Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2009, 02:51 PM   #1667
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Lynes is fave to win Prizefighter

If I was going for an outside bet it would be on Barrie Jones at 10/1, although Rees should win it (2nd fave).
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 02:56 PM   #1668
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post
9/4 for Fragomeni ? tempting
I havent seen him for a while, but he's 40. Can he do enough work to get a decision in Germany?
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #1669
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quite fancy David Barnes for Prizefighter, 9/2.

Just inactivity that could be a problem.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #1670
Chud
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Location: http://theboxingbulletin.blogspot.com/ and SW London
vCash: 1526

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Quite fancy David Barnes for Prizefighter, 9/2.

Just inactivity that could be a problem.
true, hes the most talented of the bunch but hes also become a slow starter in the pros, so that could be a problem over 3 rounds.
Chud is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 05:03 PM   #1671
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I'm just gonna lay against Colin Lynes.

It's a shame how his career has gone downhill over the past year and a bit, he really looked to be going places. Don't get me wrong, I never saw him winning a world title, but he could have gotten a shot down the line, and was capable of being dominant at EBU level.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 05:20 PM   #1672
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Too much of a frontrunner. I hate to say this about a boxer but he lacks heart and determination. Even against Branco he can only blame himself, I thought he won but he let Branco sneak into it and have a say. Then quit against McCloskey.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 05:34 PM   #1673
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Fair point - he ought to have beaten Witter really, but didn't - the whole fight sums his career up.

The All Blacks have named their strongest XV, with Carter replacing McAllister...... I fancy them to give England a real hiding - hopefully (if it happens) bringing the end of the disastrous Rob Andrew regime.... and with it those piss poor, unproven coaches such as Callard, Wells et al - and that stupid academy system, which doesn't produce hardened rugby players.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #1674
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

I'll be putting a ten spot on Barnes
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #1675
Chud
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Location: http://theboxingbulletin.blogspot.com/ and SW London
vCash: 1526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Fair point - he ought to have beaten Witter really, but didn't - the whole fight sums his career up.

The All Blacks have named their strongest XV, with Carter replacing McAllister...... I fancy them to give England a real hiding - hopefully (if it happens) bringing the end of the disastrous Rob Andrew regime.... and with it those piss poor, unproven coaches such as Callard, Wells et al - and that stupid academy system, which doesn't produce hardened rugby players.
yep, im hitting NZ with the spread being a generous -13
Chud is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #1676
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post

If I was to bet on the All Blacks/England game, it would be for value and I'd go with an England/New Zealand half/full time double @ $6.50.

Apart from the Italy game and when they were level at half time with Wales, the All Blacks have been behind at half time in most games this year.

Cheers about Leeds. Yeah, they're paying $1.95 for the win, and from what I've read this season, they're in shit hot form.

TFFP, thanks. I think Kessler should get through, but I'm only going from what I've heard about Ward. I'm yet to see him fight yet.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2009, 11:50 PM   #1677
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
If I was to bet on the All Blacks/England game, it would be for value and I'd go with an England/New Zealand half/full time double @ $6.50.

Apart from the Italy game and when they were level at half time with Wales, the All Blacks have been behind at half time in most games this year.

Cheers about Leeds. Yeah, they're paying $1.95 for the win, and from what I've read this season, they're in shit hot form.

TFFP, thanks. I think Kessler should get through, but I'm only going from what I've heard about Ward. I'm yet to see him fight yet.
No problem man, just my opinion.

How's your season going in FM2010?
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #1678
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
No problem man, just my opinion.

How's your season going in FM2010?
Well, I started again playing in the A-League as Sydney FC. I won the league by 10 points, then made it to the final (the A-League has a finals series) by beating Brisbane 4-1 in the tie, then in the final I got done 0-2 by Brisbane (they got a 2nd chance in the finals) after dominating.

Am halfway through the next season and am currently holding on to 4th spot. It's been a tougher year, and I have lost my way a bit.

I have the Asian Champions League at the end of this season, and if I go alright at that, I might be able to get some good offers to manage at some bigger clubs.

Would like to manage either Leeds, or Bristol City next and see what I can do with them.

Hows your game going?
pecks is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 12:28 AM   #1679
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Well, I started again playing in the A-League as Sydney FC. I won the league by 10 points, then made it to the final (the A-League has a finals series) by beating Brisbane 4-1 in the tie, then in the final I got done 0-2 by Brisbane (they got a 2nd chance in the finals) after dominating.

Am halfway through the next season and am currently holding on to 4th spot. It's been a tougher year, and I have lost my way a bit.

I have the Asian Champions League at the end of this season, and if I go alright at that, I might be able to get some good offers to manage at some bigger clubs.

Would like to manage either Leeds, or Bristol City next and see what I can do with them.

Hows your game going?
Well, I won the league with games to spare at Man Utd. Only lost 2 games, one was when I already won the league and I couldn't motivate the players. Got to the final of the CL and lost to Chelsea and they were lucky as hell. Won the FA cup.

I'm gonna try a new team for more of a challenge and to test my tactic, just gotta decide who. I'll start it this weekend. I'm thinking a decent team but not the best like Fiorentina, Paris St Germain, Sevilla. See if I can win the league with a team like that.

Leeds would be pretty easy from the start, they have the best squad in league 1. If you move there ya never know what shape their in.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2009, 06:09 AM   #1680
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

England aren't as good as Wales though - hell, I wouldn't make them much more than a 5/6 favourite to beat Italy after struggling like **** with a below-strength Argentina.

Australia are paying out at 1.20 - that's a banker if ever there was one. If they can draw against Ireland..... they aren't losing to Scotland.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum