Old 06-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #15211
cbris78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1425
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin576 View Post
Yep - a bunch of us got turned over on the Theophane/Hamilton fight. They said the fight took place an hour before it actually did. They didn't like the fact that the 6/1 - 13-1 underdog won !
Paddy Power are one to avoid
If you genuinely placed it prior to the start then take it to IBAS, your bet slip will have a time on it and it would be easy enough to confirm what time the fight started.
cbris78 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #15212
gazanta
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 335

Yeh fancy the Dutch tonight at 7/4, realistically should of beat the Danes, and thought the Germans did well to beat Portugal, Solid bet in my view, but we will see
gazanta is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #15213
martin576
Journeyman

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbris78 View Post
If you genuinely placed it prior to the start then take it to IBAS, your bet slip will have a time on it and it would be easy enough to confirm what time the fight started.
Didn't know about IBAS. Have just sent them the details. Cheers !
Having tried the promoters, BBoBC and Sky for their official confirmation of the start time of the fight and none of them can be bothered I don't hold out much hope.
martin576 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #15214
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

paddypower screwed me out of a stupid tennis bet once too. It was some no hoper against a top tennis player I guess, anyway I had a quid in my account and the match was as good as over (with the guy expected to win winning) anyway I put the bet on and about five mins later the player winning got injured and ended up losing the match, it was something like 150/1 i'd got on it at. I waited for my money to be put into my account and all I received was my pound back, I called them up to ask why and they told me it was due to a time delay on the site, which was bullshit.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #15215
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
paddypower screwed me out of a stupid tennis bet once too. It was some no hoper against a top tennis player I guess, anyway I had a quid in my account and the match was as good as over (with the guy expected to win winning) anyway I put the bet on and about five mins later the player winning got injured and ended up losing the match, it was something like 150/1 i'd got on it at. I waited for my money to be put into my account and all I received was my pound back, I called them up to ask why and they told me it was due to a time delay on the site, which was bullshit.
They always do it & cos there's no slip, there's no way to prove when you made the bet, not going near paddy power ever again
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #15216
cbris78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

^ If you check your bets there's a time next to it, you can print the slip or do a screen cap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin576 View Post
Didn't know about IBAS. Have just sent them the details. Cheers !
Having tried the promoters, BBoBC and Sky for their official confirmation of the start time of the fight and none of them can be bothered I don't hold out much hope.
Ask Paddy Power what they're basing the start time on, they'll have to prove that you placed the bet before the off anyway, not the other way round I believe.
cbris78 is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #15217
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbris78 View Post
^ If you check your bets there's a time next to it, you can print the slip or do a screen cap...

Ask Paddy Power what they're basing the start time on, they'll have to prove that you placed the bet before the off anyway, not the other way round I believe.
I checked my betting history & it's not even there I made the bet on Rigondeaux the day of the fight, they took the money but the next morning they just gave me my money back but not my winnings
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 06-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #15218
cbris78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

never had that, when I've tried to bet on fights I know have already ended and haven't got away with it the actual bet still shows up with the result void and my stake returned...
cbris78 is offline  Top
Old 06-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #15219
cutthroat22

vCash: 213

Did anyone do the paddypower group betting? It's looking pretty good right now but i'm just wondering if it's worth placing another bet to cover it.
cutthroat22 is offline  Top
Old 06-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #15220
AffectedToaster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthroat22 View Post
I think with tennis bets if a player retires through injury than all bets get voided, I remember I bet on somebody and they were losing badly but i got my money back because he retired through injury so that might be why they didn't pay out for u
AffectedToaster is offline  Top
Old 06-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #15221
gazanta
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 335

Ladbrokes have odds up on Carl Froch's next opponent:

Kessler 7/4
Bute 2/1
Cleverly 7/1
Hopkins 20/1

Good odds for both Kessler and Bute, surely it will be one of them
gazanta is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #15222
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Anyone bettin on the prizefighter heavyweight tournament next week? Johnson is the favourite at 6/5 and Sonowski is at 9/2 the next guy down is 11/2, so that means Johnson and Sosnowski should make it to the finals and for them 2 to meet in the finals is 5/1 that's some nice odds
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2012, 04:27 AM   #15223
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Rhodes and Munroe double at 4/1 - what do you think?
Lilo is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #15224
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

This may seem a really daft question but on Betfred I have to place 4 bets to get an accumulator, if I just want a 2 bet accumulator do I stick my bet on a 'double' so for instance if I wanted England and France to win tonight I'd just put 5 on a double?
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 06-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #15225
Lilo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

^^^
Yes
Lilo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum