Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 04-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #1516
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

I forgot to add that I have seen ALL their fights , most of them against extremely WEAK opposition that won't help them learn nothing ( British style ).
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #1517
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

! They learned to drink in Ireland ! ! What a surprise ! If they are having discipline problems there maybe it's because they don't like how their careers are going , they are seeing their team mates in America ( Gamboa , Lara , Ugas , etc ) being better trained and better managed , so IT'S TIME TO CHANGE . I doubt they'll do the same in America if they were with Top Rank or GBP . ¿ get it ?
Old 04-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #1518
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
I think all of us hope the three irish cubans should be matched against better fighters.
They were winners of world championships for fighters under 18 ? as amateurs.
Almost all of their pro-fights been mismatches, so please give them something to fight !!!
! Amen to that !
Old 04-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #1519
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

vCash: 4511

Oquendo's pulled out of Prizefighter tourney.
boxeo#1 is online now  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 04:29 PM   #1520
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Weights from Kissimmee

Jose Nieves 121.5 vs. Cuauhtemoc Vargas 122
Darley Perez 134 vs. Jose “El Gallo” Reyes 136
Enrique Rios 122 vs. Alfredo Garcia 119
Philip Penson 174 vs. Jose Laguer 176
Hairon Socarras 125 vs. Kenneth Calvente 125
Aaron Chavez 130 vs. Cesar Cisnero 132
Michael Mendez 147 vs. Juan Aguirre 150
Larry Yanez 137 vs. Jose Rivera 136
Sean Bennet 233 vs. Jayce Monroe 243
Venue: Kissimmee Civic Center, Kissimmee, Florida
Promoter: Felix “Tuto” Zabala, Jr./All Star Boxing
TV: Telefutura
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #1521
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Heavyweight Glendy Hernandez (7-0, 3 KOs) won a lfour round unanimous decision over Ken Frank (4-2-1, 2 KOs). The 287lb Frank’s nearly 50lb weight advantage didn’t help as Hernandez won 39-37, 39-37, 40-36.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #1522
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Peter Quillin who is of Cuban descent fights tonight against Jesse Brinkley.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 04-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #1523
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Barthelemy is fighting too?
garfios is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 12:39 AM   #1524
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Well Chocolate won, good win for him, what about Rances?
garfios is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 01:29 AM   #1525
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

i'm looking for Rances results and nobody knows shit
did he finally get to fight?
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 01:38 AM   #1526
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

and Hairon Socarras was fighting at Kissimmi in Nieves- Vargas undercard.
but no results to be found anywhere
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #1527
MURPHY N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy O C View Post
Are you stupid? Recent winners of prizefighter Martin Rogan, went from unknown to being British champion, selling out 10000 seater arena arenas and earning a world ranking.

Sam ***ton, became British Champion before losing to Derek Chisora who landed a shot at Klitschko on the strength of that win.

Willie Casey, Was totally unknown until Prizefighter, then became European Champion and landed a World title shot.

Audley Harrisson, was a laughing stock. Won Prizefighter, then European Title and landed career high purse and World Title shot against Haye.

That just proves that winning prizefighter can help a fighters career hugely.

Luis Garcia has recently stopped Nathan King, who took DeGale the distance. Beat Alexander Sipos, a tough fighter who took Andy ee the distance. His last 3 opponents have a combined record of 60-17=2. One of them being a former World Champ and Garcia stopped all of them.

Collado/Acosta has beaten a former World Champ and a World challenger in his past 5 fights. His most recent fight he stopped a guy that had went the distance with a World Champion.

Tell me how many of their fights have you seen? What makes you think theyre regressing rather than progressing? Ive seen all their debuts and followed them since and can tell you they have definitely progressed. They are fighting like pros even if they do tend to slap at times.

What do you really know about them? How can you blame their managers? Do you know how unprofesional Garcia and Perez are? How much they drink? Their managers have spent huge amounts of money on them and for a period these guys refused to train. Collado/Acosta is the only one with any dedication. Dont make such silly statements unless you know the true story

tommy o c .... u just seem to have too much of a facination about the cuban lads especially perez (even an obsession some might say), this is a boxing forum not a gossip coloum so who cares wen u tell us wat perez eats for breakfast, lunch n dinner, or if his wife had a baby or about garcia n perez drinking (u seem to be the one trying to get it out der that the cuban lads are drinkers) talk boxing man...the people of cork, ireland n these members want to hear progress and updates on perez n d other lads... u'd think u'd be supporting ur own instead of posting ur silly woman comments... and now to go off on one about how good der management has been.... WHO CARES ...but for the record the present mgt seems doing a suberb job but that previous manager WE, (i speak for real boxing FANS) the boxing supporters in ireland wish perez all the best in P.fighter...YOU CAN DO IT KID ONCE U GOT STUCK IN IN YOUR TRAINING and we wish all 3 lads the best in the pro career, be it based here in ireland or in the US. i think TOC down in cork and any other negative commenters should just get over der time of the month mouning, start talking BOXING and get behind the lads of der county and country...

perez has some talent....SPEED...phoooowww..unreal....hope PF sets him up cause he has a bright future (T.O.C.???) and garcia the same
MURPHY N is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #1528
Cubanborn87
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
and Hairon Socarras was fighting at Kissimmi in Nieves- Vargas undercard.
but no results to be found anywhere
he won by ko and from what i heard from my friend it was a hell of a ko just like the first fight
Cubanborn87 is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #1529
misticmonk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenson#1 View Post
You are proving my point ; all those boxers you mention are B- boxers ( Rogan,Casey , etc ) and in some cases ( Harrison ) they are C - , you called me stupid without me insulting you , but I understand you , I've been living here in the UK for some time now and I KNOW of the low level of boxing competition here , British boxers are often pitted against weak European competition , that's why when the major fights agains the Americans ( Continental ) come you always fail to deliver , please don't mention the likes of Ricky Hatton ( a boxer without the discipline required to be an A+ fighter ) and Degale ( another Frank ****** Hypejob ) , they are or were B - fighters , only in the UK they can be boxing stars . Like it or not the truth is that Prizefighter IS A SHITY competition , destined to make " Stars " in the UK of rubbish fighters , you will never see an Arreola or an Adamek or a Povetkin there , and for Perez boxing there at this stage it's ridicoulos , HE SHOULD BE SHOWCASING HIS SKILLS IN AMERICA by now , and Luis Garcia fighting the likes of Byron Mitchel , a totally shot fighter is crazy , it gives you an idea of where their boxing careers are going , I repeat it again : unless they change their Promoters once their contracts are up and MOVE to the USA , their careers are doomed . Peace.
Luis Garcia is the pick of the three for me. Acosta is the most concistent and dedicated. Perez now has the best chance of launching himself on the international scene, a win in prizefighter will get him moved up the ranking hugely and noticed by a much bigger viewing public. But the lads dedication is something they had to do themselves. If the cannot stay away from temptation in Cork, what chance do you think they will have in New York or Miami. Their first manager got fustrated and walked away from them, and he's the man who got Rigondeux a world title in 7 fights. The current team are doing a reasonable job. Boxing is show business as much as sport and the Cubans are not a huge draw. The team around them have done good work but long term the three Cubans do need American exposure. However the heavyweight scene is all happening in Europe at the moment so if Perez can win prizefighter he is right in the mix. Once the Klitchkos beat Haye and Adamek whos left to fight.
misticmonk is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #1530
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If there is problems with all three irish cubans it could be they want to move to Florida and live together with other exil-cubans in a hotter clima like it is in Cuba.
These guys want sun and hot weather.
arve lie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum