boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-07-2011, 05:52 AM   #1576
moorser
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

mike perez is not 244
moorser is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2011, 09:43 AM   #1577
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
Another fat heavyweight from the Island, they don't learn what a shame.
Perez is 230 my man, here is the official weights

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]2000 pounds of heavyweight boxing talent collides in the ring on Saturday night, fighting to be crowned the first Prizefighter International Heavyweight King – and for the first time fans from all over the world can watch the action live online.
The special edition of Matchroom Sport’s eight-man, one night tournaments sees eight fighters from eight different countries head to Alexandra Palace in north London live on Sky Sports 1 and HD1 from 9pm – and with huge interest in all four corners of the globe, an online stream will allow fans outside the UK to see the action. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is the official live video stream for the event and will be available outside the UK from 9pm GMT on Saturday night.
Irish-based Cuban Mike Perez kicks-off the night, putting his unbeaten record on the line against Trinidad and Tobago’s Kerston Manswell. The winner of that fight will face a semi-final clash against either giant Russian Evgeny Orlov or former French Heavyweight champion Gregory Tony. The other side of the draw sees UK Prizefighter Champion Michael Sprott face American KO machine Tye Fields, with the victor facing either unbeaten Romanian Lucian Bot or the dangerous big-hitting German Konstantin Airich in the second semi-final.
Prizefighter International Heavyweights Draw (with weights)
Quarter-final one: Mike Perez (16st 6lb) v Kerston Manswell (18st)
Quarter-final two: Evgeny Orlov (22st) v Gregory Tony (16st 3lb)
Quarter-final three: Michael Sprott (17st) v Tye Fields (19st 5lb)
Quarter-final four: Lucian Bot (15st 10lb) v Konstantin Airich (16st 4lb)
Tickets for Prizefighter International Heavyweights at London’s Alexandra Palace on Saturday 7 May are available from on the door at Alexandra Palace from 7.30pm priced £35 unreserved and £50 and £60 ringside.
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #1578
Max Banjo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3325

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
Perez is 230 my man, here is the official weights

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]2000 pounds of heavyweight boxing talent collides in the ring on Saturday night, fighting to be crowned the first Prizefighter International Heavyweight King – and for the first time fans from all over the world can watch the action live online.
The special edition of Matchroom Sport’s eight-man, one night tournaments sees eight fighters from eight different countries head to Alexandra Palace in north London live on Sky Sports 1 and HD1 from 9pm – and with huge interest in all four corners of the globe, an online stream will allow fans outside the UK to see the action. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is the official live video stream for the event and will be available outside the UK from 9pm GMT on Saturday night.
Irish-based Cuban Mike Perez kicks-off the night, putting his unbeaten record on the line against Trinidad and Tobago’s Kerston Manswell. The winner of that fight will face a semi-final clash against either giant Russian Evgeny Orlov or former French Heavyweight champion Gregory Tony. The other side of the draw sees UK Prizefighter Champion Michael Sprott face American KO machine Tye Fields, with the victor facing either unbeaten Romanian Lucian Bot or the dangerous big-hitting German Konstantin Airich in the second semi-final.
Prizefighter International Heavyweights Draw (with weights)
Quarter-final one: Mike Perez (16st 6lb) v Kerston Manswell (18st)
Quarter-final two: Evgeny Orlov (22st) v Gregory Tony (16st 3lb)
Quarter-final three: Michael Sprott (17st) v Tye Fields (19st 5lb)
Quarter-final four: Lucian Bot (15st 10lb) v Konstantin Airich (16st 4lb)
Tickets for Prizefighter International Heavyweights at London’s Alexandra Palace on Saturday 7 May are available from on the door at Alexandra Palace from 7.30pm priced £35 unreserved and £50 and £60 ringside.

I still think perez's ideal weight is 220
Max Banjo is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #1579
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Banjo View Post
I still think perez's ideal weight is 220
Nearly a stone lighter than what he weighed for his last fight though, at least its an improvement.
Old 05-07-2011, 10:31 AM   #1580
Max Banjo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
Nearly a stone lighter than what he weighed for his last fight though, at least its an improvement.
im not disputing that im merely stating my opinion....
Old 05-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #1581
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
im not disputing that im merely stating my opinion....
Old 05-07-2011, 08:01 PM   #1582
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Perez wins Prizefighter
Mike Perez (15-0, 12 KOs) scored a first round TKO over Tye Fields (47-4, 42 KOs) to win the Prizefighter: International Heavyweights tournament on Saturday night at the Alexandra Palace in London. Perez swarmed over Fields, staggered him and the bout was waved off. Seemed to be a quick stoppage. The bout lasted 42 seconds
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #1583
Max Banjo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Old 05-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #1584
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Mike Perez reminds me of another Mike, Tyson
This guys a terror, fast hands hard punches and he throws a lot of punches
Looking forward to Mike Perez and Luis Ortiz moving up the ranking in HW.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #1585
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Perez looking for big fights

Heavyweight Mike Perez (16-0, 12 KOs) is targeting big things after claiming the first ever Prizefighter International trophy and the £32,000 winner’s check, with three wins and two first round KOs on Saturday in London. “I want to face one of the big names – the Klitschkos, David Haye – I am good enough to win titles and whoever wants to fight me for their titles, I’m want to fight them,” said Perez. “I got better as the fights went on and I wanted to prove to those people who have helped me like my trainer and my family that they were right to back me
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #1586
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
Mike Perez reminds me of another Mike, Tyson
This guys a terror, fast hands hard punches and he throws a lot of punches
Looking forward to Mike Perez and Luis Ortiz moving up the ranking in HW.
He does indeed , but imo he still has a lot of work to do before fighting ANY top 10 ranked HW , he has to work on his conditioning and stamina ( it showed in his first fight against Manswell ) and for the love of god ¿ what's with that ugly looping right hand ? , he should fix that too , every time he throws it he opens himself up , a good oponent can making him pay , on the other hand he is fast and seems to pack a punch so I think he'll be fine in the long run ( and he's trying to speak English , something none of the other Cubans in America have done ) , Congratulations to him for the win and hope he continues winning but as I said before NOW IS THE TIME FOR A CHANGE AND GO TO AMERICA , I wouldn't like to see him in the next Prizefighter again . Peace .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #1587
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenson#1 View Post
He does indeed , but imo he still has a lot of work to do before fighting ANY top 10 ranked HW , he has to work on his conditioning and stamina ( it showed in his first fight against Manswell ) and for the love of god ¿ what's with that ugly looping right hand ? , he should fix that too , every time he throws it he opens himself up , a good oponent can making him pay , on the other hand he is fast and seems to pack a punch so I think he'll be fine in the long run ( and he's trying to speak English , something none of the other Cubans in America have done ) , Congratulations to him for the win and hope he continues winning but as I said before NOW IS THE TIME FOR A CHANGE AND GO TO AMERICA , I wouldn't like to see him in the next Prizefighter again . Peace .
I dont think going to america permanently now is the right way to go. If they can get him on one or two card sover there great, but I think he should remain based in Ireland for the next few fights anyway...
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 07:20 AM   #1588
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Rigo wearing white jeans, how embarassing.....
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #1589
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415
Thumbs up Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_messi View Post
I dont think going to america permanently now is the right way to go. If they can get him on one or two card sover there great, but I think he should remain based in Ireland for the next few fights anyway...
I can see what you meant , but imo he should be moving there sooner rather than later . Peace .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 11:44 AM   #1590
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

somehow i feel they r safer in Ireland.
Miami could be their downfall, they just need more exposure.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum