Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 12-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #2596
China_hand_Joe
Nostradamus
ESB Addict

vCash: 563
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

So far I am glad to have refused the idea of betting on Baxter, looking terrible for him right now.
China_hand_Joe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #2597
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ])

Not a lot, ranked 33.

Baxter is still 2/1 against.

Correct score.....

Baxter 4-0 35/1
Baxter 4-1 14/1
Baxter 4-2 9/1
Baxter 4-3 11/2

Anderson 4-0 7/1
Anderson 4-1 7/2
Anderson 4-2 7/2
Anderson 4-3 9/2

**** me...... they are really overvaluing Baxter here - Anderson can barely hit a double to save his life when the pressure is on

70 up on the set betting, 20 up on the match betting

Every set went to a deciding leg though
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2009, 06:01 PM   #2598
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

^Good call

Any thoughts for tomorrows games?Will Taylor drop his first set to Thornton? 5/6 to win 4-0

Most of the games look pretty straight forward on paper.Taylor,Lewis,Wade,Whitlock and Jenkins should win.Beaton/Hamilton is the closest,depends on Beaton really
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #2599
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Hardly a good call...... just a throwaway 2 - when Baxter is on his game he is top class, Anderson scores heavily and loses on the doubles, there must have been money to be made on the leg betting at the right time as well.

I'd stick those five in an accumulator, with 5 on Beaton separately - Hamilton was shit against that qualifier, whilst Beaton was very good in his match.

What is Lewis to win in straight sets?
Old 12-28-2009, 06:26 PM   #2600
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Hardly a good call...... just a throwaway 2 - when Baxter is on his game he is top class, Anderson scores heavily and loses on the doubles, there must have been money to be made on the leg betting at the right time as well.

I'd stick those five in an accumulator, with 5 on Beaton separately - Hamilton was shit against that qualifier, whilst Beaton was very good in his match.

What is Lewis to win in straight sets?
Lewis 4-0 is 7/2

or

Lewis -2.5 sets is 5/4
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 12-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #2601
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I'll go with the -2.5.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him drop a set to McDine.

I like Baxter against Lloyd, but 8/15 isn't great value...... even though Baxter won 4-0 the match was still close, Lloyd is a bit of a loose cannon though, especially at the World Championship.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:38 PM   #2602
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
What you have on Painter mate?

Definitely go against Anderson tonight..... or at least lay against the shortest 'correct score' in his favour.
Had him in a ton double with Kauto Star who i thought was a cert .....

Interesting tommorow ...10/11 treble on Whitlock , Lewis and Jenkins ... all very impressive so far in previous rounds . Think Hammertimes too good for Beaton too but he would the risky selection outta the four ...

And Painter 9/4 v Barney looks a decent punt too .... Barney brilliant 9 darter but throwing like a drain before that ... Painters capable of beating anyone on his day and lifts his game for the big ones ....
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #2603
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Gotta give it to Ian Bell. I think everybody knows I've been a big critic of his but he FINALLY produced a match winning contribution. England wouldn't have had that scoreboard pressure without his 140 odd. Their only chance of winning was a big lead and thanks to him they got it...the lad did well. He needs to produce centuries that matter more often.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #2604
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Yeah it was an excellent innings - perfectly paced, never seemed to look like getting out.

Broad's time at the crease was strange to say the least, spent an hour blocking.

I hope for his sake that it doesn't rain all day tomorrow..... he'd be kicking himself something silly if SA escape.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:39 PM   #2605
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Broad bowled pretty well to be fair...him and Swann are the reason they have a great chance combined with Bell's innings.

Broad is an odd one with the ball. He produced a spell like this at the Oval. But most of the time he never looks like getting a wicket.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2009, 04:45 PM   #2606
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Swann has really come through in the past year or so. He was a surprise selection for an ODI series in Sri Lanka and got a few wickets and the odd cameo batting - more of a hunch than anything because they were fed up of Panesar bowling ten overs for 45 and not getting wickets.

Then he got in the Test side and out-performed Monty with the ball.... obviously it goes without saying that he out-batted and out-fielded the clown as well.

I like his attitude - always looking for wickets and trying to be positive.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #2607
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Yeah Swann looks okay but not particularly amazing but something is working for him as he averages under 30 which you'd take all day for an off-spinner. He's probably the best orthodox spinner around at the moment, Vettori isn't this destructive. I think its just his positivity, aggression, good aggressive fields, always looking for wickets. He also has that Shane Warne factor where he makes the batsman feel like he's in a battle, probably pisses them off a bit too.

Him and Broad are very useful to have as all-round cricketers, tremendous. It's Anderson and Onions that are always going to be under more pressure to produce wickets, the selectors would be wary to drop Broad or Swann or their all-round abilities.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #2608
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Yeah I agree, he isn't and never will be a world beater, but has that air of confidence about him.....

When you think though, so far he takes more than 4 wickets per Test, one every ten overs at an average of less than 30.... that's slightly better than an average test performer - plus he contributes batting and holds his own fielding.

Vettori is fast becoming the best allrounder in the world the way he is going, not a great wicket taker, but keeps batters pinned down and gets wickets for the guy at the other end - I think he's now ranked near the top 20 in the batting ratings as well!

On Broad, I think he will get there, at the start I was more impressed with his batting but his bowling has taken over, thankfully.... not sure he quite has it to be a genuine star though.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:14 PM   #2609
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Broad has shown he can be a wicket-taker, he's done it in 2 spells against the best 2 test sides in the world IMO. Flintoff for all the hype was more a 3-50 guy off 25 overs at his best rather than a consistent match-winner, so I've got a lot of hope for Broad in the long run. They need to find a way to see this more consistently and when he's not doing it at least keep it tight instead of spraying it.

His batting isn't there yet, he's a #8 which is fine but his technique hints at more to come. With Swann and Broad you might get away with them at 7 and 8 but I think we've a few frail minds in the batting lineup and it gives them a sense of security with 6 batsman and then 2 #8's. Botham talks shite about 5 batsman..who else in the world goes in with 5 batters? Not one team...
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 12-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #2610
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Flintoff was so overrated.

His career stats aren't all that impressive, and even his amazing series of 2005 he only averaged 40 with the bat and 28 with the ball - I guess it's the timing of his contributions and the Brett Lee handshake at Edgbaston which cloud people's judgement. As a batsman he was ordinary throughout his career, he was a world class bowler for brief spells when he wasn't injured.

I like Botham as a commentator, but you can sense his frustration at England's conservative tactics - it's pretty ironic that he and Ian Chappell HATE each other, when they agree on pretty much every aspect of the game!

But like you I can't understand his wanting of five batsmen, though I do agree you need to pack the side with bowling options to take 20 wickets on modern pitches. Ideally you'd like an opening batsman that can bowl a few overs (eg. Jayasuriya), a keeper that can average 45 (Gilchrist) and be able to get a second spinner into your side.

The players England have don't allow that, so they have to make do with what they have...... which in the grand scheme of things isn't bad by any means - it's probably a better side than the 2005 one.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum