Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-19-2010, 07:15 PM   #631
puertorricane
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bujia View Post
Time will tell with Rigondeaux, Gamboa, and Lara. They're the ones that have the most potential. The others I'm iffy to unexpectant on. That said, the Cubans definitely have the best class of prospects at the moment.
all three are good fighters and have talent but they are 29-28-27 respectively.. they're not prospects

puertorricane is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2010, 07:19 PM   #632
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacker View Post
I thought Poonsawat was ordered to fight Cordoba already.

I'd avoid Poonsawat right now if I was Rigondeaux. Don't think it's a good match up for him.

Rigo doesnt have a choice, his carrer had a lot of set backs and he is getting older, he cant afford fighting bums for another year.He must get in the ring with world class level and prove himself he belongs there_wich i dont have a doubt.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2010, 04:29 AM   #633
Zacker
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
Rigo doesnt have a choice, his carrer had a lot of set backs and he is getting older, he cant afford fighting bums for another year.He must get in the ring with world class level and prove himself he belongs there_wich i dont have a doubt.

Cordoba is borderline world class already, besides Rigondeaux always maintained they would try for a 118 title first. If he fights and beats Cordoba as a top rank fighter I would think he'll have options.
Zacker is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2010, 04:52 AM   #634
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

looks like this fight wont be in october but in november HBO ppv manny-margo undercard

thats if it gets made...

However the fact they want cordoba is a good sign if they dont get him expect a simular level of opponent
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #635
Cubanborn87
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
looks like this fight wont be in october but in november HBO ppv manny-margo undercard

thats if it gets made...

However the fact they want cordoba is a good sign if they dont get him expect a simular level of opponent
Cubanborn87 is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2010, 01:28 PM   #636
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post

thats if it gets made...

Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Old 08-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #637
Doc
Champion
East Side Guru

RINGADEUX stood out the most to me.
Doc is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #638
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Cruiser Dorticos won on k.o over Hilario Guzman in the 3.round on wednesday and he is now 7-0 all 7 on k.o.
Tonight Rigondeaux fight
august 24. four cubans in action. Heavies Ortiz and Consuegra , cruiser Rodriguez and light middle Fiss in Seminole in Florida.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2010, 05:10 PM   #639
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

The young cubans coming in are gonna be something to deal with in the next few years...I like Lara and Gamboa is gonna be a champ for a long time IMO..i think he can make it far as long as he dont drop his hand speed or foot speed...quick and powerful with a batter u up type style....

Nothing needa be said about Rigondeaux...We know how good he is too
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #640
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Rigo won yesterday and according to boxrec he will be on Pacs undercard nov13.
Everybody agree on Lara ,Rigondeaux Gamboa, Solis and Ugas will be big stars , but what about Despaigne , Franco;Salinas,Dorticos,Santana, Rodriguez and heavies Consuegra and Ortiz ? Some of them good enough for a titlefight in a year ?
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #641
Gamboa Express
Jeremiah 33:3
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
Rigo won yesterday and according to boxrec he will be on Pacs undercard nov13.
Everybody agree on Lara ,Rigondeaux Gamboa, Solis and Ugas will be big stars , but what about Despaigne , Franco;Salinas,Dorticos,Santana, Rodriguez and heavies Consuegra and Ortiz ? Some of them good enough for a titlefight in a year ?
Despaigne: Has all the tools to go very far, but it seems that he lacks agression, something very much needed in the pros. He is simply satisfied by winning by decision and that's not good. His career is a big question mark for me, and I would really like for him to succeed...

Franco: Really good amateur and as a pro is also very good. He is way overshadowed by Gamboa and Rigondeaux but can definitely become World Champion. He has impressed me quite a bit, has speed, accuracy, technique, chin and KO power to make it far. Only time will tell how far he will go...

Salinas: I have'nt seen much of him, but heard that he was a very good amateur like all Cubans, he is very young and can definitely go far too...

Dorticos: He is a very good cruiserweight, he is 7-0 with 7kos at the moment and has looked very good. He is like 6'4 and southpaw and thus has all the amateur experience and technique to be World Champ...

Santana: The only white Cuban, is very good but is overshadowed by all Cubans, has very good technique and also amateur experience but has been fighting D opposition since he started. His career is also a big question mark for me...

Heavies Consuegra and Ortiz: They are both a little bit old ( around 31 years old ), they have a lot of talent and amateur experience but by the time that they get a Title shot they will certainly be around 33 or 34 years old, not saying that they can't win it but it's definitely harder for them. The best Cuban HV's are Solis and Mike Perez, but who knows, out of them two Ortiz is the better fighter, I wish nothing but the best for them !!!

Other solid Cubans are Yudel Johnson, Sullivan Barrera and Rances Barthelemy...
Gamboa Express is offline  Top
Old 08-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #642
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yuniesky Gonzalez was ranked nr 2 in heavy on Cuba but after six months in Miami still waiting for his first fight. I saw an advertisement on internet where he seeked a opponent to fight on 185 pound. He must be too good to be rejected ? He lost the cuban heavy final two years ago to Osmay Acosta by 16-14. Should be an exciting fighter.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2010, 02:06 PM   #643
Max Banjo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3325

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Max Banjo is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #644
robg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Luis Ortiz looked really good last night. Beating Kendrick Releford in only his 3rd Pro Fight is extremely impressive. Kendrick Releford is the toughest journeymen out there, hell, prior to last night he was 2-0 vs. Cubans. . . But Luis Ortiz is legit, he's official. Excellent upper body movement, especially for a heavyweight. He makes it look easy. Kendrick Releford did land a few heavy shots here and there but Luis Ortiz was unaffected. Iron chin. Real good with the jab and body shots too. I'm convinced that this guy is for real.
robg is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #645
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Luis Ortiz looked really good last night. Beating Kendrick Releford in only his 3rd Pro Fight is extremely impressive. Kendrick Releford is the toughest journeymen out there, hell, prior to last night he was 2-0 vs. Cubans. . . But Luis Ortiz is legit, he's official. Excellent upper body movement, especially for a heavyweight. He makes it look easy. Kendrick Releford did land a few heavy shots here and there but Luis Ortiz was unaffected. Iron chin. Real good with the jab and body shots too. I'm convinced that this guy is for real.
Sound really good. It'd be nice to see a video of the fight.
BigBone is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum