Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #17056
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Put a tenner on a tri cast for the F1 championship back in July.

At the time, alonso was a good bit ahead, hamilton and vettel were a good bit back and raikkonen was in the mix.

I gambled on Vettel,Alonso, Hamilton at 14/1

Put a tenner on it. Vettel has done a bit of a turn around and is now only 4 pts behind alonso. Hamilton is doing ok, but raikkonen could still spoil this bet.
leo_messi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #17057
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

tni's accy

Germany
Croatia
Turkey
Czech Rep
Sweden
Portugal

14/1
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #17058
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Had a 100 at 2s on JLD to win inside the distance at Betfred, gone to 6/4 still a bit big, next price is 4/6
micky is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #17059
T'ultimate
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Germany, Spain & Italy to score in both halves think it was about 6/1
T'ultimate is online now  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 12:21 PM   #17060
harvinmagler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I think they're dangling a carrot with that price.

Harrison went the distance with Williams who could whack, but since Sprott laid him out he appears frightened any time the opponent throws - he always looked wary, but now he's like a kid forced to play in a school rugby match.

Price can sometimes appear overly cautious for spells but I think he'll land a right at some stage and it'll be as good as over.

I'd leave it. The 7/1 is a tempter but I think you'll find better value 7/1 bets this weekend.
Nice one
harvinmagler is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #17061
cbris78
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1425

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
Had a 100 at 2s on JLD to win inside the distance at Betfred, gone to 6/4 still a bit big, next price is 4/6
They've let me have 16.50, I then tried again and they offered 16p Didn't think I had any problems with them. Well out of line with other bookies, I saw Sportingbet open it at 5/6 and was going to leave it and they've shortened it from there whilst Betfred are still odds against.
cbris78 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #17062
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I have Dickinson, Miles, Satchell and Price 1-6 @ nigh on 14/1
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM   #17063
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbris78 View Post
They've let me have 16.50, I then tried again and they offered 16p Didn't think I had any problems with them. Well out of line with other bookies, I saw Sportingbet open it at 5/6 and was going to leave it and they've shortened it from there whilst Betfred are still odds against.
Sportingbet and Skybet limit me like that, its strange because I have taken similar amounts off Betfred as well so would expect them to limit me if this comes up presumably.

Its scandalous really because they are allowing you a bet to win 30 odd quid, multi million pound outfit, I thought Fred Done liked to take a bet, dont do a lot for his reputation really. He can pay out 3/4 of a Million on Utd last year before they won the title and then pay again on Man City when they actually won it, but he lays you a bet to lose 30 quid, Its appalling really and just reminds us that they are not bookies anymore they are just accountants.

Bring back the geezer on the corner of the street who took bets, christ how old am I

Last edited by micky; 10-12-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: SPELLING
micky is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #17064
tmsbry
ESB Addict

vCash: 14400

When I registered with sky bet I bet 100 pound on something at evens & used my free bet as well, when I won I wasn't allowed withdraw the money straight away.

Pissed me off at the time but since then I've never had a problem with sky bet, whereas paddy power's shocking,
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #17065
tmsbry
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'ultimate View Post
Germany, Spain & Italy to score in both halves think it was about 6/1
Followed this

& had England under 5.5 @ evens sweated for that though
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #17066
T'ultimate
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmsbry View Post
Followed this

& had England under 5.5 @ evens sweated for that though
Not surprised you sweated. Did they come close to scoring a 6th? I watched Wales v Scotland which was a decent game. Bale scored a great goal.
T'ultimate is online now  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 05:39 PM   #17067
tmsbry
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'ultimate View Post
Not surprised you sweated. Did they come close to scoring a 6th? I watched Wales v Scotland which was a decent game. Bale scored a great goal.
Couldve scored 7 or 8 to be honest
tmsbry is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2012, 06:15 PM   #17068
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Don george 7/1 looks large.

Know he's crap but Stevenson has a glass chin.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #17069
punchdrunkgench
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
Sportingbet and Skybet limit me like that, its strange because I have taken similar amounts off Betfred as well so would expect them to limit me if this comes up presumably.

Its scandalous really because they are allowing you a bet to win 30 odd quid, multi million pound outfit, I thought Fred Done liked to take a bet, dont do a lot for his reputation really. He can pay out 3/4 of a Million on Utd last year before they won the title and then pay again on Man City when they actually won it, but he lays you a bet to lose 30 quid, Its appalling really and just reminds us that they are not bookies anymore they are just accountants.

Bring back the geezer on the corner of the street who took bets, christ how old am I

bookies like bet365, skybet, and sportingbet are total scumbags they limit or close your account almost straight away i have got through 7 bet365 accounts in 9 months i just love hitting them for the 200 bonus then even if they have shut the account after that ive knocked from 200 these firms even use software called iesnare which snoops round your computer and lets them know your information so they can then share it with other firms who use iesnare these other firms then shut you down or limit you as well, i have found away round it , get a few old mobiles open accounts in friends and family name and use the mobile to place bets it appears the firms havent caught up with this yet.
punchdrunkgench is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #17070
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchdrunkgench View Post
bookies like bet365, skybet, and sportingbet are total scumbags they limit or close your account almost straight away i have got through 7 bet365 accounts in 9 months i just love hitting them for the 200 bonus then even if they have shut the account after that ive knocked from 200 these firms even use software called iesnare which snoops round your computer and lets them know your information so they can then share it with other firms who use iesnare these other firms then shut you down or limit you as well, i have found away round it , get a few old mobiles open accounts in friends and family name and use the mobile to place bets it appears the firms havent caught up with this yet.
Really poor service from these guys, I would not agree but would understand if you just hit them for boxing all the time and did not have another bet but I use them all the time for horses,football and all sorts and have an average record on those sports but because I am doing well at boxing they just knock you back all the time.

Really disappointed that betfred offered that bet to the guy on here yesterday thought 16 to win 30 quid wtf is that all about, very poor.

Solve the problem by getting your prices right should be the angle they take.
micky is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum