Old 01-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #13531
Escobar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Who for?
Don't really want to say matey, privacy and all that!! Two big companies though. Thoroughly enjoy it and make good profits so thought I'd start blogging about it. Hope you enjoy (if you bother to ever look at it!)
Escobar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2012, 05:21 PM   #13532
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escobar View Post
Don't really want to say matey, privacy and all that!! Two big companies though. Thoroughly enjoy it and make good profits so thought I'd start blogging about it. Hope you enjoy (if you bother to ever look at it!)
Fair enough mate.

If you're posting winners I'll keep reading...
WalletInspector is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 05:24 PM   #13533
Escobar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Ha, I'll try my best! Probably couldn't have picked a worse weekend to start blogging as there's very little on this weekend. Can't find anything for the Frampton fight yet of value but hopefully some books will start pricing the undercard fights up in the next few days so. Ta for your comments
Escobar is offline  Top
Old 01-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #13534
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

You'll be blogging on the link above then?
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 04:09 AM   #13535
Escobar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Indeed. The idea is to blog on a Friday about the upcoming weekends fights and tipping up value and then another blog on the Monday reviewing the action from the weekend
Escobar is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 04:18 AM   #13536
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Indeed. The idea is to blog on a Friday about the upcoming weekends fights and tipping up value and then another blog on the Monday reviewing the action from the weekend
I will be taking a look as well, whilst you are on there Escobar how about previewing odds coming up as well, for instance how in hell have the compilers got Berto fav against Ortiz, surely there is no reason to make him favourite based on the last fight, I could just about swallow an each of two quote as it was close but 4/7 and 8/15 quotes for Berto are way off.

Availed myself of the early 6/4 Ortiz simply on a value perspective.

Last edited by micky; 01-24-2012 at 04:19 AM. Reason: spelling
micky is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 04:43 AM   #13537
Escobar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I will be matey. Most bookies go up a good two months before a fight so the value is usually to be found way in advance before the market falls in to place. Things such as method of victory would usually be priced up the week of the fight (unless it's a big fight) but fight odds go up way in advance. I agree entirely on Ortiz. I priced it up as pick em fight so the 6/4 Ortiz is 10% value. The general rule with betting on any sport is it's a bet if it's 5% value or more
Escobar is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 05:25 AM   #13538
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I will be matey. Most bookies go up a good two months before a fight so the value is usually to be found way in advance before the market falls in to place. Things such as method of victory would usually be priced up the week of the fight (unless it's a big fight) but fight odds go up way in advance. I agree entirely on Ortiz. I priced it up as pick em fight so the 6/4 Ortiz is 10% value. The general rule with betting on any sport is it's a bet if it's 5% value or more
I take it with things such as the Berto/Ortiz fight you have to hold your prices back because of the others being so far out of the correct line, if you went up 5/6 you would get filled in I am guessing, must be really frustrating.
micky is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #13539
Escobar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Depends on how you want to play things. If you've got a view, there would be no point in going 10/11 the pair when Berto is 4/7 best price. I could get the business on Berto by going 4/6 best price. There's no point in laying Berto with the punters at 10/11 when you'd get the same business at 4/6 for example. It's all about knowing what price people will back someone at in relation to the general market price
Escobar is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #13540
micky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Depends on how you want to play things. If you've got a view, there would be no point in going 10/11 the pair when Berto is 4/7 best price. I could get the business on Berto by going 4/6 best price. There's no point in laying Berto with the punters at 10/11 when you'd get the same business at 4/6 for example. It's all about knowing what price people will back someone at in relation to the general market price
Makes sense, look forward to reading your weekly columns, good late matey
micky is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #13541
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You just neeeded to take 1 look at the rigo-ramos fight odds early doors to confirm this.

Like printing money.
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 07:01 AM   #13542
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo_messi View Post
You just neeeded to take 1 look at the rigo-ramos fight odds early doors to confirm this.

Like printing money.
What amazes me is that they didn't cancel all bets when the fight was originally cancelled. They must have took a beating on that one.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #13543
Escobar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

The standard rule is that all bets stand if the bout takes place within 30 days of the original date. Otherwise, bets can be voided if the said bookmaker wants to
Escobar is offline  Top
Old 01-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #13544
WalletInspector
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
The standard rule is that all bets stand if the bout takes place within 30 days of the original date. Otherwise, bets can be voided if the said bookmaker wants to
I thought the standard rule was that they can do whatever they want?
Old 01-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #13545
Escobar
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Ha, unfortunately that's true in many cases. The industry is getting less and less punter friendly as the years go by
Escobar is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum