Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs

Old 12-31-2011, 09:08 AM   #121
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: El Puma/Warpuma Chronicles

“May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.”
― Neil Gaiman
El Puma is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 01:04 PM   #122
El Puma
ESB Addict

"Fran"

6:03

I love my improvement thus far.

"If a hurricane that wreaks havoc on a whole town can be Fran, so can a workout."
-Coach Glassman

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2nsZ9Lbz-8&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by El Puma; 12-31-2011 at 01:19 PM.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 12-31-2011, 05:03 PM   #123
El Puma
ESB Addict

My dreams during state of sleep haunt and taunt me. They are fragments of dreams I've had while awake. I stopped daydreaming and I stopped thinking of things that can never be. I work with what I have and accept what life has given me and go from there. There is no room in my life for dreams.

My ambition is to live my legend. Expressing my spiritual self through the physical plane on and at some of the world's toughest arenas (Ultramarathons, CrossFit competitions,etc) Surrender myself to an ideal. And ideal based on inspiring people to climb their mountains.

This is a story about overcoming. It's also about faith... forgiveness... and fighting for yourself. I have and will continue to use each ordeal, each heartache and failure, to become a better man, in the service of others.

Fears? I have one. Not getting back up to fight after being knocked around and down. I've committed many mistakes in my life because of who I am and aspects of my life have blinded me from seeing something important to the situation at the time. More often than not, I have always found the solution...but with great loss.
This will never change as this is what life is about. I have to keep going despite knowing full well that the higher the mountain, the harder the fall will be. Sometimes...it's only pain and sadness that makes us who we are.

The kind of mark I wish to leave is to have been able to inspire if even just one person to change how they live their life for the better. That none of us are beyond saving. Because we are all worth it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KulgyJSt_mM[/ame]

Last edited by El Puma; 01-02-2012 at 02:10 PM.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #124
El Puma
ESB Addict

Started 2012 off with "Barbara" and CrossFit Games marathon on ESPN2. It's going to be an epic year indeed.

-20 pull-ups
-30 push ups
-40 sit ups
-50 squats 5 rounds with 3:00 rest between rounds.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2012, 02:07 PM   #125
El Puma
ESB Addict

Day off from work. Took advantage by doing "20 pieces of Angie" I have to say...they are brutal on me but I love the women CrossFit has brought into my life.

20 rounds for time of

5 pull ups

5 push ups

5 sit ups

5 squats.

17:30

I think as a I get closer to the CF Open, I will do 2 a days 2-4 times a week.

We will see how today's WOD at class goes.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #126
El Puma
ESB Addict

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxD36WdHpQY&context=C3d72926ADOEgsToPDskJ2iQpWbAKkeReZ5dRLZu2n[/ame]
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #127
El Puma
ESB Addict

Now for the fun part, what is the first WOD of 2012?
20 Min AMRAP:2 Rounds of "Cindy" (5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 15 squats equals 1 round)1 Round of "DT" (12 deadlifts, 9 hang power cleans, 6 push jerks @ 155#/105#)

Nothing like a good suffer fest to break in the new building.

Had to go lower than RX (135lbs) otherwise, I'll be stuck at "DT" longer than necessary.

"People think it's an obsession. A compulsion. As if there were an irresistible impulse to act. It's never been like that. I chose this life. I know what I'm doing. And on any given day, I could stop doing it. Today, however, isn't that day. And tomorrow won't be either." - Identity Crisis

4 rounds with time stopping me at my 2nd air squat in the 1st round of "Cindy"

I also am going hard core Paleo today for 30 days. However it affects my runs, I have to push through it.

**** impossible.

I'm going out for my run. I have promises to keep and goals to meet and exceed. I can't stop now, it has to be who I am.

"Bruce: This can't be real
Ego: Reality isn't the issue. Whether this is happening in the far reaches of space... or on the head of a pin is irrelevant. what you need to know is... I WILL NOT be dismissed." Batman: Ego

Last edited by El Puma; 01-03-2012 at 10:27 PM.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #128
El Puma
ESB Addict

WOD: 10 minute AMRAP
5 Shoulder presses, 115#
5 Strict pull-ups
30 Double unders (90 singles)

6 rounds and change!!!! (2 shoulder presses)

It was a good night and I made a promise to myself to hold off on the running until tomorrow night in order to taper properly for the race.

As I perused the Lounge today....I came across a few threads that included posters who have had bad relationships with women. While I have had some bad experiences (fault at both ends) I do not share their attitude. I mention this because some of you reading this know what I have been through lately. Sometimes....there's no turning back once you choose the road the rest of your life will follow.

[At Bruce's parents' grave]
"It doesn't mean I don't care anymore. I don't want to let you down, honest, but... but it just doesn't hurt so bad anymore. You can understand that, can't you? Look, I can give money to the city - they can hire more cops. Let someone else take the risk, but it's different now!
[thunder and lightning]
Please! I need it to be different now. I know I made a promise, but I didn't see this coming. I didn't count on being happy."

Batman: "I tried to save you."

Catwoman: "Seems like every woman you try to save ends up dead... or deeply resentful....Maybe you should retire."

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI_x1vl5vh4[/ame]

Last edited by El Puma; 05-25-2013 at 07:52 AM.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #129
El Puma
ESB Addict

I know I have not posted for a bit. The training has intensified and i have been killing the workouts.

I did two WOD's today. "Mary'' 7 rounds and change in the morning and "Cindy" w a 15-20 pound loaded backpack. 16 rounds plus change. Both were 20 min AMRAP.

Time for hill sprints. I will update when I can.

Believe.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #130
El Puma
ESB Addict

"Make friends with pain and you will never be alone"

The following is from the 50 miler in Chicago I ran in October 2010. I finished the last leg with a person whose heart and drive exceeded my own in that he helped carry me to the end. I will always appreciate him and his family for that. Thank you Graham.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #131
El Puma
ESB Addict

WOD: "Exploding 15's" (side note - I can't believe I actually named this WOD and thought it was cool - it's from way back in 2009)
5 Rounds for time of:
15 Squat jumps
15 Chest-to-bar pull-ups
15 Clapping push-ups
15 Toes-to-bar

**** me.....that was a lot of fun. If fun was painful and in need of an oxygen tank like someone suggested. lol Let's do it again =)

21:26 (?) 2nd fastest in class. I don't know it's in the video on my Facebook.

Little bit of a cold but one more intense day and I can rest for 2 days prior to the half marathon. 2 weeks later another half marathon, the CrossFit Open at the end of February and the Lake shore 50k at the end of March.

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult."

- Seneca

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."

-Alan Cohen

"There's no better place to search for hope than the future; a concept that gives everyone in existence a reason to live."

- Amy Newak

Live. Your. Song.

BELIEVE.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaGU3IoRFkU[/ame]
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #132
El Puma
ESB Addict

Wednesday, January 11 2012
INTENSITY

I googled "intensity" images, and this poster came up. Arnold was best at what he did because he brought the intensity during his workouts. The best crossfitters on the planet definitely bring the intensity. If you want to reach that next level of fitness, then you have to bring it as well. Today's WOD is no exception. Running a mile can be fairly easy if you relax and pace yourself through it, but your gains from running that comfortable mile will be minimal at best. Instead, run as fast as you can, make it as uncomfortable as possible, and leave nothing in the tank. Do this each time you workout, and you will see and feel the difference.

WOD: Run 1 mile for time. Rest 10 minutes. Repeat.

Sub 2K Row for run if needed.

My main competition were my Saturday teammates. both 6'3 maybe 6'4 and built like gazelles. Yeah, I had quite the task ahead of me but all those hill sprints and all those yesterdays were about to pay off.....

I started off like a rocket but slowly Joe reeled me in with his smooth stride and long legs. I didn't panic as I actually anticipated this happening. I set a furious pace and now I got to play the part of the hunter.

A voice from the past sounded off in my mind "Just pick them off, one by one."

I only had the one. And I was right on him with our respective shadows overlapping.

Final stretch...it was on. Took the final sprint for best in class.

6:10

2nd mile I started off again like a rocket and Joe seemed to have taken a page out of my book in the sense that he waited for me to tire before trying to overtake the lead. I think of all the people that gave up on me and why I fight for the rest of you. I remember all that I've lost and why I refuse to quit.

"He understood how Skywalker was getting stronger. Why he no longer spoke. How he had become a machine of battle. He understood why Sidious had been so interested in him for so long.

Skywalker was a natural.

There was a thermonuclear furnace where his heart should be, and it was burning through the firewalls of his Jedi training. He held the Force in the clench of a white-hot fist. He was half Sith already, and he didn't even know it.

This boy had the gift of fury."

Leave nothing. **** impossible.

I take the last 100 meter sprint and edge him out by a second.

2nd mile 6:27 1st place overall

Oh and I ran them in my Nike skater shoes lol

I'm ready for Saturday. It's the path I've chosen for the rest of my life.

"Blessed with no sense of time, the crow can live simultaneously in the past, present and future. With such freedom, a being can freely navigate between the worlds of light and darkness. It takes such a mystical and cosmic perspective to 'create the world', which is what the crow accomplished in the belief system of the Athapaskan people in Alaska. His special talents are equally required to lead souls on their final journey through the darkness. "
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #133
El Puma
ESB Addict

The explosive 15's video from a couple days ago.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmOI3EQfJcY&list=HL1326373892&feature=mh_lolz[/ame]
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-12-2012, 07:46 PM   #134
El Puma
ESB Addict

Ugh...stupid snow. My half marathon was postponed until next week and we have a day off at CrossFit.

Might as well post some more Youtube goodness from class.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsEUKWrKrbo&context=C33a05f5ADOEgsToPDskLtHuHk1ieACPRmwGCosaRs[/ame]
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 01-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #135
Mohak
RIP Smokin' Joe
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Keep pushing mate. Strive for greatness.
Mohak is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs