boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 04:20 PM   #31
THE BLADE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
his knockers keep saying he wouldnt fight toney why ,because toneys fat and slow with a good chin and would lose widely against a fast young heavy and the fight would be boring as we would get sick of haye hitting him,yes toney takes a punch but so haye delivers fights you would watch over and over ,its called eXitment so stop asking for him to fight james toney he is finished the only reason he is still rated is because the heavy division is so poor ... HAYE delivers a new face at heavy young eXiting with a big punch who delivers
First of all James Toney is an ATG. Haye is not an ATG.

Secondly:

Toney has beaten: Holyfield, Booker, Guinn, Oquendo, Ruiz (NC later), Batchelder, draw with Rahman. He also beat Peter in the opinion opf most the first time. Only beaten by Peter so far.

Haye has beaten Barett and DUCKED Toney.

Your opinion that HAye beats Toney is irrelevant in this context.
THE BLADE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2009, 04:29 PM   #32
THE BLADE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
i say again after the fight when haye has won widely on points against a fat old fighter his knockers would say that was boring ,toney has a good chin and goes the distance and loses on points in a boring fight ,haye delivers eXitment not boring distance fights ,he delivers what we want why fight a fat boring has been who goes the distance ,cant understand it
Like I said your opinion that Haye wins is irrelevant because the Haye-Toney matchup is generally perceived as quite winnable for both man. There won't be a clear vut favourite.

Barett was shot. Barett did lose every significant fight in his career and does not have a lot of power. But according to you the Barett matchup was more interesting, it makes no sense at all.
THE BLADE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:30 PM   #33
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Burger King, baby!
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
his knockers keep saying he wouldnt fight toney why ,because toneys fat and slow with a good chin and would lose widely against a fast young heavy and the fight would be boring as we would get sick of haye hitting him,yes toney takes a punch but so haye delivers fights you would watch over and over ,its called eXitment so stop asking for him to fight james toney he is finished the only reason he is still rated is because the heavy division is so poor ... HAYE delivers a new face at heavy young eXiting with a big punch who delivers
Ok, now let's suppose for a moment that you could be right with your assessment how this fight would've turned out... wouldn't Haye have proven more then by beating Toney than he did by beating Barrett? Wouldn't you have preferred watching Haye taking on Toney than him taking on a shot Barrett? If you don't then you're a very strange boxing fan. At this point Barrett is little more than a journeyman at HW. Toney is a fringe contender. And regardless of the outcome the fight would most probably have gone the distance, at least the questions about Hayes stamina would've been answered then...
FROST is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:32 PM   #34
THE BLADE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
i say again james toney is finished he can go the distance and lose on points so what ,his time is up
Let me tell you one thing.

James Toney would be Haye' biggest name in his record. How many times in your career do you have the chance to face an ATG?

A Toney win would give Haye some credit as Toney has only lost to Peter so far. It would give him certainly more credit than beating up a bum like Barett.
THE BLADE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #35
THE BLADE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROST View Post
Ok, now let's suppose for a moment that you could be right with your assessment how this fight would've turned out... wouldn't Haye have proven more then by beating Toney than he did by beating Barrett? Wouldn't you have preferred watching Haye taking on Toney than him taking on a shot Barrett? If you don't then you're a very strange boxing fan. At this point Barrett is little more than a journeyman at HW. Toney is a fringe contender. And regardless of the outcome the fight would most probably have gone the distance, at least the questions about Hayes stamina would've been answered then...
Exactly but probably this guy will come up with yet another excuse.
THE BLADE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #36
THE BLADE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
haye wants to fight the best out there and the best are the klit ,he was undisputed cruiseweight champ,he is the best contender out there ,its not s, peter or j toney they are slow fat old heavys whos time is finished get over it
"Haye wants to face the best..."

The "best" is not Barett. Toney is better than Barett. So, Haye does not want to fight the "best"

As for the Waldo deal, nothing has been signed and I believe it when it is done. haye did the same thing with Rahman.
THE BLADE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #37
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Burger King, baby!
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
i say again after the fight when haye has won widely on points against a fat old fighter his knockers would say that was boring ,toney has a good chin and goes the distance and loses on points in a boring fight ,haye delivers eXitment not boring distance fights ,he delivers what we want why fight a fat boring has been who goes the distance ,cant understand it
And I'll say it again, what did Haye prove by beating Barrett? So what, it may have been exciting, but the questions about his stamina at HW remain. They would've been answered if he'd taken on Toney. If it's only about exitement, then line up 10 glass chinned bums and let Haye knock them out on the same night. And give him 4oz gloves, it'll be even more exciting then... would you like to see that? Maybe you should just start watching MMA? Btw Haye said he wants to campaign at MMA after having become the undisputed HW champ
FROST is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #38
purplestuff
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 192
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves View Post
My love to Haye is not the factor, just discuss Haye vs these boxers.

As the Haye ducking Toney it was a fact Toney offered Haye fight and Haye chose Barrett.
its simple why he didnt pick toney, its his official arrival to the heavyweight division, he wants to excite his fanbase by fighting a crowd pleasing fight. james toney isnt exactly an action fighter, mean while barrett is hungry (sure toney is to but not like that) and hes willing to stand in front of you and slug. u never know, he might eventually make his way to toney, after he loses to wlad
purplestuff is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:00 PM   #39
THE BLADE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplestuff View Post
its simple why he didnt pick toney, its his official arrival to the heavyweight division, he wants to excite his fanbase by fighting a crowd pleasing fight. james toney isnt exactly an action fighter, mean while barrett is hungry (sure toney is to but not like that) and hes willing to stand in front of you and slug. u never know, he might eventually make his way to toney, after he loses to wlad
It is much more simple: Haye was afraid he might lose or look bad agsint Toney, He wanted an easy opponent for his heavyweight debut.

And, James Toney always stands in front of his opponents and fights.

Haye fought a bum instead of an ATG, now you haye fans should all accept it the way it is and get over it.
THE BLADE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #40
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Burger King, baby!
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
world renowned box rec has haye at No 4 in the world j toney is 20 th in world why should he fight him ? box rec give the undisputed cruiseweight champion the respect he diserves are they wrong as well haye delivers
You're drifting away here...

But ok, where was Barrett rated at 'world renowned box rec' when he fought Haye? Was he even among the top 20? Well, maybe he was 15th... But it doesn't really matter either. Do you honestly think that Toney-Haye would have been an uninteresting boring fight? Personnally I don't think Haye-Barrett was that exciting... it wasn't exactly a great fight, Haye did what he was expected to do and didn't prove us anything we didn't know already. The questions about his chin and stamina remain. He should've fought Toney, or Rahman at least.

On a sidenote, Haye was never undisputed, he was the unified champ, there was a thread about that here a couple days ago. But it's only a detail. I respect Haye for being the unified champ at CW. He's not proven at HW. Should he be respected more than ATG James Toney then? James Toney with his great record? Are you serious?
FROST is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #41
THE BLADE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
toney is a fringe contender he is rated 20th in the world by the world respected box rec ,,,toney is only there because the heavy division is **** other wise he wouldnt get in top 30
1) Haye ducked Toney

2) Toney is an ATG, Haye is not

3) Toney has beaten more and beaten the opposition at cruiserweight and heavyweight.

4) Haye fought a bum for his heavyweight debut. Toney fought a Top contender in Holyfield (number 5 by the Ring)

Is there any need to go on...

What is your point anyway?
THE BLADE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #42
THE BLADE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
haye is 4th in world toney is 30th haye wants to fight top 3 why should he fight toney again?
Because the fight would get a lot of media attention. Just imagine the press conferences with these two. Haye would be much more known in the States

Toney is still very credible. Has beaten some heavyweights and only lost to Peter. He also is an ATG.

How anyone reasons that it makes more sense to face Barett than Toney is beyond me.
THE BLADE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #43
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Burger King, baby!
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
news flash james toney has moved in the ratings at box rec hes now 30 th in world david haye is 4 th they must be fooled as well by haye fighting shot barrett instead of atg toney ,,,or is it they give him the respect the undisputed cruiseweight champion deserves i wonder
Of course I respect the unified (not undisputed) CW champ, the great David Haye. Because box rec rates him at #4. After all he beat the great Monte Barrett. And David Hayes record is at least 10 times better than James Toneys. David Haye is proven so much more, even at HW. I think it's safe to say that David Haye is already an ATG.
FROST is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:23 PM   #44
THE BLADE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
my point is simple haye is 4th in the world at heavy he will get a shot at title,if he is as bad as all you knockers say then box rec must be fooled as well as us haye nut ruggers,,,yes toney was a great fighter in his day all the way from knocking out micheal nunn ,he was a great fighter no question but his time is up ,haye is the contender now im not a toney knocker im just saying haye hasnt just slipped through back door ..he is rated No 4 for a reason
Those Box Rec ratings don't mean anything and everybody knows that.
And again fighting a bum like Barett proves more than fighting an ATG like Toney.


The Ring Ratings mean something, where does Haye rank there?
THE BLADE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #45
LightningJoe
The Filipino Flash
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 681
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves View Post
I was asking about Toney from 2003 at the time when be beat Jirov .
Umm...it doesn't sound like you were...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves View Post
As the Haye ducking Toney it was a fact Toney offered Haye fight and Haye chose Barrett.
Here it sounds like you are talking about Haye "ducking" Toney at heavyweight.

LightningJoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015