Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-21-2010, 08:48 AM   #691
lefthook89
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Luis Garcia is facing Uruguayan Jorge Rodriguez Olivera (20-1, 9KOs) on October 2 in an 8 rounder, listed at 168lbs on boxrec.com.

If he can, I definitely think Garcia should return to SMW, that's where the big fights are including DeGale whom Luis called out, saying "I could get some Christmas shopping done in London and show Chumpy DeGale what professional boxing is all about so it sounds like a fun weekend to me."

But ****** won't let Garcia anywhere near DeGale anytime soon, and for the time being, Olivera looks to be the right step forward in Luis' career. The Uruguayan is the WBO Latino SMW champ and his biggest win is a decision over the Casanova Garcia beat in 1 round. Not much elso on the resume other than a clear decision loss to Francisco Mora. Can Garcia be the 1st man to stop Olivera?
WOAH! huge step up in comp from garcia! thats why i like these cuban boxers, they're willing to fight such high risk opposition so early in their careers. but a fight with degale is a little too early imo, degale has fought the much better opposition making him more experienced.
lefthook89 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2010, 07:00 AM   #692
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1218
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Talking to Acosta on Facebook right now, I told him it would be a good idea to fight for a European title, but he says he can't because they (Acosta, Perez and Garcia) don't have Irish passports yet.

So then how are they fighting now?
Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #693
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Perez,Garcia and Acosta should be with the other cubans in Miami or somewere else i US so they can get good sparring. There is no way they get the same level of sparring or fights in Irland. Some rich manager and promotors can hire quality and get their fighters the right people but not many. Frank ******,Sauerland and a very fem others.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #694
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
Perez,Garcia and Acosta should be with the other cubans in Miami or somewere else i US so they can get good sparring. There is no way they get the same level of sparring or fights in Irland. Some rich manager and promotors can hire quality and get their fighters the right people but not many. Frank ******,Sauerland and a very fem others.
Too risky basing them in Miami,distractions here are all over the place.
Night clubs,women,retaurants...believe me,unless they are closely watched dont bring them to miami.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #695
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cuba View Post
Talking to Acosta on Facebook right now, I told him it would be a good idea to fight for a European title, but he says he can't because they (Acosta, Perez and Garcia) don't have Irish passports yet.

, Hmmm, Ask him and get back at us on that. That's strange.
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #696
Rebel 09
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
once they get a licence from the irish boxing association they can usually fight anywhere in europe.
Rebel 09 is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #697
Atritionist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel 09 View Post
once they get a licence from the irish boxing association they can usually fight anywhere in europe.
But they can box within Irland without that licence?
Atritionist is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 01:20 PM   #698
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
This shows how little you really know.

Plenty of top quality sparring partners have been flown in from America and other destinations aswell as the plenty of Irish sparring partners available to them.

I mean Garcia has sparred the likes of Carl Froch, Tony Bellew and Enrique Ornealas. Perez has sparred Kevin Johnson etc...
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #699
Goodhill
Iron Horse - born to lose
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Donīt forget Brunet Zamora (heīs Cuban despite the Italian citizenship) in light welterweight 20(9)-0(0)-0
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ8Lv9Qhom0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ8Lv9Qhom0[/ame]
Goodhill is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #700
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cuba View Post

He is talking about being an irish citizen

They have Irish boxing licenses
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #701
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atritionist View Post
Just did, he says that they can fight there but not fight for Euro titles.

But he said they could fight for like the NABO/A/F title, or a State title.

Last edited by Kid Cuba; 09-22-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #702
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
He is talking about being an irish citizen

They have Irish boxing licenses
OK, now it makes sense.
Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Old 09-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #703
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Messi: Thats good . Not very fighter i Europa get so good sparring. Big stars like Mikkel Kessler had very good experience in US sparring people with superb tecnical skill and good foot movement.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 09-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #704
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Cubans in action this weekend september 24-25
Friday : in Louisiana Dorticos -Tony Kern (11-19) ...Ugas- Antony Adams (7-22) and Jhonson- Edson Aguirre (13-11)
saturday: in Washington Consuegra- Joe Broken Rope (2-0) and Fiz -Jesus Vallejo (3-2)
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2010, 03:47 PM   #705
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Solis released by Top Rank and signed a promotional agreement with Don King.
arve lie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum