Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-19-2010, 11:19 AM   #3001
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I got 11/10 on the stoppage.... Lawton looked good against Matthews but is going in against a proven performer, albeit one probably past his best.

For all you RL fans....

Castleford 6/4 to beat Bradford (at Bradford) - decent odds to me for what looks on paper a pick'em game, I'd expect Cas to be evens at best given their solid start to the season and Bradford's thumping against Saints last week.

Worth 10.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #3002
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Stoppage is at 5/4 with Boyle.Best price around if people fancy it

---------

Steve's treble

Newcastle vs Preston 1/2
Exeter vs Stockport 8/13
Rochdale vs Dagenham & Redbridge 4/7
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #3003
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I got 11/10 on the stoppage.... Lawton looked good against Matthews but is going in against a proven performer, albeit one probably past his best.

For all you RL fans....

Castleford 6/4 to beat Bradford (at Bradford) - decent odds to me for what looks on paper a pick'em game, I'd expect Cas to be evens at best given their solid start to the season and Bradford's thumping against Saints last week.

Worth 10.
Beeston ! will the city reds do the same again to your underperforimng Rhinos tonight as last season ??

Agree with the tigers there ! ...Bulls still developing as a side but as you say its a pick em ....

Once the sun shines on the Bulls aussie contingent then they will look a good side ...

Fancy Wigan as well 6/4 away to Wazza wolves.... finally Wigan are playing Amos Roberts (good bet for top tryscorer) in the right position and there defence looks awesome this season there really working as a unit ... Wazza had a shoe in against injury hit Quins first up but didnt overly impress me against cassie last week ... once again a bit of sun on there backs and they will look a better side ...
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #3004
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I doubt it, but at 14/1 it's worth 5 as a bet to nothing. Who do you support, btw?

Gonna have a look at the footy now.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #3005
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I doubt it, but at 14/1 it's worth 5 as a bet to nothing. Who do you support, btw?

Gonna have a look at the footy now.
The once great but now on the way back Wigan Warriors mate .... follow the NRL closely too ! ....brilliant game ...
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #3006
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I can't stand Wigan

The fans and players are alright.... perhaps it's all those Challenge Cup finals you've hammered us in or the fact that you win at Headingley every season.

Or Maurice Lindsay

What they did to Noble was disgusting, I know it never really worked out but I heard from someone that he didn't get to choose a lot of the signings, especially from overseas. They've had some right shite from Australia in the past ten years, I thought our record was bad but yours is worse, when you think of the quality youth players Wigan have let go as well....

Anyways.....

A mate of mine went to the Wakefield game and he said they were terrible, Senior missed a few tackles that he'd never have missed two years ago. Time to pension him off I think.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:05 PM   #3007
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I can't stand Wigan

The fans and players are alright.... perhaps it's all those Challenge Cup finals you've hammered us in or the fact that you win at Headingley every season.

Or Maurice Lindsay

What they did to Noble was disgusting, I know it never really worked out but I heard from someone that he didn't get to choose a lot of the signings, especially from overseas. They've had some right shite from Australia in the past ten years, I thought our record was bad but yours is worse, when you think of the quality youth players Wigan have let go as well....

Anyways.....

A mate of mine went to the Wakefield game and he said they were terrible, Senior missed a few tackles that he'd never have missed two years ago. Time to pension him off I think.
Agreed mate weve had some dross from Aussie recently ... unfortunatley I was there when u put 70 on us on a red hot saturday night ... my lad said to me Dad why dont we just save money and not bother ... lol ... he was only 12 at the time but he did have a point !

Think Maguire is gonna do a good job for us - if he gets the best out of our forward line Coley and especially Feka who is a brute then we could really go close this year .... I remeber him mowing down Bailey when he first came onto the scene ... hes a wrecking ball !
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #3008
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I think this will be a decent season for you, whereas we'll struggle a bit and limp into the second stage of the playoffs before losing out.

Just think we are getting to the end with some of these players that are knocking on a bit.

How is Fielden going..... since he got nailed playing against the Aussies I don't think I've seen him have a good game

The double for Wigan and Cas works out at just over 5/1. Defintely worth looking at

Leave Leeds alone. 4/9 at home.... even against Brighton isn't good enough the way we are playing.

There's not a lot that interests me in the footy.... Man Utd are 4/5 to win at Everton, might lay against them.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 PM   #3009
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Anybody watch the cricket?

Great batting from Morgan. Scored twice as many boundaries as anybody else, the only one on both sides that looked capable of hitting regular boundaries. Great talent...
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 12:22 PM   #3010
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
I think this will be a decent season for you, whereas we'll struggle a bit and limp into the second stage of the playoffs before losing out.

Just think we are getting to the end with some of these players that are knocking on a bit.

How is Fielden going..... since he got nailed playing against the Aussies I don't think I've seen him have a good game

The double for Wigan and Cas works out at just over 5/1. Defintely worth looking at

Leave Leeds alone. 4/9 at home.... even against Brighton isn't good enough the way we are playing.

There's not a lot that interests me in the footy.... Man Utd are 4/5 to win at Everton, might lay against them.
Hes not the Fielden of old but hes looking good this season .. working well in tandem with Coley ... but I think this weekend will show alot more when hes up against Carvell and Morley ....
Hows eastwood doing for your lot ? good good player in the NRL if a bit unfashionable ... was excellent last year for the Doggies
Your boys will miss Lee Smith he was a top player and will Ryan Hall have that second season syndrome ... hope not as he is a good finisher and England needs some good wingers ...
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #3011
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post

Great batting from Morgan. Scored twice as many boundaries as anybody else, the only one on both sides that looked capable of hitting regular boundaries. Great talent...
did we win i completely forgot about that ....
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #3012
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryeags View Post
Hes not the Fielden of old but hes looking good this season .. working well in tandem with Coley ... but I think this weekend will show alot more when hes up against Carvell and Morley ....
Hows eastwood doing for your lot ? good good player in the NRL if a bit unfashionable ... was excellent last year for the Doggies
Your boys will miss Lee Smith he was a top player and will Ryan Hall have that second season syndrome ... hope not as he is a good finisher and England needs some good wingers ...
I've never been that big on Morley, as I've probably said to you before. When he first started in the 1st team I didn't see what the hype was about, and little he did before he went to Australia changed my mind. To me he wasn't much better than players like Danny Ward, certainly a step down from the best props in the British game like McDermott, Fielden and O'Connor (who was very underrated)

Smith is a big loss, I was hoping to catch up with him a few weeks ago at a funeral of one of the lads we played with a few years back but he couldn't get time off to come up - according to his brother though who I bumped into a while back he's had bother with Danny Cipriani - Shaun Edwards told Lee to give him a wide berth basically because he is a cunt and unpopular with the rest of the players.... by which time Cipriani had latched onto him.

Hall is a good prospect, but I agree yeah a bit of 2nd season syndrome will come in..... I like the look of the Aussie centre Delaney, he was the only player to have a decent game against Celtic. Eastwood looks a bit tubby to me, I'd have him doing roadwork for a few weeks to sort himself out.

Wish we'd get rid of that fat, overpaid, lazy **** Lauitiiti as well - another player I don't see the fuss over!

We need Webb back and quick
Old 02-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #3013
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post

Yeah.I wrote in the Choi thread-**** Denly off with Prior and bring in Lumb and Kieswetter.With Kieswetter it's just a matter of time anyway
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #3014
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryeags View Post
did we win i completely forgot about that ....
Pissed it in the end.They got 129 batting first.We were 18-3 and won by 7 wkts.Morgan 67* Pietersen 43*

As for betting,Morgan is 6-1 to be Englands top scorer.Only problem is number 5 is quite low in these games
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 12:38 PM   #3015
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoc175 View Post
Yeah.I wrote in the Choi thread-**** Denly off with Prior and bring in Lumb and Kieswetter.With Kieswetter it's just a matter of time anyway
Denly has been shite. He's looked a talent from what I've seen for Kent but he's not ready, he needs time to develop.

Kieswetter has been tearing up trees for England A so thats a good shout. I don't think Denly/Trott will get us off to a good enough start on flat pitches at the world 20/20, we need a Kieswetter to be aggressive and maybe Trott in there to play a long innings.

The middle order looks strong, Collingwood, Pietersen, Morgan.
TFFP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum