Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2009, 01:41 AM   #61
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 8,639
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningJoe View Post
You were talking about Haye's recent heavyweight fight in this post, and not the cruiserweight version of Toney. You said that Haye "ducked" Toney recently at heavyweight. Am I wrong?
Thats because it was the only case when Haye actually could fight Toney and chose not to.

In the analysis however I'm interested in the best Haye could offer at CW against the other best fighters at that weight limit.
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2009, 04:35 AM   #62
THE BLADE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quawi would beat Haye up.

Quawi would slip and roll with everything Haye throws, get on the inside and then work his hooks to the body and head to stop Haye. Quawi's pressure style is all wrong for Haye.

Haye has never seen anybody like Quawi.
THE BLADE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:13 AM   #63
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Burger King, baby!
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
frost i respect what your saying you fight toneys corner great and can see your a big toney fan but his time has past he was a big name but his best days are gone 2yrs ago i would give him a hell of a chance against any heavy ,as for wanting to see favorite fighters seeking challenges ,yes i agree but the challenges arent toney any more its the klit brothers etc sad but true , a fight between these and haye make sense and money ,toney doesnt any more sorry bud
um I was referring to Haye chosing Barrett above Toney (and Rahman, Chambers...), not the Klits above Toney. Of course Toney is far past his best, but Barrett is shot to pieces - I guess it's clear that old fat Toney would have posed a stiffer test and a bigger risk than Barrett, even at this point. Some questions about Haye would've been answered, well I gave my reasons for it earlier... the situation would've been the same with Rahman or Chambers.

Anyways, let's leave it at that. This thread was about a different topic anyways. I really hope the Wlad-Haye fight comes of now. Anything else would not be acceptable. I know the negotiations seem to be complicated, but Haye has opened his mouth so wide that the pressure is on him now. If he indeed steps into the ring with Wlad this summer he'll get a lot of respect from me for it, I might even root for him.
FROST is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:15 AM   #64
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Burger King, baby!
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitiyzal View Post
What a trainwreck of a thread. Haye beating a bum like Toney at heavyweight would've proved nothing.
well I disagree. And it wasn't only about Toney, Haye could've fought Rahman or Eddie Chambers too.. Anyways, what did Haye prove beating Monte Barrett?
FROST is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:28 AM   #65
LightningJoe
The Filipino Flash
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 681
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves View Post
Thats because it was the only case when Haye actually could fight Toney and chose not to.

In the analysis however I'm interested in the best Haye could offer at CW against the other best fighters at that weight limit.
I understand this, however, you tried to make me sound like a moron with this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky gloves View Post
Who the **** is Ali on the wheelchair and how is your question related to the topic ?

I was asking about Toney from 2003 at the time when be beat Jirov .
Despite the fact I was obviously responding to your Haye "ducking" Toney claim.

LightningJoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #66
LightningJoe
The Filipino Flash
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 681
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROST View Post
well I disagree. And it wasn't only about Toney, Haye could've fought Rahman or Eddie Chambers too.. Anyways, what did Haye prove beating Monte Barrett?
All of those guys are pretty shit nowadays. Maybe Chambers would be the toughest fight, considering he's the only one who isn't washed up.
LightningJoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #67
MickeyBlueEyess
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROST View Post
well I disagree. And it wasn't only about Toney, Haye could've fought Rahman or Eddie Chambers too.. Anyways, what did Haye prove beating Monte Barrett?
More than fighting Rahman would off. Did you see Rahmans last fight? He barely threw a punch, you think that would of been a tougher challenge than taking on Barrett who was in tremendous shape vs Haye and is actually still capable of throwing punches and is always a danger as he gets wild with them.

What a shit point, if Haye had fought Rahman it would of been over in 2 rounds max.
MickeyBlueEyess is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #68
FROST
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Burger King, baby!
Posts: 2,213
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningJoe View Post
All of those guys are pretty shit nowadays. Maybe Chambers would be the toughest fight, considering he's the only one who isn't washed up.
well maybe Chambers would have been the toughest. But wouldn't Toney, and also Rahman, have been better opponents than Barrett?
FROST is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #69
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 9,546
vCash: 1644
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickx1 View Post
Haye knocks them all out within 8 rounds.
The sad part is you are dead serious.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #70
THE BLADE
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,417
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyBlueEyess View Post
More than fighting Rahman would off. Did you see Rahmans last fight? He barely threw a punch, you think that would of been a tougher challenge than taking on Barrett who was in tremendous shape vs Haye and is actually still capable of throwing punches and is always a danger as he gets wild with them.

What a shit point, if Haye had fought Rahman it would of been over in 2 rounds max.
This again complete nonsense.

You Haye fans are pathetic. Keep defending everything their hero does no matter what he does. Always come up with an excuse and always denying the most obvious things.

Yes, but Rahman's last fight was against the best heavyweight Wlad and the Haye fight was supposed to happen before that Wladi fight.

Barett is shot was KOD by Cliff Couser, a bum himself. Barett lost every meaningful fight in his career. Rahman is an ex champ, Barett was not never even a Top contender. Look at Rahman's record, it is way better than Barett's.
I mean, Rahman even won a shut out against Barett a few years back. Rahman is even much more known in the UK because he beat LL.
THE BLADE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:17 PM   #71
Big T
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,017
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Wouldn't beat Holy.

Could beat Gomez

A inshape Tony would counter him all day long. + Hayes couldn't knock him out\

Beats both Mormeck and Bell. Never what too high on eather one

Could have a hard go with Adam. but would take him over Ad.
Big T is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #72
LightningJoe
The Filipino Flash
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wales
Posts: 681
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROST View Post
well maybe Chambers would have been the toughest. But wouldn't Toney, and also Rahman, have been better opponents than Barrett?
Umm roughly the same. Maybe Toney is a little better known to the casual fan in the UK, so might have made a bit more money and had (even more) hype.

But I think Toney would have made for a boring fight, because he would have tried to spoil and snatch rounds with his skill. Barrett was a better choice because he would come forward (as shown in the fight), and therefore made for a better TV fight for casual fans.

Unfortunately, that's what it's all about - hype, money and TV ratings. A highlight reel on Setanta of Haye knocking Barrett down multiple times hypes up future fights much better than an awkward and ugly fight with Toney.

Sad, but true.
LightningJoe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:42 PM   #73
MickeyBlueEyess
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,705
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Haye vs best Cruisers ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BLADE View Post
This again complete nonsense.

You Haye fans are pathetic. Keep defending everything their hero does no matter what he does. Always come up with an excuse and always denying the most obvious things.

Yes, but Rahman's last fight was against the best heavyweight Wlad and the Haye fight was supposed to happen before that Wladi fight.

Barett is shot was KOD by Cliff Couser, a bum himself. Barett lost every meaningful fight in his career. Rahman is an ex champ, Barett was not never even a Top contender. Look at Rahman's record, it is way better than Barett's.
I mean, Rahman even won a shut out against Barett a few years back. Rahman is even much more known in the UK because he beat LL.
So ****ing what he lost to Couser, are you forgetting the rematch you pillock?


Rahman was better than Barrett when he was younger and in shape. He was completely out of shape against Wlad and would off took a beating from most heavyweights. To say this version of Rahman would be a better test is complete bollox.

Your full of shit!!
MickeyBlueEyess is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013