Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #18571
Pecsaetan
It's egg in soup!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 204
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

what a bunch of clowns. I was going to bet on SBW purely on the basis that these cross sport 'celebrity' fights are always dodgy in some way, but I thought maybe this one wouldn't be and Botha would clean him out so I didn't bother.
Pecsaetan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #18572
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Frampton in 8-12 or points is 4/6 dunno if anyone mentioned it before
dont have a clue about his opponent but seems a good bet goin off what other people are sayin
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #18573
Dennison
Guru
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
Frampton in 8-12 or points is 4/6 dunno if anyone mentioned it before
dont have a clue about his opponent but seems a good bet goin off what other people are sayin
It's more the vibes that Frampton and his team are giving, their going to box for a bit and pick it up late, which to me would see that as a very good bet
Dennison is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #18574
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Muldoon View Post
I would hope so, mate. Thing is, i only placed it with BetVictor because they had the odds for KO/TKO/DQ mixed up with the odds for a decision. So instead of 2/1 or 5/2 for the KO, i was getting 9/2. So i might have had some problems with them even if Botha had stopped him
Had Botha ko as well with them, they marked me down as a loser.
micky is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #18575
Hammer Muldoon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by micky View Post
Had Botha ko as well with them, they marked me down as a loser.
Did you ask them about it? They said they're looking into it and will contact me later. Seriously mate, hassle them if you haven't done so already.
Hammer Muldoon is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #18576
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Did you ask them about it? They said they're looking into it and will contact me later. Seriously mate, hassle them if you haven't done so already.
Will give it a go, thanks mate
micky is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 12:19 PM   #18577
Hammer Muldoon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Will give it a go, thanks mate
I had something similar a few months ago when Benitez was appointed as Chelsea manager. I put money on him the day before it was announced and my bet still hadn't been settled a few hours after the announcement. I asked them why it hadn't been settled and they told me it would only be settled once a permanent manager had been announced. Benitez had been appointed as "Interim" Manager. I asked them stuff like "what happens if no more announcements are made and Benitez is still manager a year later". They didn't seem to have any answers but they offered to cancel my bet, which i accepted. I then found out the next day that the bet had been settled as a winner, but by this stage i had obviously cancelled my bet. So i then had to get on at them again, saying that i wouldn't have cancelled the bet if i knew it was going to be settled as a winner etc. So they ended up paying me as a "Gesture of Goodwill" and i eventually got my money. But there is no way they would have given me it without me hassling them.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #18578
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I had something similar a few months ago when Benitez was appointed as Chelsea manager. I put money on him the day before it was announced and my bet still hadn't been settled a few hours after the announcement. I asked them why it hadn't been settled and they told me it would only be settled once a permanent manager had been announced. Benitez had been appointed as "Interim" Manager. I asked them stuff like "what happens if no more announcements are made and Benitez is still manager a year later". They didn't seem to have any answers but they offered to cancel my bet, which i accepted. I then found out the next day that the bet had been settled as a winner, but by this stage i had obviously cancelled my bet. So i then had to get on at them again, saying that i wouldn't have cancelled the bet if i knew it was going to be settled as a winner etc. So they ended up paying me as a "Gesture of Goodwill" and i eventually got my money. But there is no way they would have given me it without me hassling them.
I had a similar thing with Quigg/Munroe draw in the first fight - I actually backed the draw at two different books and one paid and one argued the point but paid in the end, so that worked out for me. This one was only a tenner at 9/2 but I have registered my concern so will see what they do.
micky is offline  Top
Old 02-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #18579
Hammer Muldoon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Haven't had an email from them yet but i've just logged into my account and my balance reads: "Promo cash: 50.00".

My initial bet was 50, however, i also put my 25 free bet on it as well. I'm guessing i won't get my 25 until i place another bet but i might ask just in case.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:06 AM   #18580
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Haven't had an email from them yet but i've just logged into my account and my balance reads: "Promo cash: 50.00".

My initial bet was 50, however, i also put my 25 free bet on it as well. I'm guessing i won't get my 25 until i place another bet but i might ask just in case.
Got my tenner back as well nice work Hammer, one for the little guys.

cheers mate
micky is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #18581
Bazzie

Has anyone had any joy getting outright bets on Botha voided? I know Betvictor have voided both MOV and outright bets but WH are so far refusing to void my outright bet.
Bazzie is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 05:10 AM   #18582
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzie View Post
Has anyone had any joy getting outright bets on Botha voided? I know Betvictor have voided both MOV and outright bets but WH are so far refusing to void my outright bet.
I have always understood that outright bets stand even if the distance is changed, however in this circumstance where it was possibly/probably changed to affect the result you would like to think they would make a gesture of goodwill and give you your money back. You might want to cut and past a couple of the articles calling the fight fixed and mail to them with your repeated request. They are a big firm and point out that its not good to be associated with a fixed fight.
micky is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 05:28 AM   #18583
Bazzie

Quote:
I have always understood that outright bets stand even if the distance is changed, however in this circumstance where it was possibly/probably changed to affect the result you would like to think they would make a gesture of goodwill and give you your money back. You might want to cut and past a couple of the articles calling the fight fixed and mail to them with your repeated request. They are a big firm and point out that its not good to be associated with a fixed fight.
Yeah that's the route I've gone down. I'm waitin on their settling team getting back to me
Bazzie is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 09:10 AM   #18584
Markyboy86
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Chelsea
Bournemouth
Swindon
Livingston
Brechin
QOS
Rangers

Pays 15/2

BTTS
Sunderland
Blackburn
Charlton
Huddersfield
Wolves
Colchester
Dundee Utd

Pays 45/1
Markyboy86 is offline  Top
Old 02-09-2013, 09:12 AM   #18585
Dinamita85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

given up on gettin my money back on sbw and botha...asshole bookies

bets for tonight Frampton by unanimous decision...dont think frampton is a really heavy hitter and while kiko is a scary lil fuker i think frampton should be able to comfortably outbox him... kiko is well aware of this hence why he is trying to bait frampton into a firefight with him.

gonna wait til the odds are on skybet and bet on an early ko in the proksa fight.

bit wary about betting on a selby unanimous decision cos of the fight being in ireland....not saying irish judges are bent but i still remember the scoring in Mccloskey v Prescott
Dinamita85 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum