Old 02-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #3016
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I've never been that big on Morley, as I've probably said to you before. When he first started in the 1st team I didn't see what the hype was about, and little he did before he went to Australia changed my mind. To me he wasn't much better than players like Danny Ward, certainly a step down from the best props in the British game like McDermott, Fielden and O'Connor (who was very underrated)

Smith is a big loss, I was hoping to catch up with him a few weeks ago at a funeral of one of the lads we played with a few years back but he couldn't get time off to come up - according to his brother though who I bumped into a while back he's had bother with Danny Cipriani - Shaun Edwards told Lee to give him a wide berth basically because he is a cunt and unpopular with the rest of the players.... by which time Cipriani had latched onto him.

Hall is a good prospect, but I agree yeah a bit of 2nd season syndrome will come in..... I like the look of the Aussie centre Delaney, he was the only player to have a decent game against Celtic. Eastwood looks a bit tubby to me, I'd have him doing roadwork for a few weeks to sort himself out.

Wish we'd get rid of that fat, overpaid, lazy **** Lauitiiti as well - another player I don't see the fuss over!

We need Webb back and quick
Barrie McDermott what a ****ing player !!! ....one of my heroes ... a true legend .. gotta say they dont make em like that anymore !

Hope Smith progresses into the national side but just think hes too good for kick n clap ! ... the guys needs ball in the hand and he wont get it enough in union .... and i think everyone agrees Ciprianis a cunt !
mryeags is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2010, 12:50 PM   #3017
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Yeah, I agree, though Chris Ashton has done alright, I'd have him in the starting XV for the next match.

Cipriani has signed for the new team in the Super 14 in Australia..... Johnson had told him that he needed to be playing in Europe to be considered, his response was that he was playing out of his skin () and wasn't being picked, so

Idiot. He's not even that good anyway. Have you seen that high ball that he dropped last week.... saw a couple of guys coming his way, made a half-arsed ''jump'' and bottled it. The Aussies will ****ing hammer him..... I played in the back row as a kid, I'd give my left arm (I'm left handed btw ) to play against him.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #3018
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Lumb is also a good shout, just checked his record. 1 century 10 fifties S/R of 144 Could be a good guy to have coming in at the end.

Not sure what Shah did to get dropped from ODI's and 20/20's...he was one of our best batsman the last few years. They've treated him completely unfairly but I'll presume his face doesn't fit...

Kieswetter
Trott
Pietersen
Collingwood
Morgan
Lumb
Wright
Swann
Broad
Sidebottom
Anderson

Could shape up to be a good team. Batting all the way down to 9, 3 genuine seamers, Collingwood/Wright can bowl too if needed. I'd also keep Rashid in the squad and bring him in depending on the pitch.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 12:56 PM   #3019
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ashton was a great fullback for us - we struggled once radlinski retired and all sorts of jokers playing there .... Dennis Moran who was a decent half back but as a fullback awfull .... Ashton could have been a wigan legend for many years to come but he chose to move on which was a shame !

The aussies will hate Cipriani ... hes in for alot of pain ! .....

I used to play hooker during my union days and prop when i played league ! .... league is by far the toughest sport ive played ....
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #3020
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryeags View Post
Ashton was a great fullback for us - we struggled once radlinski retired and all sorts of jokers playing there .... Dennis Moran who was a decent half back but as a fullback awfull .... Ashton could have been a wigan legend for many years to come but he chose to move on which was a shame !

The aussies will hate Cipriani ... hes in for alot of pain ! .....

I used to play hooker during my union days and prop when i played league ! .... league is by far the toughest sport ive played ....
I think a lucrative deal was on the table and chose to take it.... in league if you are at the top when you reach 32 you've had a good run, in union the money is better and can easily go onto 35.

Most of my league was played at hooker, I was quick off the mark and had a decent pair of hands, but I'm only short-ish and took plenty of punishment..... played against quite a few lads that are in Super League - Scott Murrell was the lad everyone was touting as being a potential superstar, and I'm surprised Carl Ablett made it tbh.

I was much better at union, played as a flanker, had it off to a tee stopping the tackled player releasing the ball without the referee knowing I was doing it illegally, until the beer took over

Who did you play for?
Old 02-19-2010, 01:08 PM   #3021
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
I think a lucrative deal was on the table and chose to take it.... in league if you are at the top when you reach 32 you've had a good run, in union the money is better and can easily go onto 35.

Most of my league was played at hooker, I was quick off the mark and had a decent pair of hands, but I'm only short-ish and took plenty of punishment..... played against quite a few lads that are in Super League - Scott Murrell was the lad everyone was touting as being a potential superstar, and I'm surprised Carl Ablett made it tbh.

I was much better at union, played as a flanker, had it off to a tee stopping the tackled player releasing the ball without the referee knowing I was doing it illegally, until the beer took over

Who did you play for?
Lol...the ale catches up with us all .... played union in Nottingham for Mellish and Nottm 2nds ... im kind of a square shape not tall but wide ..lol

Then when moved over to the coast I played for Blackpool Seaeagles and loved it ... but never felt so much pain until we played Widnes ... christ there big mutha ****ers out there !

I like Murrell is he still with Hull KR ?
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #3022
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Lumb is also a good shout, just checked his record. 1 century 10 fifties S/R of 144 Could be a good guy to have coming in at the end.

Not sure what Shah did to get dropped from ODI's and 20/20's...he was one of our best batsman the last few years. They've treated him completely unfairly but I'll presume his face doesn't fit...

Kieswetter
Trott
Pietersen
Collingwood
Morgan
Lumb
Wright
Swann
Broad
Sidebottom
Anderson

Could shape up to be a good team. Batting all the way down to 9, 3 genuine seamers, Collingwood/Wright can bowl too if needed. I'd also keep Rashid in the squad and bring him in depending on the pitch.
Yeah Shah was treated unfairly

Lumb is somebody who I've liked for some time.Carberry is another.Athletic aswell,quick in the field.Lumb has a good technique aswell as being able to hit boundaries so he's a versatile player which is ideal

That team you listed looks good to me.Swap Broad and Swann in the order.I'm not sure about Wright but who replaces him?
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 02-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #3023
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryeags View Post
Lol...the ale catches up with us all .... played union in Nottingham for Mellish and Nottm 2nds ... im kind of a square shape not tall but wide ..lol

Then when moved over to the coast I played for Blackpool Seaeagles and loved it ... but never felt so much pain until we played Widnes ... christ there big mutha ****ers out there !

I like Murrell is he still with Hull KR ?
Snap.... I just hated all the gym training and stuff. Those that took it seriously that I knew are still playing, some at a decent level.

Widnes had a decent team around the time Blackpool were going, no wonder you felt it afterwards

Yeah Murrell is still at Hull KR, didn't really know him that well to be honest, only as a mate of a mate. He used to be really up himself until Leeds released him, seems then he sorted himself out and got back into SL, so fair play to him.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #3024
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

Tomorrow football-anybody had a look?

Cardiff vs Barnsley 4/6
Barnsley have lost their last 3

Wolves vs Chelsea 1/3

That as a double pays about 6/5
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2010, 05:45 AM   #3025
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoc175 View Post
Tomorrow football-anybody had a look?

Cardiff vs Barnsley 4/6
Barnsley have lost their last 3

Wolves vs Chelsea 1/3

That as a double pays about 6/5
That works for me. Cardiff are strong at home and have only lost to good sides recently. Chelsea on a good run, although I wouldn't necessarily expect too many goals in that game they should take it.

I've got Cardiff in with Newcastle. Double pays at 1.49/1 on Bet365.
RichT is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2010, 07:27 AM   #3026
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

Lay multiple....

Sunderland, Wolves, Burnley, Wigan - 1/2

Hull, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Peterborough, Brighton, Southampton, Dagenham, Darlington - 15/2
Old 02-20-2010, 07:38 AM   #3027
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post
That works for me. Cardiff are strong at home and have only lost to good sides recently. Chelsea on a good run, although I wouldn't necessarily expect too many goals in that game they should take it.

I've got Cardiff in with Newcastle. Double pays at 1.49/1 on Bet365.
Yeah I kept the faith in Claridge and his treble includes Newcastle

All the best
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 02-20-2010, 10:33 AM   #3028
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 600

****ing unpredictable Tykes

RichT is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 10:01 AM   #3029
dandur55
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Super six outright winners Kessler M 7/1,
What do you guys think?
There is no way Kessler going to loose in Denmark to Froch, unless Froch KO him, which is most unlikely to happen.
If Kessler wins and I do believe he will, Kessler will be again favourite
I may bet 25 on Kessler to win outright
dandur55 is online now  Top
Old 02-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #3030
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandur55 View Post
Super six outright winners Kessler M 7/1,
What do you guys think?
There is no way Kessler going to loose in Denmark to Froch, unless Froch KO him, which is most unlikely to happen.
If Kessler wins and I do believe he will, Kessler will be again favourite
I may bet 25 on Kessler to win outright
Im a Kessler fan but he was seriously outclassed by Ward .... not sure i can see him turning the tables with that one but then again stranger things have happened ...
mryeags is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum