Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #16726
Fat Vince
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Draw for prizefighter.
QF 1 Ekundayo V McEwan
QF 2 Carslaw V Toms
QF 3 Vaughn V Carruthers
QF 4 Mansouri V Valintine
Sudenly Curtis Valintine looks very good valuu!
Fat Vince is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #16727
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,492
vCash: 412
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_messi View Post
webber is now 9/1 with paddy power (who offer e/w), after Hamilton and Button place first and second in first practice.

In general I wouldnt be too worried about practice pace. Teams can be trying different set ups, fuel strategies etc. The McLarens do look more competitive, but the redbulls should still be top 2 teams come qualifying/race day.
What does e/w mean don't understand that
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:48 PM   #16728
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: STOKE
Posts: 812
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Vince View Post
Draw for prizefighter.
QF 1 Ekundayo V McEwan
QF 2 Carslaw V Toms
QF 3 Vaughn V Carruthers
QF 4 Mansouri V Valintine
Sudenly Curtis Valintine looks very good valuu!
He is in the best half but he could be in two tough little scraps as well to be honest, the top half seems to have the boxers and the bottom half the fighters to a certain degree.

Hard event to win for anyone looking at that draw and Valentine has been adjusted accordingly with the books, The only quarter final that I think there should be a certain winner would be Carslaw. Now having said that we should probably all lump on Toms.

Good luck to them all though
micky is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #16729
Fat Vince
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
He is in the best half but he could be in two tough little scraps as well to be honest, the top half seems to have the boxers and the bottom half the fighters to a certain degree.

Hard event to win for anyone looking at that draw and Valintine has been adjusted accordingly with the books, The only quarter final that I think there should be a certain winner would be Carslaw. Now having said that we should probably all lump on Toms.

Good luck to them all though
I wotched them on youtube and mceuan can scrap to when he has to. Larry is not on youtub but he dint like fighting brawwlers who got in his fase in the ams. I think mceuan will monstir him like he did to Andy Lee erly on. Mceuan v Valentine final. Prizefight will soot Valintines stile
Fat Vince is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #16730
cbris78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 192
vCash: 1425
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
What does e/w mean don't understand that
each way
cbris78 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #16731
Clark81
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Aberdeen
Posts: 280
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Anyone see any value in the domestic fixture list this weekend?
Can't see anything I'd wanna touch in the Premier League...

Cup weekend both north and south - I avoid these ties!
Clark81 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #16732
tommyd107
Gambler
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lancashire - U.K
Posts: 559
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Going for leeds over 4 corners tonight 7/5
tommyd107 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #16733
MagicMan91
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Highgate/Camden, London
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 179
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Anyone know why Renan St. Juste is the underdog to beat Allan Green? He's fighting at home, Green is overweight and also really, really shit at Boxing
MagicMan91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #16734
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
What does e/w mean don't understand that
Each way mate.

So for this race it means top 3.
leo_messi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #16735
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,492
vCash: 412
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_messi View Post
Each way mate.

So for this race it means top 3.
so its 9/1 for him to come in the top 3?
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #16736
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,342
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

No, if you place an a 5 each way bet, your stake is a tenner.

It's 5 on your nag to win, and then 5 on it coming in the top X number of places - the % of what you'll get paid will be specified, sometimes it varies.

So for a fiver each way on a 9/1 bet, if it wins, you get the 5 at 9/1, plus the 5 at 9/1 multiplied by the %, so you'll probably end up with 70 or so.

It's a way of hedging your bets without being a complete *****, and can win you some decent money if you get it right.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #16737
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,492
vCash: 412
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
No, if you place an a 5 each way bet, your stake is a tenner.

It's 5 on your nag to win, and then 5 on it coming in the top X number of places - the % of what you'll get paid will be specified, sometimes it varies.

So for a fiver each way on a 9/1 bet, if it wins, you get the 5 at 9/1, plus the 5 at 9/1 multiplied by the %, so you'll probably end up with 70 or so.

It's a way of hedging your bets without being a complete *****, and can win you some decent money if you get it right.
Oh I kinda get it, think ima sit this one out too broke to be takin any risks, don't trust f1
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #16738
cbris78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 192
vCash: 1425
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

It probably sounds more confusing than it is.

Boylesports have Webber at 10/1, there e/w terms are 3 places 1/5 odds

So using 5 as an example you have 5 on him to win and 5 on at 1/5 of the win odds, so 2/1, for him to come in the top 3.

So a 2nd or 3rd place returns, 15, profit of 5, a win means a return of 70, profit of 60.

The e/w return would hardly be worth it if you thought he only had a chance to place but if you think, as Leo said, that it's unlikely he finishes outside the podium positions then it's decent as it's essentially a bet to nothing with at best the chance of a nice win and at worst your money back with a bit of change...
cbris78 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #16739
richiedooley
The CHAMP
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 423
vCash: 164
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan91 View Post
Anyone know why Renan St. Juste is the underdog to beat Allan Green? He's fighting at home, Green is overweight and also really, really shit at Boxing
St.Juste is also shit, is 40 years old and hasn't boxed in a year when he didn't do anything to Anthony Dirrell and then injured himself. I think Allen green should be favourite and will beat St.Juste on points
richiedooley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #16740
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,492
vCash: 412
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbris78 View Post
It probably sounds more confusing than it is.

Boylesports have Webber at 10/1, there e/w terms are 3 places 1/5 odds

So using 5 as an example you have 5 on him to win and 5 on at 1/5 of the win odds, so 2/1, for him to come in the top 3.

So a 2nd or 3rd place returns, 15, profit of 5, a win means a return of 70, profit of 60.

The e/w return would hardly be worth it if you thought he only had a chance to place but if you think, as Leo said, that it's unlikely he finishes outside the podium positions then it's decent as it's essentially a bet to nothing with at best the chance of a nice win and at worst your money back with a bit of change...
cheers for explainin that understand it better now
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013