Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-11-2011, 07:47 AM   #1606
Cubanborn87
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
Ugas back june 25 against Kenny Abrll (11-3)

is uggas signed with top rank now? i do see him a lot on top rank cards
Cubanborn87 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #1607
Gamboa Express
Jeremiah 33:3
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
No fights currently scheduled but undefeated Cuban featherweight prospect Luis “La Estrella” Franco (9-0 5 KOs) is currently training at SoMi Fitness in Miami with strength and conditioning coach Willie Del Sol and dietician Unni Greene. He is undergoing a fitness program specially designed to increase his punching power and stamina.

May 11th, 2011
Yep, I was just about to post this! This is good for Franco as he really needs to increase his KO power. Hopefully we will see him soon. I agree, this kid Socarraz has way more potential than Franco, ( because of his young age and KO power ) but Franco can still do something with his career. He has the vast Cuban amateur experience, good technique and an Iron Chin.
Gamboa Express is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #1608
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Franco, his first hard fight as a pro against a very good and experienced fighter and he won. hes gonna learn.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #1609
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamboa Express View Post
Yep, I was just about to post this! This is good for Franco as he really needs to increase his KO power. Hopefully we will see him soon. I agree, this kid Socarraz has way more potential than Franco, ( because of his young age and KO power ) but Franco can still do something with his career. He has the vast Cuban amateur experience, good technique and an Iron Chin.
I think Franco has a very good career ahead of him, and his power is underrated he still throw punches like he wants to score and not hurt, he will learn how to turn those punches over, he has a granite chin and he is fighting stiff competition and he did won his last fight against a tough and powerful Mexican warrior, even thought he fought Miranda's fight (I think that is his name) there is no reason to think that he would not pick a belt or two in his career.
garfios is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #1610
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

June2 Jhonson - Jose Torres (21-4)
june 4 Consuegra-tba
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 12:13 PM   #1611
Gamboa Express
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
I think Franco has a very good career ahead of him, and his power is underrated he still throw punches like he wants to score and not hurt, he will learn how to turn those punches over, he has a granite chin and he is fighting stiff competition and he did won his last fight against a tough and powerful Mexican warrior, even thought he fought Miranda's fight (I think that is his name) there is no reason to think that he would not pick a belt or two in his career.
I agree with you here Garf, Franco has the goods.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #1612
Gamboa Express
ESB Senior Member

Does anyone know what the heck is going on with Yudel Jhonson? He is much better than Lara in my opinion and no one talks about him. He has much better technique, more speed, much better defence ( smooth as silk ), is a southpaw and can also punch a bit. Why are promoters ignoring him? This guy is an Olympic Silver Medalist and has better amateur experience than Lara, could it be because he is already 30 years old?

Every time that I see him he really impresses me, he has incredible boxing skills combined with very fast hands and defence. The kid can definitely be World Champ but I just don't see much happening with him! This is very frustrating ... Anyone know why?
Old 05-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #1613
Dustaine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 733

Quote:
Does anyone know what the heck is going on with Yudel Jhonson? He is much better than Lara in my opinion and no one talks about him. He has much better technique, more speed, much better defence ( smooth as silk ), is a southpaw and can also punch a bit. Why are promoters ignoring him? This guy is an Olympic Silver Medalist and has better amateur experience than Lara, could it be because he is already 30 years old?

Every time that I see him he really impresses me, he has incredible boxing skills combined with very fast hands and defence. The kid can definitely be World Champ but I just don't see much happening with him! This is very frustrating ... Anyone know why?
He's going to fight Miguel Torres (Colombia, 21-4 19 KOs) on June 3rd. I too think he's better than Lara. Lara is not progressing at all.
Dustaine is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #1614
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustaine View Post
He's going to fight Miguel Torres (Colombia, 21-4 19 KOs) on June 3rd. I too think he's better than Lara. Lara is not progressing at all.
Lara is younger and has improve since his first fight, I don't think his last fight is a measure stick, maybe he was having some personal problems and took Molina lightly and got out hustle not beat, he land it the best punches and when on the offense Molina didn't have an answer, unfortunately he didn't use it often, and unlike Solis he didn't lose his "0" which to me is very overrated, he will learn from that fight and get better if he wants it enough, the talent is there.
garfios is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 02:39 PM   #1615
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

We can not expect all cubans to walk straight up the ranking-list and grab a belt without meeting some difficulties. The success they had in the amateurs make it more of a process to adjust to proboxing. To get a loss or draw a majority decision gonna happen to many of the best. But they gonna come back- come back stronger.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #1616
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Johnson did good look,looking forward to see him again jun 3rd
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2011, 04:01 PM   #1617
Gamboa Express
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustaine View Post
Hey Dustaine, mi hermano discúlpame por lo del otro dia. Yo no entendí lo de tus spacesuits y me adelanté. Compatriota, thanks for the update on Jhonson. At least he is fighting pretty good opposition but what worries me is that I don't see any big plans for him, as a matter of fact I don't even think he is ranked in the top 20 yet at 154 pounds and he is 10-0.

I believe this kid can beat anyone, he is possibly our best " pure technical boxer " perhaps even better than Gamboa, ( speaking in pure technique ). I would really favor him to beat Lara right now, Lara really dissapointed me against Molina.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:10 PM   #1618
Gamboa Express
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
Lara is younger and has improve since his first fight, I don't think his last fight is a measure stick, maybe he was having some personal problems and took Molina lightly and got out hustle not beat, he land it the best punches and when on the offense Molina didn't have an answer, unfortunately he didn't use it often, and unlike Solis he didn't lose his "0" which to me is very overrated, he will learn from that fight and get better if he wants it enough, the talent is there.
I agree but he just looked plain horrible. Very slow, innacurate, desperate and no defense whatsoever. I really think that Ronnie Shields is not good for Lara, maybe for Rigo he is but not for Lara. Cuban defectors need Cuban coaches that will not make them abandon their Cuban style but rather add new weapons to their arsenal. The Cubans are used to " boxing " and not fighting.

Even though I agree that they need to step it up and add more KO's to their resume, ( as that what the fans like ), they should never abandon what they learned in Cuba. Seems to me that Shields is trying for Lara to become " more Americanized " in his style but that's not possible for every Cuban boxer. It has worked for Gamboa and with Rigo but Lara is different as every person is totally different.

Lara should continue " boxing and outboxing " his opponents and if the KO comes then it comes, if not then win by decision. That's the Cuban boxing mentality, this is why we are the #1 and most successful boxing Country in the amateurs.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:12 PM   #1619
Gamboa Express
ESB Senior Member

And one day will be in the pros too!
Old 05-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #1620
Dustaine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 733

Quote:
Hey Dustaine, mi hermano discúlpame por lo del otro dia. Yo no entendí lo de tus spacesuits y me adelanté. Compatriota, thanks for the update on Jhonson. At least he is fighting pretty good opposition but what worries me is that I don't see any big plans for him, as a matter of fact I don't even think he is ranked in the top 20 yet at 154 pounds and he is 10-0.

I believe this kid can beat anyone, he is possibly our best " pure technical boxer " perhaps even better than Gamboa, ( speaking in pure technique ). I would really favor him to beat Lara right now, Lara really dissapointed me against Molina.
Jejej, no hay lío, asere, ya se me había olvidado. Sí me dí cuenta de que no lo habías entendido.
Dustaine is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum