Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #2566
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I had a bit of a shocker, I put Man Utd to draw with Fulham with a lay against Liverpool..... then a Leeds & MK Dons double. We got the late winner, but MK lost.

I've laid 30 against the draw in the SA vs Eng Test, England are 11/1 overnight chasing 360ish, the deck has a bit in it, expect there to be a result..... though the Saffies should have stuck England in 20 mins earlier IMO.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #2567
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I had a bit of a shocker, I put Man Utd to draw with Fulham with a lay against Liverpool..... then a Leeds & MK Dons double. We got the late winner, but MK lost.

I've laid 30 against the draw in the SA vs Eng Test, England are 11/1 overnight chasing 360ish, the deck has a bit in it, expect there to be a result..... though the Saffies should have stuck England in 20 mins earlier IMO.
There are reports of a bit of rain about. Can't see England chasing that down on this pitch, they'll play it safe if they do bat.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #2568
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyZOR View Post
3-2 Leverkussen!!!

20 mins left tho so cant cheer to much but Bayer have been playing good all game in attack mode and have been creating much more chances and shots on goal.

Bit hairy that one . . . as was Villa Stoke! Still looking good though on that trebble.

Disappointed to see Mascherano go just before half time. Thought Liverpool could still have snatched the draw otherwise.
RichT is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #2569
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post

What did you get for the lay against Liverpool Beeston? I was a bit annoyed with myself for not looking into that because I didn't fancy Liverpool to win at all.
RichT is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #2570
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Does anyone bet on corners? I see some incredible prices, or at least what in my mind are incredible prices.

Panathinaikos at home to a crap team, 0-0 at half time, 5 corners to 0. Race to 9 corners was 5/6! Big teams in their leagues usually come on strong in seconds half, especially when they're level or behind at the break. 5/6 was massive. Only put a tenner on though, and it was in by 64 minutes.

1 19/12/2009 Panathinaikos v Giannina
(Race to 9 Corners) Panathinaikos 5/6 None To Run
Stake: 10.00 To Win: 8.33 Returns:

I tried to top up as it went 2/1 after they scored in about the 51st minute but it suspended and they got 3 corners in a minute!
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2009, 02:10 PM   #2571
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryeags View Post
You have to look at one bet this weekend that looks huge value ...

Fulham are 6's (stanley james) generally 11/2 but as low as 4's at home to Man Utd .... Fulham after an excellent midweek performance v Basle against a depleted Utd side who looked very poor against Wolves reserves and beaten at home by the Villans on the saturday .... Are Utd just hitting a dodgy patch ??

And even better possible 9/2 draw no bet if your feeling like being safe ....
A cracking xmas for me ... and just had the tricky trees to beat PNE ... i love it when a plan comes toghether
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #2572
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Beeston (or anyone else) how far in advance to Betfair usually put up odds for boxing?

Having a look at the Kessler Froch market and the odds are incredibly close (Bet365 have them both as odds on). Best price on Froch is 11/10 but you can't currently get above evens for Kessler. I'm holding a tiny bit of hope that over even odds for both men might be available at some point?
RichT is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2009, 09:10 PM   #2573
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823

man what a day.....

today is the best day i had in a while

Turned 80$ to 250$
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2009, 09:18 PM   #2574
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
man what a day.....

today is the best day i had in a while

Turned 80$ to 250$

I've had a good day but I'm hanging on a few results tomorrow which will determine whether it's been a profitable day.

Waiting on Chelsea from a trebble with Arsenal and Villa
Waiting on Newcastle from a double with Nottm Forest
and waiting on Palermo from a trebble with Lerverkusen and Villa.

Only need one to come in to be in profit and all 3 would make it a very nice weekend!

Nice result for Bordeaux again! Missed out on any winnings there though as I had them with Leverkusen and Sevilla who lost.
RichT is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #2575
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

****ing did it again on the dartsFancied Bates to beat Klassen.He was 9/4.Kept tabs on the in play and he went out to 10/3 early on.Bottled it.I need some bollocks.Up for the day though
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 12-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #2576
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post

I've had a good day but I'm hanging on a few results tomorrow which will determine whether it's been a profitable day.

Waiting on Chelsea from a trebble with Arsenal and Villa
Waiting on Newcastle from a double with Nottm Forest
and waiting on Palermo from a trebble with Lerverkusen and Villa.

Only need one to come in to be in profit and all 3 would make it a very nice weekend!

Nice result for Bordeaux again! Missed out on any winnings there though as I had them with Leverkusen and Sevilla who lost.

good deal buddy.

what games did u watch today? :P

today i watched Leverkussen vs. Gladbach, Dortmund vs. Freiburg, Arsenal vs. Hull and lastly Madrid vs. Zaragoza.

if you get a chance, go on youtube or whatever and check out some of them goals Madrid scored vs. Zaragoza. Pure amazement and skill

game ended 6-0.

Arsenal played quite well today vs. Hull..... crated a lot of chances and always kept the ball alive. Some very minor setbacks in the defense, but it was minor and not to serious.

Dortmund got lucky a bit vs. Freiburg but the pitch was snowy as hell so dunno if it could be blameable to much, compared to the other German pitch in the Leverkussen game, it looked pretty bad. The game momentum was maybe 55/45 in favor of Dortmund, but Freiburg still showed some good chances and even had some real nice ones where they should of seeled the deal! Game ended 1-0 for Dortmund.

Leverkussen vs. Gladbach was a pretty entertaining game. The Gladbach defense were the major problem for Leverkussen today, if anything. Leverkussen were clearly dominating the pitch in terms of game play, created many chances and troubled Gladbach a lot. After Leverkussen were losing 2-1, they picked it up a bit more and pretty much sealed the deal 3-2, but they had to work pretty hard for it. I for on thought this game was going to be like the Arsenal game where Leverkussen would blow them out 3-0 and attack like they did with the same style but Leverkussen were a bit lucky today. They didnt use thier 62% possesion conservativly like the Gunners did vs. Hull..

but yea, Real Madrivs vs. Real Zaragoza was like watching a great white shark vs. a tuna o_O

tommarow im probably gonna watch Auxerre - Toulouse, Roma - Parma, and probably the Inter Milan game.

Roma have a great odd to win so i included them in a few parlays. I think Roma is a winner, not a sure winner cause im not much a Serie A guy, buit i just have a feeling.

Real MadidAS Roma
Juventus Turin
OSC Lille

4 team parlay 10$ lands me 29$

Real Madrid and Juventus played(are playing) minnows and everywhere i go Roma is a good valuev and everyone is tipping them...

take that however u want...

good luck all!
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2009, 05:19 AM   #2577
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

****. Ankaragucu losing at home to battlers Sivasspor ****ed me up. Cunts cost me $130.

I'm still alive with my other multi. I need Hamburg and Werder Brem to draw and for the Lazio/Inter match to be under 2.5 goals. I meant to put it as over but my clumsy thumbs touched elsewhere.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2009, 06:36 AM   #2578
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
good deal buddy.

what games did u watch today? :P

Saw Pompey Liverpool, Arsenal Hull and Man City Sunderland.

The game at Portsmouth wasn't exactly smooth. Portsmouth were on top for most of the first half but created few clear cut chances. Torres had a few half chances and had he have been fit and in form I could see one of them maybe going his way. Mascherano sending off at half time killed any chance Liverpool had I think. The pitch wasn't in great condition after the snow which made any slick counters difficult. Thought Liverpool could have maybe made a bit of class show with Gerrard and Torres playing if they had 11 but that was game when they went down to 10. They seemed a side severly short on confidence. Certainly not ready to start backing them to win any time soon. Portsmouth could be worth looking out for in coming weeks, especially at home. Bit more confidence and the goals could start coming too.

Arsenal Hull was a great game. Arsenal seem to create so many chances from relatively safe positions from a defensive point of view. 3-0 wasn't unfair. I thought Hull were slightly unlucky not to get one but then Arsenal could have had more as well. Tbh I was expecting Hull to be worse without Bullard. Worries me slightly that Vermaelen gets forward so much for Arsenal. They still seem vulnerable at the back.

Man City Sunderland game. Difficult to really take much from that from a betting view point. Man City were the better side and looked very dangerous through Bellamy and Tevez at times but they were so shaky at the back it's hard to imagine them playing CL football. Toure was awful and he didn't really get much support. Even when Sunderland weren't doing much I felt like they had goals in them. Maybe a good sign for games to come for them. they've been on a dreadful run but they didn't seem as low on confidence as maybe they should have been. For Man City I think the change of manager might have an adverse impact in the immediate future. Bellamy and a few others have taken the news badly and I can see them falling short of recent performances now Hughes has gone. On the other hand I would expect the team in general to have more direction so if Adebayor and Robinho can find form, having been dropped by Hughes, then they could bounce back strong. Be interested to see them next weekend.

Hoping to catch the Chelsea ame later today.

Saw the Madrid goals. Looked like a training game. Loved Higuain's two.
RichT is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #2579
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
****. Ankaragucu losing at home to battlers Sivasspor ****ed me up. Cunts cost me $130.

I'm still alive with my other multi. I need Hamburg and Werder Brem to draw and for the Lazio/Inter match to be under 2.5 goals. I meant to put it as over but my clumsy thumbs touched elsewhere.

I was looking for that Lazio Inter result last night (didn't realise it was on today).

Good luck.

RichT is offline  Top
Old 12-20-2009, 07:32 AM   #2580
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoc175 View Post
****ing did it again on the dartsFancied Bates to beat Klassen.He was 9/4.Kept tabs on the in play and he went out to 10/3 early on.Bottled it.I need some bollocks.Up for the day though
I was the same mate ... everytime i was in for a plunge the price changed so held fast ... then Bates suddenly ws 1/4 and not worth backing ...

Terry Jenkins to beat Nicholson 8/13 MOnday eve looks a standout ... Nicholsons a decent player and done well at the world champs but Jenkins is a top player well worth backing
mryeags is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum