Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 10:07 PM   #9616
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,447
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I can't really ignore the 8/13 available for United vs Blackpool despite the circumstances. Massively tempting.
djoc175 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2011, 05:16 AM   #9617
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Went with Pozzovivo (40/1) and Sella (16/1) both e/w in todays stage of the giro...
leo_messi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:29 AM   #9618
jim holton
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoc175 View Post
I can't really ignore the 8/13 available for United vs Blackpool despite the circumstances. Massively tempting.

Very very rare to get Utd at those odds at home. A so called 2nd team will be on duty, but they demolished a (admittedly piss poor) Schalke outfit, amongst others.

Rooney is asking to play, so don't be surprised if he does or takes part in some of the game...those odds will disappear if so. No Fergie team rests on it's laurels, and Berbvatov etc will be starters without a doubt.

Should be goals in this, as the tangerines' defence has chuckle brothers quality about it, but going forward they can score against anyone.
jim holton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:30 AM   #9619
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoc175 View Post
I can't really ignore the 8/13 available for United vs Blackpool despite the circumstances. Massively tempting.
Great bet mate, I am all over it.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #9620
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,342
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

To me there's no need to rest anybody.

Blackpool at home is an ideal ''tune-up'' for Barcelona. They've got something to play for, but they aren't that good.

I'd have all the big guns either starting or on the bench, I wouldn't want to go into the CL final with all my best players having had two weeks off.

Plus Fergie won't want a repeat of the criticism he got for throwing *cough* sorry not picking his best team for the West Ham game a couple of years ago. It's not worth it.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:43 AM   #9621
jim holton
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
To me there's no need to rest anybody.

Blackpool at home is an ideal ''tune-up'' for Barcelona. They've got something to play for, but they aren't that good.

I'd have all the big guns either starting or on the bench, I wouldn't want to go into the CL final with all my best players having had two weeks off.

Plus Fergie won't want a repeat of the criticism he got for throwing *cough* sorry not picking his best team for the West Ham game a couple of years ago. It's not worth it.

Fergie won't give a monkeys about the FA, and why should he? He played a 2nd string at Hull last year on the last day, and won 1-0. Not worth taking chances in such a high tempo game and two weeks is **** all after such a long season.

Vidic, ferdinand, Evra, Van der Sar? Carrick, deffo won't play, possibly one of Nani/Valencia will get minutes and Berbatov. As i say Rooney would be the odds crasher if he's named.
jim holton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:54 AM   #9622
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,342
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Were they in the Champion's League final that year?

I'm not sure

Each to their own.... but I'd want at least six or seven of them to get 60 minutes under their belt before Saturday. I mean, I wouldn't have Carrick in the side for Barca because I don't rate him....

My side for Sunday would look something like...

VDS

O'Shea
Evra
Vidic/Ferdinand
Evans

Scholes (because he shouldn't be within a million miles of Barca!)
Carrick
Park
Nani

Berbatov
Rooney

Rooney is the sort that needs to play every week, if he's in and out of the side he loses his rhythm, which has taken him a year to get back. VDS should be a cert, against a better side than Blackburn they'd have been turned over last week because of that clown in goal.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:07 AM   #9623
jim holton
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

The only way VDS plays, is if Fergie lets him takes the plaudits with it being his last game at Old Trafford. Otherwise, the guy needs wrapping in cotton wool. This game has no meaning why take the risk?

Same with other VIP's. Rio's always carrying a knock so he won't be playing, neither will vidic and Park. Carrick will play at wembley, he's served the team well in his current position in the latter stages of the season.

Can't see the relevance of last year European cup final. The fact that there in it this year, gives the importance of playing a weaker side, as they did last year.
jim holton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:11 AM   #9624
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,342
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

You were the one who raised the point about them playing a weakened side against Hull, not me

I suppose it depends on the state the players are in, but if it were me I'd rather have a group primed and ready to go than players that have been kicking their heels for two weeks.

Each to their own
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:23 AM   #9625
jim holton
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Playing safe mid table visiters, i could see half the 1st team playing. But not v a side fighting for their lives AND with Charlie Adam in it. This guy is filth.

Reckon Ferguson knows the script about cup finals preperations to be fair. There's a testimonial on tuesdayy also, maybe a kickabout for some other first teamers?

Keep tabs on that 8/13 if Rooney gets his wish.
jim holton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #9626
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: S Wales
Posts: 5,923
vCash: 2019
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Blackpool at home is an ideal ''tune-up'' for Barcelona.
You Leeds fans are bonkers
Grant1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:25 AM   #9627
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim holton View Post
Fergie won't give a monkeys about the FA, and why should he? He played a 2nd string at Hull last year on the last day, and won 1-0. Not worth taking chances in such a high tempo game and two weeks is **** all after such a long season.

Vidic, ferdinand, Evra, Van der Sar? Carrick, deffo won't play, possibly one of Nani/Valencia will get minutes and Berbatov. As i say Rooney would be the odds crasher if he's named.

Fergie has said

VDS
Evra
Anderson
Scholes
Berbatov

will play, Blackpool are shit United will smash them.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #9628
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 350
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I'd rather put money on Spurs to beat B'Ham. I think Man utd - blackpool is a dodgy game!!
Flexe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #9629
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,342
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim holton View Post
Playing safe mid table visiters, i could see half the 1st team playing. But not v a side fighting for their lives AND with Charlie Adam in it. This guy is filth.

Reckon Ferguson knows the script about cup finals preperations to be fair. There's a testimonial on tuesdayy also, maybe a kickabout for some other first teamers?

Keep tabs on that 8/13 if Rooney gets his wish.
I dunno, you can have bad tackles in any game to be honest.

As I say, it's only my opinion and you are entitled to disagree with it.... Fergie knows what he's doing of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
You Leeds fans are bonkers


I didn't mean in terms of how good they are! I mean they're one of few teams that will go to Old Trafford and actually try and win (mainly because they have to!)

Nice little run out methinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
Fergie has said

VDS
Evra
Anderson
Scholes
Berbatov

will play, Blackpool are shit United will smash them.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 06:30 AM   #9630
jim holton
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
Fergie has said

VDS
Evra
Anderson
Scholes
Berbatov

will play, Blackpool are shit United will smash them.

Thats at the most, two champions league final starters then.

End to end this'll be.
jim holton is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013