #43
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

At school.

What were the teachers thinking.

How can a young man come through the schooling system and not string 2 words together

It's not like he left in year 9 to do a trade or something, he went all the way through to 18yrs. I believe he completed the HSC
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 03:57 AM   #44
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

With the current crop of M/W champ, Mundine a very good chance of defeating two of them, without too much risk of injury. Pav and Sturm, neither has a threatening style, clearly Pav is the more in-ya-face fighter, although Mundine is not an easy man to tag cleanly..... especially when he is thinking, or fighting in fear.

Perhaps he has an issue with losing the title???? Or defending the title..... Jeez... two titles are literally there for the taking... **** it, lets chase the IBO instead... go figure!!!!
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 03:59 AM   #45
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears

Boxing is such an amazing sport to follow. Last year people were wondering if Pavlik was gonna knock Hopkins out when he inevitably won the fight. Now some people think Mundine could beat Pavlik???????????????????????

Last edited by TheDuke; 02-24-2009 at 04:20 AM.
TheDuke is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum