Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #1486
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Dream Team Boxing Promotions served notice to the South Florida boxing scene tonight with their debut card in front of a packed house at the Miami-Dade Fair & Expo Center. The celebratory atmosphere resulted from years of experience and enthusiasm as well as serious hard work from promoter Henry Rivalta. Judging by the electricity in the standing-room only arena and the competitive bouts in the ring, Rivalta and his gregarious business partner, Carlos Rodriguez look to be living the Dream.

Cuban southpaw heavyweight sensation Luis “El Mercedes” Ortiz (8-0, 6 KOs) destroyed Philadelphia veteran “Smokin” Bert Cooper (38-23, 31 KOs) by TKO at 1:29 in the second round of their scheduled 10-round main event.
Ortiz looked like a “Blond Bomber” as he entered the ring with his hair dyed white. The younger, fresher Ortiz looked supremely confident dismantling the savvy ring veteran in front of him with straight lefts and right hooks to Cooper’s midsection. Ortiz flashed amazing speed and reflexes with a strong left hook to force Cooper to stumble backwards. Ortiz pounced and unloaded a blistering one-two at the bell.
The second round found the shorter Cooper attempting to bull into range and try to land something meaningful.

Ortiz would have none of it and stood Cooper up with a thudding right jab followed by a blistering left cross to plant Cooper on his back. Cooper beat the standing-eight count and ate another wicked combination that put him back on the canvas. Referee Frank Gentile once again administered the eight-count and Cooper once again rose to his feet. Urged on by shouts of “OR-TIZ, OR-TIZ, OR-TIZ”, Ortiz once again turned up his attack and brutalized Cooper with straight lefts and right hooks, leaving Cooper in a defensive shell. Gentile realized the veteran wasn’t responding to the assault and called a halt as the crowd exploded in ecstasy
arve lie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 10:15 AM   #1487
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Dream Team Cuban cruiserweight Pedro “El Reguilete” Rodriguez (5-0, 4 KOs) extended his unbeaten record and barely missed adding another knockout during his 6-round demolition of Puerto Rican Juan Jose Ruiz (6-8, 2 KOs). Rodriguez did damage from the opening bell, scoring strong straight rights and a left uppercut

Super bantamweight Dream Team dynamo Yoandris “El Niño” Salinas (7-0, 3 KOs) whipped the frenzied crowd into a furor en route to stopping David Green (2-8, 1 KO) at 42 seconds of the sixth round. Salinas caught Green’s attention with his very first punch-a lead right hand that knocked Green back to the ropes

Light middleweight Inocente “Fabulous” Fiz (6-0, 3 KOs) kept the Dream Team’s perfect win streak alive with his 6-round unanimous decision victory over Christopher “Shaka” Henry (24-23, 18 KOs) of Barbados. The two fought a measured pace with the taller Henry unable to find the right range for his longer shots. Fiz kept his hands low to his sides, firing single left hooks and right hands
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 04-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #1488
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Dream Team Cuban super bantamweight Kadel Martinez (2-1) kicked the undercard off with a redemptive 4-round unanimous decision victory over Zack “Zack Attack” Watkins (1-1) of Georgia

Humberto Savigne, Cuba (4-1)former cruiser now a supermiddle won in one round against Marvin Jones (2-1)
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #1489
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Internationale Prizefighter turnering on 7. may in London. Juan Carlos Gomez (49-2) Cuba, Tye Fields (45-3) USA, Kevin "Kingpin" Johnson (24-1-1) USA, Mike Perez (13-0) Cuba, Konstantin Airich (16-3-2) fra Tyskland, Michael Sprott (36-15) England, Fres Oquendo (32-7) Puerto Rico , Gregory Tony (14-1) France
Two cubans !!! Watch it on Skysport television
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #1490
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Any news on solis, is he coming a long fine?
garfios is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #1491
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Read that Solis will be back in october. He has been in hospital a long time .
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2011, 10:27 PM   #1492
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
Read that Solis will be back in october. He has been in hospital a long time .
Fighting or back here, in Miamai?
garfios is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #1493
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Solis would probably fight again in october.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #1494
robg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

I don't know what the mother ****ing **** Don King is doing here with Angelo Santana but this is getting ridiculous. One fight in the last 10 Months and he has nothing scheduled in the future. I really wish Don King would get a TV Deal for his up and comers or something. Golden Boy has Telefutura, Top Rank has Fox, Lou Dibella has SNY, Gary Shaw gets on ShoBox a lot, I think Don King should get something himself or get outta Boxing.
robg is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #1495
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

How about Lara, I heard Molina is going to fight soon, he should had rematch him asap. I think October is too early for the kind of injury Solis endured, but then wtf do I know.
garfios is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #1496
Cubanborn87
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Guys we have sopme cuban action this friday

Peter Quillin on telefutura, rances barthelemy has a chance to get aired by espn and el maja has a chance to get on telemundo
Cubanborn87 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #1497
robg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
Guys we have sopme cuban action this friday

Peter Quillin on telefutura, rances barthelemy has a chance to get aired by espn and el maja has a chance to get on telemundo

Angelo too!
robg is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2011, 09:48 PM   #1498
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

Nice weekend!
garfios is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 AM   #1499
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
Internationale Prizefighter turnering on 7. may in London. Juan Carlos Gomez (49-2) Cuba, Tye Fields (45-3) USA, Kevin "Kingpin" Johnson (24-1-1) USA, Mike Perez (13-0) Cuba, Konstantin Airich (16-3-2) fra Tyskland, Michael Sprott (36-15) England, Fres Oquendo (32-7) Puerto Rico , Gregory Tony (14-1) France
Two cubans !!! Watch it on Skysport television
¿ WTF is Mike Perez doing fighting in Prizefighter ? ¿ Isn't Prizefighter for boxers who are past their prime ? Mike is only 24 years , so I don't understand , oh man I had a feeling that this would happen one day , these cubans in Ireland are beign badly managed and badly promoted , you'll never see the Klitschkos or Haye taking part in this type of tournament , not yet anyways . This just shows you what kind of boxing " promoters " they signed with , RUBBISH promoters , even worst than Frank ****** and that's sayin a lot . A long time ago , when I heard that they had defected and signed with the Irish instead of Arena my thoughts were: OH MY GOD , ¿ what have they done ? , but then I read somewhere that they were really young ( 22,23 years ) so I thought : well , they have time on their side , they can spend a couple of years in Ireland fighting European oponents ( and learning nothing ) and the they should ditch their current promotion company and MOVE to the USA and sign with a PROPER promotion company , or if the want to stay with their promoters at least they have to move ( like Rigo ) , but no , 3 years later they are still there and the seems to be REGRESSIN not progressing . At least Rigo's promoter got him signed to Top Rank and got him a " World " title by his 7th fight . Oh man I'm really desilusioned by the way these kids carrers are beign managed , Idk but I think they will NEVER be World Champions . ! What a waste ! . Peace .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2011, 08:51 AM   #1500
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
Any news on solis, is he coming a long fine?
Solís is in Miami doing therapy, he is recovering very well.It was a possibility of a fight in October but will be too soon and unnecessary , but at the end of the year could be facing somebody from K-2 promotions(neither klits of course)
Kid Cubano is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum