Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-27-2009, 04:30 PM   #331
rican911
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoFlash View Post
lets see it then! the reason I'm not too concerned about Yuri-Juanma is because I'd like both guys to be #1 in their divisions before fighting eachother. If Juanma beats Cab (which I would predict) and Gamboa beats John....not even John, maybe a guy like Rojas, then I'd definitely like to see this fight made.
Juanma is gonna get another belt from a fake champion [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], and Gamboas gonna dominate the guy who almost KO'd Lopez, anyway, Cubans will get revenge when [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] outboxs Juanma in circles, but Luis Del Valle can revenge that defeat it makes perfect sense to do it right now, they wont risk it with a Mexican because their cheating bastards but Cuba vs Puerto Rico is a even fight
rican911 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #332
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1218
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoFlash View Post
the Rogers Mtagwa fight is sooo pointless IMO, Arum keeps pandering to this stupid Cuba vs Puerto Rico theme trying to match Yuri and Juanma....honestly, I don't even really care to see that fight. I'd much rather see Gamboa get a shot at the Master Chris John
I'm good with either match, but I prefer Gamboa/JuanMa.
Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #333
rican911
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
rican911 is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 05:21 PM   #334
DeanoFlash
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 299

delete
DeanoFlash is offline  Top
Old 11-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #335
DeanoFlash
Belt holder
ESB Addict

After this MSG card is done should we go ahead and make Juanma-Gamboa happen? I think its an exciting matchup, but the head honcho's of the respective divisions, John and Cab, are waiting
Old 12-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #336
Santiago
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Humberto Savigne

I did some research, there is not to much information to be found about this guy Savigne.
He fought allways in the 81 kg category.
It seems that the Cuban won the National Championship in 1998 and in 2000. He won the world cup already in 1998. In 1999 he lost in the quarter finals to Yohanson Martinez. However, in that year he represented Cuba and won gold in the Panamerican Games in Winnipeg, thereafter he went that same year to the amateur World championship in the US. There he was defeated by Michael Simms, who became the world champion. Also in 2001 he was second to Yohanson(3-1), who became the boss of that category in Cuba until 2004.
What is interesting is that I didn't find any entries of Humberto after 2001. Not in the Cordova Cardin or in the Playa Giron championships. It is interesting to know what happened to him thereafter. He retired officially already in 2004.
Before his fight last friday he was introduced as a previous amateur world champion, which seens not to be true, although he won the world cup.
He is since 2009 under contract with "Cyclon promotions". He is now 2-0. His first fight was as a heavyweight. In his second fight he just demolished the Columbian veteran Epifanio Mendoza, but now as a cruiserweight.
He probably need still to go down in weight to light heavyweight.
Santiago is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #337
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I just checked Boxrec and it says Luis Franco's match is canceled.
Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Old 12-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #338
DeanoFlash
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cuba View Post
I just checked Boxrec and it says Luis Franco's match is canceled.
the Lopez bout too right?
Old 12-20-2009, 02:51 PM   #339
Santiago
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Hey folks (que hay la gente!!), any of you know anything about the Cuban boxer Brunet Zamora?

I discovered him by chance when checking today the fight results in fightnews:

He is fighting out of Italy and is actually an Italian citizen, is undefeated (19-0) and he is the WBA International champion in lightweight.

As many other Cubans he turned pro just 4 years ago at the age of 31!!

I found a lot of boxing videos about him in youtube.
Santiago is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2009, 03:23 PM   #340
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Hey folks (que hay la gente!!), any of you know anything about the Cuban boxer Brunet Zamora?

I discovered him by chance when checking today the fight results in fightnews:

He is fighting out of Italy and is actually an Italian citizen, is undefeated (19-0) and he is the WBA International champion in lightweight.

As many other Cubans he turned pro just 4 years ago at the age of 31!!

I found a lot of boxing videos about him in youtube.
First time I've ever heard of him.

But his Boxrec says that he won the IBF International title in 06, which makes him, not Yoan Pablo Hernandez, the first Cuban to hold a title for the IBF.

Also it says he's a Light Welterweight not Lightweight.
Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2009, 04:33 PM   #341
Santiago
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cuba View Post
First time I've ever heard of him.

But his Boxrec says that he won the IBF International title in 06, which makes him, not Yoan Pablo Hernandez, the first Cuban to hold a title for the IBF.

Also it says he's a Light Welterweight not Lightweight.
Buena observación Kid:

There is a video in youtube, where Brunet knocked out his Italian opponent, but helped the poor guy to stand up before the count ...

I also saw that Brunet (who probably was Bruno in Cuba) is currently 10th in the WBA ranks. Is a title fight still a posibility for him? Let us follow the Italian brother!
Santiago is offline  Top
Old 12-21-2009, 02:12 PM   #342
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
Buena observación Kid:

There is a video in youtube, where Brunet knocked out his Italian opponent, but helped the poor guy to stand up before the count ...

I also saw that Brunet (who probably was Bruno in Cuba) is currently 10th in the WBA ranks. Is a title fight still a posibility for him? Let us follow the Italian brother!
Boxrec says his birth name is Brunet Zamora Fernandez.
Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Old 12-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #343
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict

According to B-Scene, Guillermo Rigondeaux is hoping to fight Celestino Caballero and might get the chance in mid 2010.
Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #344
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Hope you had a good Christmas and a good new year

Alexei Acosta's Work Visa has been approved he should be fighting in Febuaury

Possibly on Adameks undercard in New Jersey

However that may change if a promotional deal is signed
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #345
Santiago
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Hope you had a good Christmas and a good new year

Alexei Acosta's Work Visa has been approved he should be fighting in Febuaury

Possibly on Adameks undercard in New Jersey

However that may change if a promotional deal is signed
Great news Paddy, however I hope that he will not challenged too tough as for me he was not very convincing in his last outing.
On the other hand do you know anything of what is going on with Mike Perez and Luis Garcia?
That could really be the hammer when they too could be showcased in America soon ....
Santiago is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum