Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-12-2012, 04:27 PM   #2851
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

He has to go down, he is not JMW and needs to use the right hand and hit the body, it was there all night and could have make the fight easy, go back to the drawing board and shave a few pounds...
garfios is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #2852
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Jose Larduet, 91kg, 22 years old #1 back in Cuba I heard...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
garfios is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #2853
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Barthelemy still unbeaten

In a super featherweight eight-rounder, Rances Barthelemy (16-0, 11 KOs) remained unbeaten with a clear-cut unanimous decision over gutsy Las Vegan Robert Osiobe (11-5-4, 6 KOs).

Osiobe had marginal success in the first half of the fight, taking the fight to Barthelemy, who went from rightie to leftie, counter-punching and landing the more precise shots. Shots to Osiobe's body started to take their toll as the fight wore on, slowly curbing Osiobe's aggression.

In the third, Osiobe lost a point when Ref Byrd took a point off for a half-hearted attempt to throw Barthelemy. The fourth saw Osiobe swarm Barthelemy during his best round.

Scores were 79-72 and 78-73 twice, for Barthelemy.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #2854
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

In the first, Cuban light-heavy Yunieski Gonzalez (8-0, 5 KOs) took out Phoenix' Carlos Reyes (5-4-1, 3 KOs) at 1:39 of the first. Reyes presented little difficulty for Gonzalez, who clubbed him down in the first minute, then battered away until Ref Tony Weeks stopped the slaughter
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #2855
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Cuban domination in Usti nad Labem

Erislandy Savon on his way to Super Heavyweight gold

The popular Czech tournament, Usti nad Labem, held annually, saw 68 male and 35 female athletes from 19 nations competed in the 43rd edition of this traditional Grand Prix. It was a festival for boxing purists as Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Cuba, Czech Republic, England, Greece, Hungary, India, Italy, Moldova, Mongolia, Netherlands, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey all battled it out in one of Europe's best tournaments. The venue was packed for finals day as the spectators were treated to some sensational bouts between world class fighters.

Italy's London Olympian Vittorio Parrinello caused a major upset in the quarter-finals when he eliminated Cuba's AIBA World Champion Lazaro Alvarez and the 29-year-old Italian Bantamweight continued his incredible form with a magnificent victory over Youth Olympic Games silver medallist Shiva Thapa of India. Parrinello outmanoeuvred his opponent to win 10:7 in the final.

Cuba's AIBA World Championships silver medallist and Panamerican Games winner Yasnier Toledo triumphed over his top rival, England's former European Youth Champion Martin Ward 11:9 in the quarter-finals before receiving a walk-over for the gold with Slovakia's Tomas Vano unable to take to the ring. Toledo had overwhelmed Javkhlan Bariaddii from Mongolia 17:10 in the semis and overall will have been delighted to finish top of the podium at the Grand Prix, which was his first active preparation event for the London 2012 Olympic Games.

Cuba's former AIBA World Champion and Beijing Olympic Games bronze medallist Roniel Iglesias suffered unexpected losses at both the AIBA World Championships and at the Strandja Memorial Tournament. He returned to form in Usti nad Labem as he defeated Czech Republic's multiple Grand Prix winner Zdenek Chladek 18:9 in the Light Welterweight final.

National Champion Arisnoide Despaigne, a newcomer to the Cuban national squad, enjoyed a great victory over India's AIBA World Championships bronze medallist Vikas Krishan Yadav in the semi-finals before outclassing Moldova's London Olympian Vasilie Belous 10:7 to take the gold medal. This was a first international tournament win for Despaigne, the future surely looks bright for this Welterweight.

Former AIBA Cadet World Champion Anthony Ogogo finally found his way back to form as the English Middleweight boxer eliminated both Serbia's London Olympian Aleksandar Drenovak and Austria's Arbi Tschakajew to claim the gold medal.

Cuban team captain, AIBA World Champion Julio Cesar de la Cruz secured a fourth gold medal for the Caribbean nation after beating Lithuania's Daugirdas Semiotas 20:9 in the Light Heavyweight final. Semiotas will have been pleased with his second place finish after the tough training program he went through during Road to London earlier this month.

London Olympian Jose Angel Larduet increased Cuba's haul of gold medals to five after getting the walk-over in the Heavyweight final against Hungary's Jozsef Darmos.

AIBA Youth World Champion, 22-year-old Erislandy Savon, also already qualified for the London 2012 Olympic Games, had been in sensational form throughout this tournament and once again demonstrated that this is going to be a big year for this nephew of boxing legend Felix Savon. Russia's Denis Latypov, his opponent in the Super Heavyweight final, just had no response to the barrage of shots from the Cuban sensation as Savon showcased all his skills to triumph 21:5. This victory ensured the Cuban squad left the Czech Republic with six gold medals in total.

In the women's draw, where all three Olympic weight categories were disputed, the crowd in Usti nad Labem first witnessed England's European Champion and two-time AIBA Women's World Championships silver medallist Nicola Adams secure a Flyweight gold medal by defeating her top rival, Russia's AIBA World Champion Yelena Savelyeva, in a closely fought contest that ended 9:8.

Russia's two-time AIBA World Champion Sofya Ochigava then cruised to victory as she defeated Switzerland's best female boxer, Sandra Bruegger 17:3 in Lightweight category.

Russia's current AIBA World Champion and European Championships gold medallist Nadezhda Torlopova eliminated two-time AIBA World Champion Maria Kovacs of Hungary in the preliminary round before taking top spot as she punished Bulgaria's EU Champion veteran Desislava Lazarova 19:5 in the final
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #2856
realdeal561
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 459

Russell murders Franco. Franco got a gift in the Miranda fight.
realdeal561 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 03:32 AM   #2857
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
He actually changed his trainer, he used to be trained by "el tigre" Castano who is an exceptional kick boxing star but lack the fundamentals of boxing,I recently saw him with Ugas and I was less than pleased by his performance.
Last night Jhonson had ismael salas on his corner who has trained also Gamboa and rigo.Salas is very experienced and solid trainer but he couldn't put together a plan against giant Nelson. Obviously they were not ready for that guy.
Jhonson had a freak injure when he hurt his hand with an old punching bag.Despite the accident he showed last night the best punch of his pro career.
I've always said he looks soft for 154, he should go down to welter but like garfios said,too much arroz con frijoles.
I think jhonson got last night the wrong opponent ,he can still beat any decent jr MW ,hope he doesn't discourage himself and work on his improvement .
Didn't know he was with Salas , he should stick with him then , Salas is a very good trainer , as you said he should go down in weight and start anew , he's got the talent to shine if he really wants to , it's all about discipline . Peace .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Old 05-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #2858
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

And balls...
garfios is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #2859
Stevenson#1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2415

Yeah balls too , I forgot about that . Peace .
Stevenson#1 is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #2860
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

WBO #11, IBF #12 heavyweight Konstantin Airich (23-5-2, 17 KOs) is headed to the United States for the biggest fight of his pro career. On Saturday at the Covention Center in Pharr, Texas, Airich meets Cuban Olympic gold medalist Odlanier Solis (17-1, 12 KOs) in Solis first bout since his world title shot against Vitali Klitschko 14 months ago. Coming off two impressive KO wins, Airich sees no reason he won’t keep his streak going. “Why not?” asks Airich. “I’m well prepared for this fight. Solis also has only two fists. Naturally I know that he is a very good boxer. But I also know what can I do myself. I wouldn’t fly to America to fight against him if I thought I had no chance
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #2861
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Humberto Savigne 173 vs Richard Hall 173.5
Savigne only cuban on the card tonight ? What happend to unbeaten heavy Glendy Hernandez ?
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 08:53 AM   #2862
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Odlanier Solis 267.50 vs. Konstantin Airich 225.75
(IBF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title)
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #2863
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

super bantamweight Yoandris Salinas SC Imer Velasquez tonight in PERU !!!!
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 01:33 PM   #2864
Cuban Bon Bon
Proverbs 9:10
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
Odlanier Solis 267.50 vs. Konstantin Airich 225.75
(IBF Intercontinental Heavyweight Title)
Wow, there is absolutely no excuse for Solis to be that heavy! 267 pounds is way too much! I have always been his fan but this is a let down even for me! Solis is so damm talented that even at 40 pounds overweight he can still bring it. This is exactly the same weight that he came in when he dismantled Barrett so he is still very dangerous. But this weight just proves that yes he is lazy and it's even hard for me to admit. There's absolutely no excuse for being so damm heavy after being off for 14 months. No wonder his knee gave up against Vitaly, just leaves me thinking what could happen to his left knee. Either way look for Solis to easily beat Airich either by TKO or UD. Solis' skills and unique amateur pedigree is simply unmatched and this is why he can still be a force even obese. Man, let's just imagine what a 220 pounds Solis is capable of ... !!! Solis mi socio, tienes que bajar de peso! Hasta cuando!
Cuban Bon Bon is offline  Top
Old 05-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #2865
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Lightheavy Savigne knocked out Richard Hall in round 6 and now 9-1
arve lie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum