boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #1591
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
somehow i feel they r safer in Ireland.
Miami could be their downfall, they just need more exposure.
I agree, also staying in Ireland will force him to improve his english which in turn makes him more marketable etc....
leo_messi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #1592
Gamboa Express
Jeremiah 33:3
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Does anyone know why Luis Franco hasn't fought since February? Franco is our best featherweight after Gamboa, he really impressed me in his last fight against Miranda in seeing how much punishment he can take but he needs to improve his defence. He can definitely go a long way, he has very good technique, amateur experience, along with aggression, stamina, guts, an iron Chin and determination but needs to box more and don't brawl. He should have fought by now, does anyone know what's going on with, " La Estrella " ???
Gamboa Express is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #1593
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamboa Express View Post
Does anyone know why Luis Franco hasn't fought since February? Franco is our best featherweight after Gamboa, he really impressed me in his last fight against Miranda in seeing how much punishment he can take but he needs to improve his defence. He can definitely go a long way, he has very good technique, amateur experience, along with aggression, stamina, guts, an iron Chin and determination but needs to box more and don't brawl. He should have fought by now, does anyone know what's going on with, " La Estrella " ???
That was a good fight between Franco and Miranda. I read an article in a Mexican sports page, that Miranda was trying to get a rematch against Franco. I don't know if Team Franco is going for it or seeking other options, no word from team Franco. Who is Promoting Franco anyways?
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #1594
Cubanborn87
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
That was a good fight between Franco and Miranda. I read an article in a Mexican sports page, that Miranda was trying to get a rematch against Franco. I don't know if Team Franco is going for it or seeking other options, no word from team Franco. Who is Promoting Franco anyways?
Gary Shaw
Cubanborn87 is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #1595
Cubanborn87
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamboa Express View Post
I have a very hard time believing that franco can beat any of the champs at 126
Cubanborn87 is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 10:56 PM   #1596
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Franco has a good workrate but lacks real power.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #1597
realdeal561
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 459

I was not impressed by Franco. Horrible last performance IMO and was lucky to get the win
realdeal561 is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 11:09 PM   #1598
Dustaine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 733

Franco... not good enough. I expect good things for Hairon Socarrás, though. That kid has dynamite in his fists.
Dustaine is offline  Top
Old 05-09-2011, 11:40 PM   #1599
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustaine View Post
Franco... not good enough. I expect good things for Hairon Socarrás, though. That kid has dynamite in his fists.

right, that kid hits hard,and he is only like 19 i believe.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:05 PM   #1600
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Socarraz had a sparring against Salinas (we saw the video some months ago) and Socarraz proved that he is more than a hard-punching fighter.
Socarraz and Mike Perez really exiting fighters. Hairon Socarraz very young and lack amateur background
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #1601
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportofkings View Post
Perez is 230 my man, here is the official weights

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]2000 pounds of heavyweight boxing talent collides in the ring on Saturday night, fighting to be crowned the first Prizefighter International Heavyweight King – and for the first time fans from all over the world can watch the action live online.
The special edition of Matchroom Sport’s eight-man, one night tournaments sees eight fighters from eight different countries head to Alexandra Palace in north London live on Sky Sports 1 and HD1 from 9pm – and with huge interest in all four corners of the globe, an online stream will allow fans outside the UK to see the action. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is the official live video stream for the event and will be available outside the UK from 9pm GMT on Saturday night.
Irish-based Cuban Mike Perez kicks-off the night, putting his unbeaten record on the line against Trinidad and Tobago’s Kerston Manswell. The winner of that fight will face a semi-final clash against either giant Russian Evgeny Orlov or former French Heavyweight champion Gregory Tony. The other side of the draw sees UK Prizefighter Champion Michael Sprott face American KO machine Tye Fields, with the victor facing either unbeaten Romanian Lucian Bot or the dangerous big-hitting German Konstantin Airich in the second semi-final.
Prizefighter International Heavyweights Draw (with weights)
Quarter-final one: Mike Perez (16st 6lb) v Kerston Manswell (18st)
Quarter-final two: Evgeny Orlov (22st) v Gregory Tony (16st 3lb)
Quarter-final three: Michael Sprott (17st) v Tye Fields (19st 5lb)
Quarter-final four: Lucian Bot (15st 10lb) v Konstantin Airich (16st 4lb)
Tickets for Prizefighter International Heavyweights at London’s Alexandra Palace on Saturday 7 May are available from on the door at Alexandra Palace from 7.30pm priced £35 unreserved and £50 and £60 ringside.
230 is too much for his height, 215-220 will b an excelent weight for him
garfios is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 05:09 PM   #1602
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Any news on Lara and Gamboa?
garfios is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 07:49 PM   #1603
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ugas back june 25 against Kenny Abrll (11-3)
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #1604
realdeal561
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
Ugas back june 25 against Kenny Abrll (11-3)
Finally a step up.
realdeal561 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #1605
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

No fights currently scheduled but undefeated Cuban featherweight prospect Luis “La Estrella” Franco (9-0 5 KOs) is currently training at SoMi Fitness in Miami with strength and conditioning coach Willie Del Sol and dietician Unni Greene. He is undergoing a fitness program specially designed to increase his punching power and stamina.

May 11th, 2011

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum