Marlow is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #18482
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Alexander should stop Purdy. Different levels, Alexander is not a puncher by any means, Urango is more an anomaly than something to hang your hat on, but really the class difference should be telling late on. Big handspeed/class difference, can't see Purdy landing a lot and he'll wear himself out achieving nothing. Will be one of them fights where one guy is lacking the class and just blows himself out and gets picked off late.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #18483
Hammer Muldoon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Any of you lads had any experience with palpable errors?
Hammer Muldoon is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #18484
Marlow
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Yes
Marlow is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #18485
Hammer Muldoon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I've spotted a very obvious error with a bookmaker. I've chatted to one of their advisors and they've confirmed that the odds are correct, even though they obviously aren't. I then asked if i placed the bet, would i definitely be paid at those odds. Bitch said yes, as long as i tick the box saying i wanted to take the odds. I then emailed the transcript to myself. I haven't placed the bet yet, would i have any chance of making the pay me?
Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #18486
Sallace Wpector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Muldoon View Post
I've spotted a very obvious error with a bookmaker. I've chatted to one of their advisors and they've confirmed that the odds are correct, even though they obviously aren't. I then asked if i placed the bet, would i definitely be paid at those odds. Bitch said yes, as long as i tick the box saying i wanted to take the odds. I then emailed the transcript to myself. I haven't placed the bet yet, would i have any chance of making the pay me?
You've got nothing to lose really.
Sallace Wpector is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #18487
Hammer Muldoon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallace Wpector View Post
You've got nothing to lose really.
I know mate but i want to place a big amount and then lay it off somewhere else. The danger is that i end up placing this initial bet and i don't hear anything from the bookmaker until after the event. Then, if that bet wins and they refuse to pay out, i will also have lost a decent amount of money on the other bet.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #18488
Hammer Muldoon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I know mate but i want to place a big amount and then lay it off somewhere else. The danger is that i end up placing this initial bet and i don't hear anything from the bookmaker until after the event. Then, if that bet wins and they refuse to pay out, i will also have lost a decent amount of money on the other bet.
*Update*

Right lads, the mistake i noticed was on the Klitschko fight to go the distance. Betway had the fight not to go the distance at 9/2 instead of 1/8 or 1/9 like everyone else, so they obviously had the odds the wrong way round. After i got them to confirm the odds to me, i tried to place the bet but kept getting a message telling me my "stake was higher than the maximum allowed". I went all the way down to a tenner and still got the same message. I contacted them again and they said they would look into it and get back to me within 24 hours.

So this morning the odds were still up and i tried to place the bet again, same thing. Then, because i was still not expecting the bet to go through, i added on Mayweather, Froch and Haye to win, set my stake to 100 and placed the bet. Bet went through but the Klitschko odds were suspended immediately. I contacted them again, saying i wanted to place a bet but the market had just been removed. They eventually told me that they would no longer be taking bets on this market. I asked about the bet i had already placed, would that still stand and at the odds it was placed? They said yes. Sent that chat to myself as well. So basically i've got 9/1 on a bet that should be just over evens. I'm kicking myself though, thinking that i could have had a few grand on Klitschko fight not to go the distance and Floyd to win at 5/1.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:07 AM   #18489
GladiatoR
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1586

Quote:
*Update*

Right lads, the mistake i noticed was on the Klitschko fight to go the distance. Betway had the fight not to go the distance at 9/2 instead of 1/8 or 1/9 like everyone else, so they obviously had the odds the wrong way round. After i got them to confirm the odds to me, i tried to place the bet but kept getting a message telling me my "stake was higher than the maximum allowed". I went all the way down to a tenner and still got the same message. I contacted them again and they said they would look into it and get back to me within 24 hours.

So this morning the odds were still up and i tried to place the bet again, same thing. Then, because i was still not expecting the bet to go through, i added on Mayweather, Froch and Haye to win, set my stake to 100 and placed the bet. Bet went through but the Klitschko odds were suspended immediately. I contacted them again, saying i wanted to place a bet but the market had just been removed. They eventually told me that they would no longer be taking bets on this market. I asked about the bet i had already placed, would that still stand and at the odds it was placed? They said yes. Sent that chat to myself as well. So basically i've got 9/1 on a bet that should be just over evens. I'm kicking myself though, thinking that i could have had a few grand on Klitschko fight not to go the distance and Floyd to win at 5/1.
If they've suspended the odds, they'll void the bet in your fold. I know they said it wouldn't... but watch out.
GladiatoR is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #18490
Hammer Muldoon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatoR View Post
If they've suspended the odds, they'll void the bet in your fold. I know they said it wouldn't... but watch out.
I'm expecting that but i'm hoping because i have proof of them confirming the odds last night, plus proof of them saying they will honour my bet at those odds, i have a chance of making them pay. Just annoyed that i'll only be arguing with them about 900 quid instead of about 20k.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #18491
Dinamita85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

had a dodgy gambit on floyd and wlad ud - 20 returns 210... worth a shot if pianetas chin is upto the job.

also gonna go big on mares unanimous decision and either santa cruz rounds 7-12 or Ud
Dinamita85 is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #18492
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Why is J'leon Love 8/11 against Rosado?

Good value
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #18493
Jimmyhammer
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinamita85 View Post
had a dodgy gambit on floyd and wlad ud - 20 returns 210... worth a shot if pianetas chin is upto the job.

also gonna go big on mares unanimous decision and either santa cruz rounds 7-12 or Ud
Am looking at May UD / Mares split & Santa Cruz to win going the distance (Ladbrokes wont specify how) - 10 pays 665.

Fairly confident on Mayweather given the way he been talking about not getting hit etc like in Cotto fight. Think Mares is the most difficult one to call but being ODLH's Golden Boy think he will pull through a close fight. Santa Cruz is moving up in weight and his opponent has never been stopped.
Jimmyhammer is online now  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #18494
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Why is J'leon Love 8/11 against Rosado?

Good value

Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn 3m
Love 161.5. Rosado 160 Love has hour to make 160. He was hour late in 1st place. Obviously struggling. #boxing #MayDay
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2013, 06:34 PM   #18495
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

I got Rosado to win and Mayweather decision - 2.55/1
I wanna see the odds for Rosado KO if they put them up ill probably go with that
|A|C|S| is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum