Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #931
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

three cubans in action before the end of the year.
The 17. of desember
Olandier Solis -Ray Austin in WBC heavy eliminator in Florida.
Angelo Santana fight Don David Charles (6-1) in lightwelelter on the undercard.
The same night heavy Glendy Hernandez fight in Indiana.
arve lie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2010, 11:35 AM   #932
Santiago
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 284
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
Luis Ortiz is taking on Francisco Alvarez 12(10)-1(1)-0... Man Luis Ortiz don't take no easy fights. This guy is the man! Can't wait to see him in action tomorrow night. . . Speaking of tough Cubans, Christopher De La Paz got a tough fight on Friday vs. Marcus Willis 6(2)-1(0) It will be televised on Telemundo I believe. De La Paz is a great fighter! Can't wait to see him in action as well!... Very exciting week for fans of the lesser popular Cubans!
It was such a tough fight for de la Paz that at the end he was defeated, looks like it was a tough fight, one judge saw it a draw ...

Last edited by Santiago; 12-12-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Santiago is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:21 PM   #933
robg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 249
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
It was such a tough fight for de la Paz that at the end he was defeated, looks like it was a tough fight, one judge saw it a draw ...
Yeah I was there. It was a hell of a fight. He took it on short notice. Chris had a year off and in the meantime was busy with school and work. I feel for the guy. Gotta congratulate Marcus Willis though, very solid Win for him.
robg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #934
robg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 249
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

I am very excited about the return of Giorbis Barthelemy. Cousin of Yan and Rances. He just recently got out of Prison. I wish him the best in his comeback. There's a video posted in this thread a few pages back of all the Cuban's training in El Tigre's Gym, you can see Giorbis in the video for like 3 Seconds.
robg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #935
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

robg:Chris had a year off and in the meantime was busy with school and work.
Iam little worried about some of the talents like Salinas and Santana going too long between fights. Not sure they get the serious training like the stars such as Rigo,Lara,Solis,Gamboa.
arve lie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:45 PM   #936
robg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 249
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
robg:Chris had a year off and in the meantime was busy with school and work.
Iam little worried about some of the talents like Salinas and Santana going too long between fights. Not sure they get the serious training like the stars such as Rigo,Lara,Solis,Gamboa.
I can confirm that Angelo Santana trains VERY hard. He's at Jorge Rubio's gym 6 Days a week training his ass off. He's taking on an opponent with a nice little record. 6-1. The opponent's a Southpaw, 2x a week Angelo & Jorge drive like an hour to spar 2 top Amateur Southpaws. He spars at Jorge's gym all the time too. The lay off is entirely due to Don King not getting him any fights. Angelo's Managers support him well, training's all he does!
robg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 AM   #937
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

This cousin of Barthelemy . Any background ? More info please !
arve lie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #938
robg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 249
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
This cousin of Barthelemy . Any background ? More info please !
Pro Record: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Locked up for over 3 years: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Very old article about 3 of Team Freedom's original 6 Members: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] 11 Seconds into the video that's him beating up the dummy: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n68RtqOCRp0[/ame]
robg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #939
Gamboa Express
Jeremiah 33:3
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,242
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
I am very excited about the return of Giorbis Barthelemy. Cousin of Yan and Rances. He just recently got out of Prison. I wish him the best in his comeback. There's a video posted in this thread a few pages back of all the Cuban's training in El Tigre's Gym, you can see Giorbis in the video for like 3 Seconds.
Wow, I had completely forgotten about Giorbis Barthelemy! I see he was in jail, but at age 39 is extremely hard to go far in boxing. I wish him the best but he is almost 40 and starting out again after such very long periods of inactivity is well you know, extremely hard!
Gamboa Express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #940
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Seems like robg and Gamboa Express watch the cubans close.
Do these two gentlemen see big futures for other than Gamboa,Rigondeaux,Lara Solis,Ugas ? Franco ,Barrera and Despaigne are ranket in top 15 .
but what about Rances Barthelemy,Luis Ortiz,Jhonson,Fiz,Dorticos,Pedro Rodriguez,Salinas. Yoelvis Gamboa, Conseugra. (Santana fight friday)
arve lie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #941
robg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 249
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
Seems like robg and Gamboa Express watch the cubans close.
Do these two gentlemen see big futures for other than Gamboa,Rigondeaux,Lara Solis,Ugas ? Franco ,Barrera and Despaigne are ranket in top 15 .
but what about Rances Barthelemy,Luis Ortiz,Jhonson,Fiz,Dorticos,Pedro Rodriguez,Salinas. Yoelvis Gamboa, Conseugra. (Santana fight friday)
- Luis Ortiz --- I DEFINITELY see a big future in him. This guy is super gifted. He hasn't been in soft at all, and let me tell you, Luis Ortiz just straight up toys with his opponents. He's so much more skilled than them it looks like he's just playing around with them. - Angelo Santana --- Yall already know. My favorite one of them all! #1. I'm convinced he'll be a world champion one day. Not sure he'll be undefeated when he gets the belt. He might get a Loss or 2 on his record, but he's gonna make it happen. - Sullivan Barrera --- What really interests me about this guy is, Gamboa IS his Promoter. Not only that, he's trained by Gamboa's father. Along with his stablemate who is Gamboa's brother Yoelvis. - Pedro Rodriguez --- Of all the Cubans, what stands out about him is, the punch output! This guy probably throws about 100 Punches per Round, very exciting! His 6 Rounder was about the most exciting fight I ever did see! - Yoelvis Gamboa --- I heard bad things early on about him. Streetfights, partying, etc.. It would appear though that that's changed now. I KNOW he's training his ass off now. Looked great to me in his last fight. I can't wait to see his next fight! - Rances Barthelemy --- Gotta be honest, I know very little about him. Rances and Franco are trained by Orlando Cuellar, they keep pretty quiet over there. - Yudel Jhonson & Yunier Dorticos --- Don't know much about them except for they're trained by El Tigre. El Tigre's really racking up the Cubans. He has Jhonson, Despaigne, Dorticos, Pairol, Vilier, Yunieski, & just very recently also got Glendy. El Tigre's also got the old school ones like Diosbelys & Giorbis! - Yoandris Salinas --- Started off his Career with Ismael Salas. Salinas had to switch though because Salas is just way too busy. Salas is among the Elite but his attention is mainly focused on his big 3: Gamboa, Aydin, Ioka. . . I'm not to sure what Salinas' lay off was all about but he came back in his last fight with Osmiri Fernandez. - Inocente Fiz --- Has an awesome goatee LOL. Really though, I like this guy's style. He was hitting Jose Angel Roman with some crazy good shots. I can't believe that guy didn't go down! I never met or talked to him but he has an intimidating look about him. Maybe it's just me! I'd be scared as hell to get in the ring with him! - Yasnay Consuegra --- Don't know much about this guy. I know one thing though, he sure did show up early to his last fight. The show started at like 7:30PM. I got there at 2PM, he was the only fighter in the Arena at the time and he was sitting around bored like he'd already been there for a while lol. . . Consuegra's got that Win over Harvey Jolley who pulled off a real shocker knocking out a Cuban. Mr. Consuegra's off to a great start!
robg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #942
arve lie
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Weights from Miami

Ray Austin 239 vs. Odlanier Solis 260
Tavoris Cloud 175 vs. Fulgencio Zuniga 174
Ricardo Mayorga vs. Michael Walker 160
Angelo Santana 137 vs. John David Charles 137
Pedro Rodriguez 195 * vs. TJ Cook 198 ** (He is not the cuban Pedro Rodriguez)

In Indiana friday
Glendy Hernandez fight Thomas Boose
Giorbis Barthelemy - Levin Lopez
arve lie is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:47 AM   #943
robg
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 249
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arve lie View Post
Weights from Miami

Pedro Rodriguez 195 * vs. TJ Cook 198 ** (He is not the cuban Pedro Rodriguez)
I think it is actually. Looks like a mistake to me.
robg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #944
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Are we ever gonna get footage of Ortiz' last 3 fights? Unless Heavyweight Factory have an exculive TV contract that prevents it they should start their YouTube channel and put the fights on, free of charge promotion, even a dummy can see that much.
BigBone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #945
Santiago
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 284
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO*

Quote:
Originally Posted by robg View Post
- Luis Ortiz --- I DEFINITELY see a big future in him. This guy is super gifted. He hasn't been in soft at all, and let me tell you, Luis Ortiz just straight up toys with his opponents. He's so much more skilled than them it looks like he's just playing around with them. - Angelo Santana --- Yall already know. My favorite one of them all! #1. I'm convinced he'll be a world champion one day. Not sure he'll be undefeated when he gets the belt. He might get a Loss or 2 on his record, but he's gonna make it happen. - Sullivan Barrera --- What really interests me about this guy is, Gamboa IS his Promoter. Not only that, he's trained by Gamboa's father. Along with his stablemate who is Gamboa's brother Yoelvis. - Pedro Rodriguez --- Of all the Cubans, what stands out about him is, the punch output! This guy probably throws about 100 Punches per Round, very exciting! His 6 Rounder was about the most exciting fight I ever did see! - Yoelvis Gamboa --- I heard bad things early on about him. Streetfights, partying, etc.. It would appear though that that's changed now. I KNOW he's training his ass off now. Looked great to me in his last fight. I can't wait to see his next fight! - Rances Barthelemy --- Gotta be honest, I know very little about him. Rances and Franco are trained by Orlando Cuellar, they keep pretty quiet over there. - Yudel Jhonson & Yunier Dorticos --- Don't know much about them except for they're trained by El Tigre. El Tigre's really racking up the Cubans. He has Jhonson, Despaigne, Dorticos, Pairol, Vilier, Yunieski, & just very recently also got Glendy. El Tigre's also got the old school ones like Diosbelys & Giorbis! - Yoandris Salinas --- Started off his Career with Ismael Salas. Salinas had to switch though because Salas is just way too busy. Salas is among the Elite but his attention is mainly focused on his big 3: Gamboa, Aydin, Ioka. . . I'm not to sure what Salinas' lay off was all about but he came back in his last fight with Osmiri Fernandez. - Inocente Fiz --- Has an awesome goatee LOL. Really though, I like this guy's style. He was hitting Jose Angel Roman with some crazy good shots. I can't believe that guy didn't go down! I never met or talked to him but he has an intimidating look about him. Maybe it's just me! I'd be scared as hell to get in the ring with him! - Yasnay Consuegra --- Don't know much about this guy. I know one thing though, he sure did show up early to his last fight. The show started at like 7:30PM. I got there at 2PM, he was the only fighter in the Arena at the time and he was sitting around bored like he'd already been there for a while lol. . . Consuegra's got that Win over Harvey Jolley who pulled off a real shocker knocking out a Cuban. Mr. Consuegra's off to a great start!
Great summary robg!

Only three points though. Ortiz and Fiz are both very skilled but they are already over 30. I could imagine in the case of Fiz (but also with Jhonson) a better physical preparation, they both look soft. They will need a helluva of management to get them title fights in the near future.
Without a fanbase, it will be dificult also for the others to become a brandname.
As for Consuegra he is a little heavyweight, and probably he will top at the level of Yanqui Diaz. He said that he would like to change to cruiser, but he is fighting time and again as a heavy ...
Santiago is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015