Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 03-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Jack in White Bread, Jack in Sodium.

Leave this stuff alone, about 2 weeks ago. I started eating 10 pieces of white bread a day, 5 with my dinner..and 5 pieces before bed with other food. I have always enjoyed eating bread, it's one of the finer things in life in my opinion. I was also drinking a load of this Herbal Tea Formula which contains loads of sodium, just like white bread. I noticed my weight dramatically changing, just by appearance.

I thought it was muscle gain, but it all came to a head afew days ago. I started waking up in the morning, and my lower back or i presume my kidneys where hurting me. I just thought nothing of it, but later on in the day. I was ruining down the stairs, and my pecks where just bouncing.

I thought to myself..

"Dense muscle should not act in this manner"

I have always known that sodium, make's you retain water. And it can also damage your kidneys, i must have been having immense amounts of sodium. I was massive, my face was puffy and i just didn't feel good.

As of 2 days ago, i have cut out all white bread from my diet. And i also now drink Nettle tea.....................i now eat whole grain bread instead.

My face is still abit puffy, but my waste and other body parts have become smaller in size dramatically..looks like i have lost 8lbs. I still think my kidneys are abit damaged, so i am just helping myself along by eating oats, drinking plenty of water and drinking Nettle tea.

In small amounts you need sodium, but please don't over do it.
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202
Default Re: Jack in White Bread, Jack in Sodium.

I've switched to unrefined sea salt for my sodium intake, because of its mineral profile. As soon as the weather improves I'll get me some seaweed. I only eat very dark whole grain bread, rye is the best one. You could also add more teas and herbs to your mix, a lot of them have urinary effects (they make you piss a lot). My tea includes nettle as well, along with two dozen other teas and herbs (redbush, longjing, mint, nettle, liquorice, etc, etc, see the recipe thread). I look more cut than ever (see my log) so I doubt it's the tea.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

My kidneys are hurting abit now.....
Old 03-02-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
TheRock49
Contender
ESB Senior Member

You shouldnt really eat anything a couple hours before bed.
TheRock49 is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock49 View Post
You should.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
BlackWater
G.Wash.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2092

Quote:
Why?
BlackWater is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #7
TheRock49
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWater View Post
Why?
Beats me... Ive just been told that by several people... RDJ could you clear up whether you should or shouldnt? You seem to be knowledgable about that thing.
TheRock49 is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #8
BlackWater
G.Wash.
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2092

Quote:
Beats me... Ive just been told that by several people... RDJ could you clear up whether you should or shouldnt? You seem to be knowledgable about that thing.
The belief is that you will gain weight if you eat before bed, not necessarily a bad thing depending on your goals.
BlackWater is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2009, 04:02 PM   #9
pijo
Feed the Pope
ESB Addict

vCash: 106

I think it is because you put weight on if you sleep on your food but I always have some cereal because I get really hungry at night and you eat loads the following morning if you're starving at night.
pijo is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'm no authority on it by any means, but I do eat before sleep. You need to recover, it's not like your body shuts down at night. Recovery takes carbs, fats, protein and micro nutrients. Besides metabolism will be going through the roof if it was a workout day, if I don't eat for hours prior to sleep I'll go to bed hungry and I hate that. No matter what I eat I always wake up starving and I'm not gaining fat either.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWater View Post
The belief is that you will gain weight if you eat before bed, not necessarily a bad thing depending on your goals.
Doesn't that depend on what you did prior to that? Muscles need to recover and possibly be replenished, same goes for the nervous system, your heart still needs to pump blood around, etc. I always wake up hungry and I'm actually losing fat instead of gaining it.
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2009, 08:31 PM   #12
Blue145
Belt holder
ESB Addict

10 slices a day.. everything in moderation, you can't just eat lots of one thing, it won't benefit you as you'd like it to.
Blue145 is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2009, 08:51 PM   #13
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Sometimes i would have 12 slices a day, that 1300 calories from white bread. ha ha

On training days, i would eat 12.....
Old 03-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #14
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
I'm no authority on it by any means, but I do eat before sleep. You need to recover, it's not like your body shuts down at night. Recovery takes carbs, fats, protein and micro nutrients. Besides metabolism will be going through the roof if it was a workout day, if I don't eat for hours prior to sleep I'll go to bed hungry and I hate that. No matter what I eat I always wake up starving and I'm not gaining fat either.
Sounds a lot like the warrior diet. I must post it.
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 03-02-2009, 10:23 PM   #15
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

Diet Fallacy #3. Eating late will make you fat

Ori Hofmekler
author of The Warrior Diet

Exposed: The Top Ten Diet Fallacies -
And The Truth to Set You Free

Diet Fallacy #3. EATING LATE will make you fat

It has been commonly assumed that night is the worst time to eat. The logic: night is when the body typically slows down and therefore is more prone to gain fat. Makes sense, but is it true?

There are no conclusive studies or any evidence to prove the assumption that eating late meals causes fat gain more than eating early meals.

Studies reveal that other variables such as the frequency of meals, the glycemic index of food, calorie intake and hormonal balance are the real “power brokers” in the body’s capacity to burn or gain fat.

Even so the notion that eating late causes fat gain is deep rooted. The reason: for most people, who typically eat several meals during the day, any additional meal including a late meal maybe “one too many”. The result is an overwhelming overloading effect on the body often involving fat gain. Does it mean that eating late is a bad idea? Quite the opposite. If daily food intake is planned properly and the evening meal turns to be the main meal, then eating late could be highly rewarding.

There is a substantial amount of evidence that we humans have adapted well to nightly eating. We carry the same genes of our hunter-gatherer ancestors, who were primarily busy gathering or hunting during the daily hours and eating during the nightly hours, while at rest.

Indeed, our body is biologically preprogrammed to work around the circadian clock (i.e. active during the day and relaxing at night). Our inner clock is controlled by two antagonistic autonomic nervous systems: the SNS, with its highly alert “fight or flight” state, responsible for action and reaction to stress during the day, and the PSNS, responsible for relaxation, digestion and sleep during the night. (See Top Ten Diet Fallacies, Fallacy # 1). For that matter our body digests and utilizes nutrients better at night while at rest, than during the highly stressful hours of the day.

Furthermore, night is the time when growth hormone (GH) reaches a peak level. (Peak secretion during non-REM, SWS deep sleep). GH is known to be a potent muscle and bone builder and a fat burner. Late meals, if applied correctly could be most anabolic.

Note that GH actions can not be effectively finalized without the interference of insulin. Late meals, may well take advantage of max GH spike during the night, providing the nutrients required for actually facilitating GH actions, thus promoting protein synthesis in the muscle tissues and fat burning (in particular, abdominal fat).

In conclusion, do not betray your biological destiny. Don’t deny yourself from eating late meals. If you do, your body may come back with a vengeance, to reclaim what was taken away from him, often inducing chronic cravings for food at night, which may result in nocturnal bingeing. Finally, late meals often have a relaxing effect on the body, preparing you for sleep. If nothing else, late meals can help bring a happy end for a tough day.

Ori Hofmekler is the author of The Warrior Diet and Maximum Muscle,
Minimum Fat, published by Dragon Door Publications,
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ], 1-800-899-5111. For more information on the
Warrior Diet Fat Loss Program and Controlled Fatigue Training (CFT)
certification seminars log onto [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] or call
818-992-1994 (866)WAR-DIET
El Puma is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing