Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 06-23-2007, 08:09 PM   #31
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Asikainen Sylvester 2

I have to agree I didn't see any particular stamina problems, I just saw that Asikainen utterly caved in once hit with a decent punch from light-hitting Sylvester. And come on.. if Carrera isn't roided up he is as mediocre as lots of other guys, overpower yeah right ... Sturm is a joke as a title holder, he is the definition of a paper champ, and Gevor lost to ****ing Lukas Konecny twice inside the distance. Are you trying to be funny here ?
NBT is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #32
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
I have to agree I didn't see any particular staima problems, I just saw that Asikainen utterly caved in once hit with a decent punch from light-hitting Sylvester. And come on.. if Carrera isn't roided up he is as mediocre as lots of other guys, overpower yeah right ... Sturm is a joke as a title holder, he is the definition of a paper champ, and Gevor lost to ****ing Lukas Konecny twice inside the distance. Are you trying to be funny here ?
a word of truth....
unitas is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #33
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT
I have to agree I didn't see any particular stamina problems, I just saw that Asikainen utterly caved in once hit with a decent punch from light-hitting Sylvester. And come on.. if Carrera isn't roided up he is as mediocre as lots of other guys, overpower yeah right ... Sturm is a joke as a title holder, he is the definition of a paper champ, and Gevor lost to ****ing Lukas Konecny twice inside the distance. Are you trying to be funny here ?
Well,did you watch Konecny vs Gevor I + II ?
Or any of Carrera's fights?
As I have already said again and again I am not sold on Sturm,but to call him a joke makes you sound like that comp geek unitas.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 08:47 PM   #34
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Don't worry, I have seen all of the guys we are talking about. I din't call Sturm a joke I called him a joke as a title holder and that's nothing but the truth, he is not a legit champ and never will be.
NBT is offline  Top
Old 06-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #35
giggigreto
Journeyman

I read that sylvester's victory wasn't clean. He punched asikainen on the back of the head after a clinch, when asikainen was still bent. That caused the first knockdown and virtually closed the fight,as the finnish didn't recover in time to avoid the final defeat.
Has that really happened??
I didn't watch this fight
giggigreto is online now  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 01:23 AM   #36
Ramon Rojo
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitas

ran out of gas my ass.
Ramon Rojo is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 04:35 AM   #37
Flurry
Krautchamp
ESB Jr Member

Sylvester imo the technically better man with the better jab and the better defence, Asikainen is the bigger puncher but leaves himself open. Entertaining fight that could have gone either way, though sylvester got the better of him at the end. Thats not to say hes a world beater, but this was one of his more convincing showings. He already wobbled him with a right shortly before the stoppage and the Finn should have received a count for it.

Looking forward to gervor vs Abrams which should be a trench war as long as its going to last
Flurry is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 05:01 AM   #38
Tom_Tocca
The Provider
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry
Sylvester imo the technically better man with the better jab and the better defence, Asikainen is the bigger puncher but leaves himself open. Entertaining fight that could have gone either way, though sylvester got the better of him at the end. Thats not to say hes a world beater, but this was one of his more convincing showings. He already wobbled him with a right shortly before the stoppage and the Finn should have received a count for it.

Looking forward to gervor vs Abrams which should be a trench war as long as its going to last
Hey Merry, good to see you back...
Tom_Tocca is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 05:09 AM   #39
NBT
Mοderator of Death
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggigreto
I read that sylvester's victory wasn't clean. He punched asikainen on the back of the head after a clinch, when asikainen was still bent.
It was a punch to the side not the back of the head. Sylvester pushed his head down before the punch so it wasn't that clean of a knockdown but still nothing remotely close to a disqualification.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
NBT is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 05:14 AM   #40
Nakz
n00b

Sylvester won the match by knockout, but I also think it was caused by the stamina problems of Asikainen. The guy was not standing strong on his feets due to his fatique and felt multiple times when Sylvestre gave him a push.

Sylvester won't have any chanche against the top level fighters, because he hasn't got any punchpower and his defence is still not good, when he faces an attacking fighter, he gets hit by hard punches multiple times.

After all I'm happy, cause I was rooting for Sylvester
Nakz is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum