Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #46
Jaws
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Did Tyson use 'roids?

There is plenty of evidence Tyson weighed 200 pounds at 12-13. There are pictures of him, and he looks huge. He was also known as a "man child", and it is part of why he peaked so early. It's not that uncommon. Some people mature early. Tyson was obviously one of these people. Plus, reliable people and sources have stated as much--Rooney, the media, and even Teddy Atlas, who likes to slam Tyson at any chance he gets, has talked about how huge Tyson was as a pre-teen. Also, why do you think Cus chose Tyson?! It was because of his freakish build and natural talents. It's not like Cus just chose some random person off the street to build up with steroids...

Also, you can often tell when someone has a steroid build. Pre-prison Tyson had a very natural looking body. You can just see it.

Now, I suppose it is a possibility Tyson took steroids to regain what he lost in prison to have as fast of a recovery as possible---he was a cash cow and the powers that be wanted him fighting right away. His physique did change from pre-prison.
Jaws is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2009, 08:21 PM   #47
anut
Belt holder
ESB Addict

yes he did.............he paid the nevada athletic commision $25 000 not to take a steriod test when he fought donovan razor ruddock....WHAT DOES THAT TELL U????
anut is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #48
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut View Post
yes he did.............he paid the nevada athletic commision $25 000 not to take a steriod test when he fought donovan razor ruddock....WHAT DOES THAT TELL U????
that he was performing his postfight joint...it's happend before
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2009, 04:10 AM   #49
Arka

I believe the fighters in the photos below certain signs of testosterone supplementation.

The body has physiological mechanisms to regulate its internal environment and ensure its stability.This is called homeostasis.

To balance out high testosterone levels (whether natural or artificially induced) the body produces its own oestrogen.One of the side effects of oestrogen is increased sodium values and water retention. Hence the characteristic 'puffy' look of steroid users.

Only with muscular extension and the compression of the surrounding fluid,do we see the muscles underneath.

1st Jan 1987

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

June 26 1976
(Ali was 34 years old here)

June 15 th 1976
Foreman

same fight

Arka is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2009, 04:32 AM   #50
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones1 View Post
Initially, no. At the age of 12 he was nearly as ripped and as big as he was in his prime. His first amateur fight was a 17 year old because nobody believed how old he was. so how the hell did he get so big? Has anyone ever seen a picture of his dad? because he must have some monsterous genetics.
I've never seen his father. I think the fat gene must run in his family though. His sister died at a young age of a heart attack I believe, as she was terribly overweight. His brother Rodney was huge, I remember reading about how he was young and just big as hell, in the 200s as a pre-teen or something like that.

And Mike, well you see him now. Of course, when he was young, Mike was just big, not fat.
Thread Stealer is online now  Top
Old 05-28-2009, 04:40 AM   #51
Arka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thread Stealer View Post
And Mike, well you see him now. Of course, when he was young, Mike was just big, not fat.
I think there was noticeable increase in Mikes' muscularity,from his amateur fights against Henry Tillman and his first pro fight against Hector Mercedes.
Arka is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2009, 07:23 AM   #52
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Like you say, the 'puffy' look especially for the pectorals tends to be a giveaway. Those big puffed-out chest muscles. But I'm really no expert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrboogie23 View Post
Anyway, as far as Tyson being on the juice, it wouldnt shock me at all. The guy was a beast. I've never seen any 20 year old look the way that guy did.
There have been a few others at 20, most recently Frank Bruno and possibly Michael Grant, though not many.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2009, 12:32 PM   #53
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

What does Tyson weigh now, about close to 300 pounds? The guy is huge now. The thing about Tyson is that he seems to carry mostly visceral fat, the fat that is stored underneath the abdominal muscles and around the internal organs, the kind of fat that is not jiggly or flabby looking.
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 05-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #54
spittle8
Dropping Fisticuffs
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West View Post
his dad left pretty early, but form the information i know he was called kirkpatrick and irish...cliff couser also says his father was irish but didnt know his name. and couser is also a bit of a beast. of course this is only based on cousers own belief that he is tysons half brother...but still it is pretty plausible

has anyone seen tysons sisters before

also in prison he supposidly ate only canned tuna, so he wasnt poisoned or somthing like that and skinned down to 190 odd pounds about 20 pounds under his decent weight, so he def built up after he left...some sort of bodybuilder mass wouldnt surprising
Haha his dad was an Irishman? Never thought Tyson looked particularly white. Shame about his daughter. Great fighter.

I tend not to believe he juiced before prison, but I wouldn't really know. He was a beast regardless.
spittle8 is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2009, 03:35 AM   #55
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1887

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post

The interesting question is 'was Tyson a roider in his prime'? We often hear the 'Tyson was a physical beast at 12yo', what evidence is there of this? Simply a trainer that would want to cover up steroid use with elaborate stories anyway. Most 20yo men are nowhere near there maximal strength/muscle mass level but Tyson largely was, this in itself is suspicious. No 20yo in history is close to the physical beast Tyson was, steroids are highly possible in Mike's prime. It would also explain his aggression, mood swings, ***ual predatory nature and much of his behaviour.

Tyson at around 16/17 years of age. I'm not sure of how old he was exactly here, but it's clear from his face he's very young...certainly a pre-title picture. He's a physical specimen here, clearly.

If Cus and Atlas were feeding the kid steroids at this age they should have been shot. I highly doubt it though, as they were old-school guys (Cus especially) and I also don't see Rooney pushing them onto his fighter.

I doubt he needed to touch the stuff coming up or as champ in the 80's. He was good enough to beat anyone without help, imo.
In the 90's and specifically post-prison?
That's a different story altogether as far as I'm concerned.
fists of fury is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2009, 03:50 AM   #56
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

Edit. Bloody Fridays.

Last edited by fists of fury; 05-29-2009 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:52 AM   #57
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
and even Teddy Atlas, who likes to slam Tyson at any chance he gets, has talked about how huge Tyson was as a pre-teen.
You bring up an excellent point here; one that needs to be reiterated.

Atlas loathes Tyson with every fiber of his being...if he had some dirt to spread on a young Tyson taking steroids, I'm sure he would have mentioned it by now.
Then again, maybe out of respect to Cus he wouldn't...but he could still claim Tyson was taking them behind Cus' back or something.
I just don't see Tyson during the Cus/Atlas/Rooney era doing roids or GH.
For that matter, I also can't see Jim Jacobs allowing Tyson anywhere near the stuff either.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:04 AM   #58
Arka

Quote:
Originally Posted by fists of fury View Post

Tyson at around 16/17 years of age. I'm not sure of how old he was exactly here, but it's clear from his face he's very young...certainly a pre-title picture. He's a physical specimen here, clearly.
I assume this is from the same shoot.I think he's older than 17 in the pic.
I can't be sure when the photo was taken of course.

Arka is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 AM   #59
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatA View Post
For what it's worth here's what Holyfield had to say about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evander Holyfield
Quote:
"Somebody high up in boxing mentioned to me that there was this other fighter who did steroids and I should too because it wasn't illegal in boxing yet," he said. "I said, 'I'm not going to do that. I ain't no cheater.' I was the undisputed cruiserweight champion and I was in the Olympics. If I started taking steroids, people would say, 'He cheated at everything.' But this guy told me, 'Well, [Mike] Tyson is doing it, you should, too. I said, 'I don't care if Tyson is doing it, I'm not.' "
That was really lame from Holyfield. He just got caught and he was basically saying "No, it wasn't me, but this guy that i know...."
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 05-29-2009, 05:49 AM   #60
fists of fury
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arka View Post
I assume this is from the same shoot.I think he's older than 17 in the pic.
I can't be sure when the photo was taken of course.
It was from the same shoot, so I was a bit off thinking he was 16 or 17.
It doesn't change my views on the subject though.

(Nice spot. )

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum