Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #16
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
Posts: 10,722
vCash: 300
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

My source actually is my working alongside him and Roosavelt Mckinley just after Jail.. My friend Dale signed him to Lonsdale boxing gear for a lot of his initial post prison press workouts.. I saw it for myself at Golden Gloves Gym in Las Vegas, and i saw and heard a lot of sparring partners exchange thier own stories about what they were taking, I lost a friend who took steroids who was also a Tyson sparring partner around 97, he told me it was very much common place.. Albert passed of a heart attack in 2001.. i am sad to say more than likely because he reacted to an orally taken substance .. i just got the giste of what was taking place by listening around the gym.. I also saw Mikes body immediately after Prison .. He was not over cut , but his upper pectorals were not puffed out and as full as they appeared by the time he faced Mcneeley.. I heard a conversation once about how food suppliments were just not doing the trick at bulking Mike back to the same physical shape , Stanley Allen was another sparring partner who spoke openly about how MGH was what Mike was advised to to take. I am no expert.. I just know what was going on.. I dont think it was like a massive hush hush thing , it was just like Mike is having to use XYZ... whatever.. God bless.... In fact a man who knows more than me really should be John Bray because he was sparring up there all of the time with Mike..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 05:08 PM   #17
Arka
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Grimsby,United Kingdom
Posts: 0
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
My source actually is my working alongside him and Roosavelt Mckinley just after Jail.. My friend Dale signed him to Lonsdale boxing gear for a lot of his initial post prison press workouts.. I saw it for myself at Golden Gloves Gym in Las Vegas, and i saw and heard a lot of sparring partners exchange thier own stories about what they were taking, I lost a friend who took steroids who was also a Tyson sparring partner around 97, he told me it was very much common place.. Albert passed of a heart attack in 2001.. i am sad to say more than likely because he reacted to an orally taken substance .. i just got the giste of what was taking place by listening around the gym.. I also saw Mikes body immediately after Prison .. He was not over cut , but his upper pectorals were not puffed out and as full as they appeared by the time he faced Mcneeley.. I heard a conversation once about how food suppliments were just not doing the trick at bulking Mike back to the same physical shape , Stanley Allen was another sparring partner who spoke openly about how MGH was what Mike was advised to to take. I am no expert.. I just know what was going on.. I dont think it was like a massive hush hush thing , it was just like Mike is having to use XYZ... whatever.. God bless.... In fact a man who knows more than me really should be John Bray because he was sparring up there all of the time with Mike..
Hmmm.....yes long term anabolic steroids usage increases your blood lipid profile making you more susceptible to coronary disease,including heart attacks and strokes.

I haven't heard of someone going into anaphylactic shock and his heart stopping due to taking of one steroid pill.I guess this is a danger with taking black market drugs without medical supervision....


Quote:
I heard a conversation once about how food suppliments were just not doing the trick at bulking Mike back to the same physical shape ,
I don't get it.Surely normal synthetic steroids or just testosterone would suffice?

Why overdo a powerful drug such as growth hormone that would cause your bones,connective tissue and internal organs to enlarge and ultimately slow down your mobility?
Arka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:28 PM   #18
anon1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 241
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
My source actually is my working alongside him and Roosavelt Mckinley just after Jail.. My friend Dale signed him to Lonsdale boxing gear for a lot of his initial post prison press workouts.. I saw it for myself at Golden Gloves Gym in Las Vegas, and i saw and heard a lot of sparring partners exchange thier own stories about what they were taking, I lost a friend who took steroids who was also a Tyson sparring partner around 97, he told me it was very much common place.. Albert passed of a heart attack in 2001.. i am sad to say more than likely because he reacted to an orally taken substance .. i just got the giste of what was taking place by listening around the gym..
All you have stated is a source and that someone you knew passed away because of substances. Everything else up to this point is vague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
i saw and heard a lot of sparring partners exchange thier own stories about what they were taking... told me it was very much common place.. i just got the giste of what was taking place by listening around the gym..
Gist? Saw and heard? Doesn't sound very reliable here. Nor do the above observations have relevance to Tyson himself taking steroids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
I also saw Mikes body immediately after Prison .. He was not over cut , but his upper pectorals were not puffed out and as full as they appeared by the time he faced Mcneeley..
Could this merely be the consequence of training? Mike Tyson was a super athlete...with or without steroids. Big muscles came naturally to him. His body could have been very responsive to intensive training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
I heard a conversation once about how food suppliments were just not doing the trick at bulking Mike back to the same physical shape , Stanley Allen was another sparring partner who spoke openly about how MGH was what Mike was advised to to take. I dont think it was like a massive hush hush thing , it was just like Mike is having to use XYZ... whatever..
The above passages have no substances. Sounds like the making of a conspiracy theory.

People can think however much or however little of Mike Tyson the person or the fighter. But if there's one thing that I feel shouldn't be taken away from the man it is his God given talent. Maybe he took steroids. Maybe he didn't. But until we get something of greater substance and reliability than the above which is hardly more than speculation / hear say...I will give him the benefit of the doubt and innocent until proven guilty.
anon1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:35 PM   #19
anon1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 241
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBILL View Post
Perhaps around the time Tyson fought Holy in the rematch of 1997 he began using some juice.?.?
Perhaps? Perhaps you say?

Here's 2 questions for all that believe Tyson took steriods post prison...

1. Did you notice any increase in physical PERFORMANCE after prison compared to pre-prison from Mike Tyson? By performance I mean did he hit harder? Faster? Take a better punch? Stronger? I do NOT mean "looking" ripped.

2. If you did NOT see an increase in performance, do you *think* () or are "pretty sure" that he took steroids BEFORE prison?
anon1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #20
Russell
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,223
vCash: 118
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
I haven't heard of someone going into anaphylactic shock and his heart stopping due to taking of one steroid pill.I guess this is a danger with taking black market drugs without medical supervision....
I've heard some real nightmare stories of what people use to make and sell their own "steroids".

And it's not as if they cut them with something harmless that's going to dissipate in your ass after you inject. Imagine some of the weird shit they're going to try and duplicate the oily appearance and feel of steroids?

Ugh.
Russell is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:11 AM   #21
Arka
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Grimsby,United Kingdom
Posts: 0
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
Perhaps? Perhaps you say?

Here's 2 questions for all that believe Tyson took steriods post prison...

1. Did you notice any increase in physical PERFORMANCE after prison compared to pre-prison from Mike Tyson? By performance I mean did he hit harder? Faster? Take a better punch? Stronger? I do NOT mean "looking" ripped.

2. If you did NOT see an increase in performance, do you *think* () or are "pretty sure" that he took steroids BEFORE prison?
He hit harder in his first 3/4 fights post prison and yeah IMO he took steroids pre-prison,as well.

Also,from casual observation of their physiques ,I believe guys like Foreman and Ali took steroids as well.I think most of the greats of the last 30/40 years have taken them.I can't prove it,but that's my honest feeling.

It doesn't particularly bother me.This is, after all,a sport in which the participants dish out and take brain damage .
Arka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:23 AM   #22
DRMULLEN
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Car's Ca
Posts: 559
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Iron mike with kevin rooney and the late great cus d`amato would of never ever work with a roided tyson..believe that! after the douglas fight..mike was not right. he just could not fight. at times mike did not appear to bright.. though he did swing with all his Might..a peak iron mike was straight up Tight! NOTE!! On tight..no relations to prison..''OUCH" - somebody Scream!
DRMULLEN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:26 AM   #23
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,610
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Its common knowledge Tyson was a roider post-prison, near as certain as Holyfield was, Chad Niccols is/was a steroid guru maskerading under the guize of 'nutritionist/trainer', but he was busted for shit loads of illegal performance enhancers and his bodybuilding wife looked like she'd had a *** change

The interesting question is 'was Tyson a roider in his prime'? We often hear the 'Tyson was a physical beast at 12yo', what evidence is there of this? Simply a trainer that would want to cover up steroid use with elaborate stories anyway. Most 20yo men are nowhere near there maximal strength/muscle mass level but Tyson largely was, this in itself is suspicious. No 20yo in history is close to the physical beast Tyson was, steroids are highly possible in Mike's prime. It would also explain his aggression, mood swings, ***ual predatory nature and much of his behaviour.

BTW Bigcat no one is doing a cycle of HGH without adding some TEST to the stack because it won't be effective alone
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:29 AM   #24
anon1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 241
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Its common knowledge Tyson was a roider post-prison
Right. Where's the beef? Do we have something more than hearsay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Tyson was a physical beast at 12yo', what evidence is there of this?
There are photos of Tyson at age 12 or 13. He looks like a beast! A quick google search didn't get me any results but these photos have appeared several times in Tyson documentaries.
anon1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #25
anon1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 241
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
He hit harder in his first 3/4 fights
I respectfully disagree and we'll just end it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
I can't prove it,but that's my honest feeling.
Fair enough. Maybe you are right maybe you are not. I don't know too much about steroids to really comment.
anon1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #26
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
Posts: 10,722
vCash: 300
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

In all honesty i just saw and heard stuff around the gym.. like you say , i may have just heard it wrong , and i am just speculating, but when you hear things said first hand from people close to him you take it as given.. i had a job of taking care of other fighters at that time, i didn't interview them all, i am sorry.. i was just in the gym every day, you ask me if he used MGH.. i said yes.. I didn't even know properly what they were....... if you want signed sworn statements .. i ain't got em.. LOL.. sorry.. i will keep my mouth shut in future, i am not an expert i thought my word may be enough...
Bigcat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #27
anon1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 241
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
In all honesty i just saw and heard stuff around the gym.. like you say , i may have just heard it wrong , and i am just speculating, but when you hear things said first hand from people close to him you take it as given.. i had a job of taking care of other fighters at that time, i didn't interview them all, i am sorry.. i was just in the gym every day, you ask me if he used MGH.. i said yes.. I didn't even know properly what they were....... if you want signed sworn statements .. i ain't got em.. LOL.. sorry.. i will keep my mouth shut in future, i am not an expert i thought my word may be enough...
Please don't get me wrong. I'm not questioning your *credentials* or asking for affadavits or asking you to keep your mouth shut. It's just that in my life experiences I've come to hate water cooler talk. They are often without substance and misleading. That's all I care to emphasize. Nothing on you.

Misery loves company. Some people are bitter or jealous or insecure and like to think or instigate the idea tha others are just like them. Water cooler talk can be for those who want to instigate or talk shit for the heck of it. These are just somel limited, specific aspects of watercooler talk but there's all kinds of angles for just about any situation (college, high school, work, hell even family). People love to talk carelessly about others because nothing is on the line.

Maybe what you *suggest* is true. After all, there were people on Tyson's camp who made him take all sorts of shit that Tyson himself didn't want. We don't know. But what we do know is that speculations aren't nearly reliable enough to drop the ball on Tyson.
anon1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #28
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
Posts: 10,722
vCash: 300
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

I understand , I actually was shocked when i heard about mike takin anything at first because he wasn't even the type of guy who endorsed using weights to aid muscular size.. he only later in his career used weights to strengthen legs (squats) and box jumps for thigh power.. he used light weights for shoulder or keeping supple but steroid would never have been his idea , i just remember seeing the size difference after prison, Mike took off his shirt and looked more like a soft former 100 meter runner , he was skinny in his fore arms, and his mid section was not as cut but his diet was horrible in prison, he was almost malnourished for a man of his size..
Bigcat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #29
goldnarms
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 296
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
My source actually is my working alongside him and Roosavelt Mckinley just after Jail.. My friend Dale signed him to Lonsdale boxing gear for a lot of his initial post prison press workouts.. I saw it for myself at Golden Gloves Gym in Las Vegas, and i saw and heard a lot of sparring partners exchange thier own stories about what they were taking, I lost a friend who took steroids who was also a Tyson sparring partner around 97, he told me it was very much common place.. Albert passed of a heart attack in 2001.. i am sad to say more than likely because he reacted to an orally taken substance .. i just got the giste of what was taking place by listening around the gym.. I also saw Mikes body immediately after Prison .. He was not over cut , but his upper pectorals were not puffed out and as full as they appeared by the time he faced Mcneeley.. I heard a conversation once about how food suppliments were just not doing the trick at bulking Mike back to the same physical shape , Stanley Allen was another sparring partner who spoke openly about how MGH was what Mike was advised to to take. I am no expert.. I just know what was going on.. I dont think it was like a massive hush hush thing , it was just like Mike is having to use XYZ... whatever.. God bless.... In fact a man who knows more than me really should be John Bray because he was sparring up there all of the time with Mike..
You may be correct in a general sense. But a few things don't add up. For one there is no such thing as Male Growth Hormone as you have mentioned a couple of times. Growth Hormone is not gender specific. Also, a "reaction" hat would lead to a heart attack would be more likely to come from a stimulant. That would not be a process of a steroid.

Maybe what you are saying in a general sense is true. But the people offering the stories are a little off.

goldn
goldnarms is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:09 AM   #30
JC2006
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 668
vCash: 19911
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
Hmmm.....yes long term anabolic steroids usage increases your blood lipid profile making you more susceptible to coronary disease,including heart attacks and strokes.

I haven't heard of someone going into anaphylactic shock and his heart stopping due to taking of one steroid pill.I guess this is a danger with taking black market drugs without medical supervision....




I don't get it.Surely normal synthetic steroids or just testosterone would suffice?

Why overdo a powerful drug such as growth hormone that would cause your bones,connective tissue and internal organs to enlarge and ultimately slow down your mobility?
How would gh slow you down!? If anything, it would help with recovery, joint repair and dropping bodyfat.
JC2006 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013