Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #3451
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: uk
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Harbhajan bailed me out the other day scoring 40 odd off about 15 balls
He has to be the least stylist batsman in the world ... but he can be effective !

This games poised nicely for Mumbai to get a big score ...
mryeags is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 11:27 AM   #3452
Leo Ross
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Paphos, Cyprus
Posts: 144
vCash: 713
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Both champions league games to have under 2.5 goals looks canny today. None of the teams will open up, a couple of catious draws I reckon.....
Leo Ross is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:44 AM   #3453
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: S Wales
Posts: 5,923
vCash: 2019
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Ross View Post
Both champions league games to have under 2.5 goals looks canny today. None of the teams will open up, a couple of catious draws I reckon.....
Stick the four draws in a lucky 15.

Fair bet, I do it every year for the 1st leg quarters.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #3454
Cpt_Vodka
Teddy Atlas
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 414
vCash: 446
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Ross View Post
Both champions league games to have under 2.5 goals looks canny today. None of the teams will open up, a couple of catious draws I reckon.....

I think the Man U vs. Bayern will, open up...

I like the over in that one, and I also fancy Bordeaux to win...
Cpt_Vodka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:46 PM   #3455
Leo Ross
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Paphos, Cyprus
Posts: 144
vCash: 713
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Vodka View Post
I think the Man U vs. Bayern will, open up...

I like the over in that one, and I also fancy Bordeaux to win...
Glad my bet wasnt a biggin, both games look like they're going to be goalfests.....BOLLOX!!!
Leo Ross is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #3456
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 900
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Haye KO Win - 4/1
Hopkins KO Win - 7/1
Kessler UD Win - 9/2
Mayweather Win (outright) -2/7
Khan Win (outright) - 1/5

5 pays @1800
gasman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:45 PM   #3457
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavk
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Haye KO Win - 4/1
Hopkins KO Win - 7/1
Kessler UD Win - 9/2
Mayweather Win (outright) -2/7
Khan Win (outright) - 1/5

5 pays @1800
Where are you getting these wildly optimistic odds? Haye is odds on to stop Ruiz, Hopkins is closer to 2/1 to stop Roy Jones and Kessler is a best of 11/4 to win by decision.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #3458
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 900
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Where are you getting these wildly optimistic odds? Haye is odds on to stop Ruiz, Hopkins is closer to 2/1 to stop Roy Jones and Kessler is a best of 11/4 to win by decision.
Skybet. Hopkins, haye, Kessler bets are 'exact method of outcome' - I did the bet a couple of days ago, hopkins was 7/1 for KO win, he is now 6/1, I got Haye KO win at 4/1 - I think it is now 5/2 etc.
gasman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:54 PM   #3459
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 13,328
vCash: 999
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Where are you getting these wildly optimistic odds? Haye is odds on to stop Ruiz, Hopkins is closer to 2/1 to stop Roy Jones and Kessler is a best of 11/4 to win by decision.
I think it is just exact method of victory, not including TKO, DQ etc.

Edit: As pointed out above
kosaros is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #3460
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 900
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

TFFP - what do you think of those picks?
gasman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #3461
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavk
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Skybet. Hopkins, haye, Kessler bets are 'exact method of outcome' - I did the bet a couple of days ago, hopkins was 7/1 for KO win, he is now 6/1, I got Haye KO win at 4/1 - I think it is now 5/2 etc.
Ah, that makes more sense. I see why the odds are so long now. I think the picks are fine but obviously to get the KO's is going to require a big chunk of fortune hence the price. Hopkins and Haye havn't often done that. If you take a percentage of their wins the KO would be pretty small I'd think and we're in the era of ref stoppages, so...to get two would be tough.

Still, give it a stab
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #3462
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavk
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Then again Roy Jones has been knocked out cold twice in recent years so you've got hope there. Glen Johnson is not a big puncher so in theory that is on the cards.

KO'ing Ruiz will be a lot more difficult but it has happened so you've got hope
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:04 PM   #3463
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 900
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Then again Roy Jones has been knocked out cold twice in recent years so you've got hope there. Glen Johnson is not a big puncher so in theory that is on the cards.

KO'ing Ruiz will be a lot more difficult but it has happened so you've got hope
I am actually most confident about that one. I did a 20 single on Haye KO at 4/1 odds. I think Ruiz is going to make Haye look class and Haye will use this defence to make a statement.
gasman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:06 PM   #3464
gasman
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,068
vCash: 900
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Ah, that makes more sense. I see why the odds are so long now. I think the picks are fine but obviously to get the KO's is going to require a big chunk of fortune hence the price. Hopkins and Haye havn't often done that. If you take a percentage of their wins the KO would be pretty small I'd think and we're in the era of ref stoppages, so...to get two would be tough.

Still, give it a stab
Yeah - I hear you. I only stuck a fiver on it as it is worth a punt. Hopkins KO win could be the worse pick as I have a gut feeling these two are only going to go through the motions as the whole match up is such a farce anyway.
gasman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:11 PM   #3465
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavk
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
I am actually most confident about that one. I did a 20 single on Haye KO at 4/1 odds. I think Ruiz is going to make Haye look class and Haye will use this defence to make a statement.
I'm not so sure, I think the ref stoppage is more on the cards for this. The ref stoppage is always a favoured outcome by far statistically in any fight but I think of the two Roy Jones is more likely to get KO'd cleanly. A sneaky right hand from Hopkins or the left-hook...I could imagine it. If Glen can do it why not?

But Ruiz has been stopped once in total and it was by KO but it took the raw power of a Tua left-hook and Ruiz is much stronger now. If you think about Haye's big stoppages, Enzo got back up and the ref waved it off. Mormeck got back up and the ref waved it off. Fragomeni took a bit of a shellacking until the ref called it a day. The only big one I can think of is Gurov who is known for having a weak chin. I also think the 'UK Factor' is one to consider, refs do seem to like stepping in when somebody is hurt.

But yeah, nothing is ever cut and dry or this logical in boxing. When you have speed and power anything is possible.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013