boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #16951
Big J
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Glasgow via Dungiven
Posts: 1,010
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsbry View Post
Alot of people are saying this is a 50/50 fight, don't go crazy
Opinions opinions. Thats what its all about mate A lot of people thought Haye would beat Klit or Klit would KO him. I stuck a decent bet on Klit UD.

Burns doesn't stop anyone and I can't see Mitchell avoiding the jab enough to land anything telling. Only my opinion though
Big J is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #16952
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,328
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Aye, there's decent value at 9/4 for Perez anyway, I'll run with that

I've had a good couple of weeks so I might have a decent bet on Burns by stoppage. I can't shout from the rooftops that Burns will knock the guy out and then not try and win a few quid, can I?
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #16953
MattP100
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Going with Mitchell, McCloskey decision and think Molitor has been slightly overpriced.

Did look at Perez but Paul does produce his best after being beat by the looks of the Prescott fight, Molitor is a class fighter for Carl to be takinng on at this stage.

Have to back the outsider in the big one as I think it's a real 50/50 fight.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Good luck gents.
MattP100 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 09-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #16954
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

McCloskey lost the Prescott fight.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #16955
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Aye, there's decent value at 9/4 for Perez anyway, I'll run with that

I've had a good couple of weeks so I might have a decent bet on Burns by stoppage. I can't shout from the rooftops that Burns will knock the guy out and then not try and win a few quid, can I?
Yeah you should. Winning money is more gratifying than proving people wrong on here if it comes off
JFT96 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #16956
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,328
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

[IMG][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Uploaded with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ][/IMG]

Villa you ****ers.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #16957
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,338
vCash: 542
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP100 View Post
Going with Mitchell, McCloskey decision and think Molitor has been slightly overpriced.

Did look at Perez but Paul does produce his best after being beat by the looks of the Prescott fight, Molitor is a class fighter for Carl to be takinng on at this stage.

Have to back the outsider in the big one as I think it's a real 50/50 fight.


[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Good luck gents.
three useless previews imo

You say Mcloskey allways bounces back good from a loss and use the presscott fight as an example well, Mcloskey arguably lost that fight.

and with the Frampton and Burns fights being 50/50 so you should go with the underdog that's nonsense. If its a 50/50 fight you go with the favourite especially if its in his hometown
brickfists is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #16958
cbris78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 192
vCash: 1425
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfists View Post
three useless previews imo

You say Mcloskey allways bounces back good from a loss and use the presscott fight as an example well, Mcloskey arguably lost that fight.

and with the Frampton and Burns fights being 50/50 so you should go with the underdog that's nonsense. If its a 50/50 fight you go with the favourite especially if its in his hometown
I haven't read the previews and I don't necessarily agree with the Frampton fight being 50/50, but if you believed it was of course you would take the underdog... That's where the value would be.
cbris78 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #16959
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,338
vCash: 542
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbris78 View Post
I haven't read the previews and I don't necessarily agree with the Frampton fight being 50/50, but if you believed it was of course you would take the underdog... That's where the value would be.
I disagree in a 50/50 fight allways go with the home town boy, because if its in anyway close they'll allmost allways get the decision
brickfists is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #16960
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 13,324
vCash: 999
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Molitor is just about done, IMO.

I'd be surprised if he posed a genuine threat tonight, and I'm one of those that are yet to be convinced that Frampton is the real deal.

However, if you want to bet on Molitor, then do it in-play. He's a slow starter these days and I believe he'll drop the early rounds, which will make his odds go up.
kosaros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #16961
cbris78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 192
vCash: 1425
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickfists View Post
I disagree in a 50/50 fight allways go with the home town boy, because if its in anyway close they'll allmost allways get the decision
That should be something already factored into how you view the fight. So assuming it is if you make it 50/50 the underdog is the value, it's betting 101, even if you make it 60/40 in Framptons favor Molitor would still be a big value play. Thats purely as an example, like I said I don't think it's thats close
cbris78 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:55 PM   #16962
brickfists
The Nonpareil
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4,338
vCash: 542
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbris78 View Post
That should be something already factored into how you view the fight. So assuming it is if you make it 50/50 the underdog is the value, it's betting 101, even if you make it 60/40 in Framptons favor Molitor would still be a big value play. Thats purely as an example, like I said I don't think it's thats close
I do, but he didn't which is why i brought it up
brickfists is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #16963
cbris78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 192
vCash: 1425
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

You said what he said was nonsense and if it's 50/50 you go with the fave, then mentioned the hometown bit. I only mentioned it because you were picking on what he said but actually the first part of what you said is definitely 'nonsense', second part is an opinion you would hope was factored in. You'd be a mug to back a 1/3 fave in any fight you thought was 50/50 or even 60/40 in his favor.
cbris78 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:30 PM   #16964
johnmaff36
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ireland
Posts: 2,666
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

frampton -pts 9/4
McCloskey - inside distance 4-1
Burns - pts 1/1

lump on
johnmaff36 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #16965
Kukotindi
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Just bet 75$ on Mitchell in 1-6 rounds.
Kukotindi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015