Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-02-2010, 08:47 PM   #736
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Both Acosta (tko4 )and Garcia (tko6) won tonight
arve lie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 09:23 PM   #737
Bad_Intentions
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 153
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

were the fights aired on tv?
Bad_Intentions is offline  Top
Old 10-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #738
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yoelvis Gamboa and Sullivan Barrera next fights october 22
Before that Ugas,Abril,Rodriguez,Ortiz,Fiz,Hernandez fights october 19
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #739
537Bwouaye
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cubano View Post
and they really appreciate how good they have been treated in Ireland.God bless the Irish!!!

How not... the effin Irish are lying to the world and giving them free KOs.....

The real Alexei Acosta stats are 13(2KO)-0 but it now appears as 13(13KO-0) because their corrupt promoters/managers always force the ref to stop the fights for no reason... In America, fighting the same opponents, Acosta would be something like 13(4KO)-0 and I think I'm being generous.

I still wish them the best but the Irish are not making them any favor...
537Bwouaye is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #740
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 537Bwouaye View Post

The real Alexei Acosta stats are 13(2KO)-0 but it now appears as 13(13KO-0) because their corrupt promoters/managers always force the ref to stop the fights for no reason... In America, fighting the same opponents, Acosta would be something like 13(4KO)-0 and I think I'm being generous.

I dont think the managers are corrupt.the refs in Ireland and Britain are just kind of cautious in general especially if the opponent is taking a prolonged beating and is outmatced.Its mostly lower level opponents who are stopped early,ive never seen important fights stopped early in Ireland

Last edited by sportofkings; 10-03-2010 at 01:57 PM.
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 01:47 PM   #741
sportofkings
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions View Post
were the fights aired on tv?
There there was a quick highlight of acostas fight but not of Garcias.Highlights of both the cubans fights should be put up on youtube within the next couple of days though
sportofkings is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 01:52 PM   #742
lefthook89
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

luis garcia took a massive step up, didnt see the fight or have much knowledge on an opponent but to beat someone who is 20-1 early in your career is definitely a step in the right direction for a young prospect in garcia. lets hope his manager can give him more respectable opposition from here on out.
lefthook89 is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 01:54 PM   #743
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by 537Bwouaye View Post

-------------------------------------------
Yeh your right they arent happy and theyre not making any kind of decent living.
Nobody in Ireland has got behind them and the Irish boo them when they are in the ring. In fact they are being treated so bad they share the Irish flag with the Cuban flag on their shorts
paddymickey is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #744
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddymickey View Post
-------------------------------------------
Yeh your right they arent happy and theyre not making any kind of decent living.
Nobody in Ireland has got behind them and the Irish boo them when they are in the ring. In fact they are being treated so bad they share the Irish flag with the Cuban flag on their shorts
well,i was under the impression that they were welcome in ireland and the irish were appreciative of having talented fighters in their land.I would like to hear what the irish fans have to say.Sharing the flag isnt a problem at all,they are fighting in irish land.They sometimes do the same here in america.
Hope one day cubans dont have to go somewhere else to become a pro.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #745
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Saw the highlights of Acosta, he did pretty well up to the BS stoppage. They didn't show Garcia for some odd reason, but hopefully we'll catch the fight on YT shortly. Now what I'm interested in is what weight the fight was held at. Boxrec lists it at SMW, but I have no info on the actual weights.

BTW, does anyone know when will Lara return? He really impressed during the Summer and it'd be nice to see him getting a top level test, IMO he's ready.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 05:58 PM   #746
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Seems like Lara is little bit in the shadow of Kirkland and Martirosyan in the media these days in the 154 pound division, when we talk about fighters on the way up.
arve lie is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 07:53 PM   #747
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Quote:
well,i was under the impression that they were welcome in ireland and the irish were appreciative of having talented fighters in their land.I would like to hear what the irish fans have to say.Sharing the flag isnt a problem at all,they are fighting in irish land.They sometimes do the same here in america.
Hope one day cubans dont have to go somewhere else to become a pro.

he was being sarcastic with that post

In fact they are being treated so bad they share the Irish flag with the Cuban flag on their shorts
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #748
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

ok,well i dont really know whats going on now..are they popular in Ireland or what?
did you know that the third president of Ireland Eumon de Valera was of cuban descendence?(his dad was cuban)...so i believe that should help with the bonding..
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 08:20 PM   #749
Wiirdo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 564

Quote:
ok,well i dont really know whats going on now..are they popular in Ireland or what?
did you know that the third president of Ireland Eumon de Valera was of cuban descendence?(his dad was cuban)...so i believe that should help with the bonding..
They're being treated well and they like it over here as far as I know. Don't know if they have a big fanbase but I'm a big fan of them. Acosta, if he can fix the slapping, will rape that division.
Wiirdo is offline  Top
Old 10-03-2010, 08:45 PM   #750
garfios
Dark Lord
ESB Addict

vCash: 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiirdo View Post
They're being treated well and they like it over here as far as I know. Don't know if they have a big fanbase but I'm a big fan of them. Acosta, if he can fix the slapping, will rape that division.
You r right, I think he still slap too much and he doesn't need that in the pros, he carried a good punch and should b sitting on his punches alot more, I guess he will learn anyhow.
garfios is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum