Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-20-2011, 07:16 AM   #1651
Cubanborn87
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
Erislandy Lara against Paul Williams july 9 on HBO
Damn, I hope Lara's one two will do the job
Cubanborn87 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2011, 12:03 PM   #1652
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Lara- Williams An intriguing fight - and one that will give the 2005 world amateur champion at welterweight a real chance of breaking into the world’s elite - making a prediction is somewhat tough. Can Lara outbox Williams, or will he struggle with the taller man’s incredible wingspan? Not short at 5’9,” Lara will nonetheless be out-reached by “The Punisher.”

Prior to the March draw with Molina, Lara was looked at by many as a “sure thing,” a definite champion of the future. Perhaps the Molina fight was merely a bad night for him. If he’s to have a real chance against even a faded Williams, he had better hope so. I have a feeling Williams will struggle with Lara for a few rounds at least, before coming through to win on the cards.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #1653
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

That was from E-a-s-t-s-i-d-e-b-o-x-i-n-g ,not my opinion. Interesting but i would prefer Lara took this fight a year later.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-20-2011, 07:00 PM   #1654
Cubanborn87
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
That was from E-a-s-t-s-i-d-e-b-o-x-i-n-g ,not my opinion. Interesting but i would prefer Lara took this fight a year later.
his wife told me that she was present when he signed the contract, she is always very confident that he will beat anyone's ass she even got mad at me once because i said lara would not beat sergio la maravilla, but she looks kind of nervous now, she knows that it will be a tough fight . they know exactly what they have in front of them, but he has been asking for a big fight for so long that why not go for it . as long as lara prepares himself 100% and fights a fgreat fight i will be happy

by the way lara leaves for houston on monday to have a 7 week training camp, last fight lara trained for less than a week with ronnie shileds since shields was tight up with the rigondeaux training camp
Old 05-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #1655
robg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Luis Ortiz, Yoandris Salinas, & Umberto Savigne fighting this weekend. You heard it here first!
robg is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #1656
Gamboa Express
Jeremiah 33:3
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
his wife told me that she was present when he signed the contract, she is always very confident that he will beat anyone's ass she even got mad at me once because i said lara would not beat sergio la maravilla, but she looks kind of nervous now, she knows that it will be a tough fight . they know exactly what they have in front of them, but he has been asking for a big fight for so long that why not go for it . as long as lara prepares himself 100% and fights a fgreat fight i will be happy

by the way lara leaves for houston on monday to have a 7 week training camp, last fight lara trained for less than a week with ronnie shileds since shields was tight up with the rigondeaux training camp
How do you know these things about Lara? Well, I really hope that this was true cause Lara looked horrible against Molina. If he really trained for just 1 week then that's what happened. I am 100% behind Lara, he HAS to be our main man and World Champ at 154 pounds. Do you know him personally?
Gamboa Express is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 11:36 AM   #1657
Gamboa Express
ESB Senior Member

If Lara is focused and trains properly, he will give Williams a beatdown or a boxing lesson. Lara has what it takes! Vamos!
Old 05-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #1658
Gamboa Express
ESB Senior Member

Cubanborn knows what he is talking about. I just saw that Rigondeaux fought on 3/19 and Lara on 3/25, so it seems that Shields was indeed busy training Rigo and Lara hardly trained for Molina. That explains why he looked so different compared to his old self!
Old 05-21-2011, 12:06 PM   #1659
Cubanborn87
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamboa Express View Post
If Lara is focused and trains properly, he will give Williams a beatdown or a boxing lesson. Lara has what it takes! Vamos!

I know his wife, she even goes to a spanish boxing forum full of cubans all the time and talks to all the fans, i like that about her though. how many boxers wife log into a boxing forum weekly and sends 10's of messages each week talking to fans and giving updates. As soon as Lara signs a contract or has any type of updates she logs on and shares it with the fans.

Shileds spent those final 2 weeks in ireland training rigo since they considered it a more important fight and thought that the lara fight was just another espn showcase fight. Lara stayed behind in the US and trained by himself. I know that he also had some bad luck the week before the fight and broke a whole tooth while eating and had to go to a dentist and trake off sometime of that final training week, anyways according to them everything was going wrong for the last fight. I have no doubt that this time he will be ready to go
Old 05-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #1660
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

taking on Paul Williams is a real tough challenge.
if somebody is underestimating PW because the way he lost to Sergio...wrong, that guy is a monster and for a long time ranked among top 10 and one of most feared boxers.
Hope Lara wins this one, but i'd rather wait a lit longer before taking of someone like PW.
Chavez Jr should take note,that's the competition that u face when u want to be called a champ.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #1661
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

This is a win situation for lara if he trains hard and has a good showing, he is going against one of the best and most avoided fighters of today, if he wins his stock are going to rise to the top and even if he lose in a good scrap it will rise too.
garfios is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #1662
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

So if Shields is working with Lara until july 9 means Rigondeaux not gonna a fight in the near future ? Lara and Rigo shares same trainer
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #1663
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

A boxer only requires 2-3 hours tops of the lead trainer's attention per day, pad work, heavy bag and sparring, the rest can be supervised by others. Roach trains several fighters at the same time (at different hours), so it's not an impossibility for Ronnie to train both Lara and Rigo and some others too.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #1664
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Luis Ortiz ranked number 19 heavy in WBC
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #1665
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Quote:
Luis Ortiz ranked number 19 heavy in WBC
Did he won, how about Salinas and Savigne?
garfios is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum