Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-10-2009, 05:31 AM   #46
dwilson

vCash:
Default Re: Boxers Ahmed and Mohamed Elomar attack 'racist' rulings

Just how bad is the Lebanese problem you guys have in Australia. I saw the incident and could not imagine it ever happening here in Britain.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2009, 06:15 AM   #47
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilson View Post
Just how bad is the Lebanese problem you guys have in Australia. I saw the incident and could not imagine it ever happening here in Britain.
Now there's a thread topic.

Its hard to answer. Basically, every race has their good guys and bad guys, and the Lebanese are no different. I feel sorry for the good one's, because they get tainted due to the idiots.

This is a generlisation, but i think if u were to sum up the trouble from the Lebanese community here, u would say that they have a very different mentality to other Australians. They seem to have a gang mentality, and a need to prove how tough they are, sometimes at the expense of innocent people. This is what people hate. U rarely hear of an Aussie getting into trouble and calling 20 mates to bash someone, but u hear that all the time with Lebanese guy's.

They dont hesitate to 2, 3 or even 10 out an individual and give him a hiding. I cant fathom ever doing something like that.

Some of the actual crime gangs have bought about their undoing by being so brazen and stupid. Instead of just taking care of their business, it becomes a power thing and its not just associates and competitors who need to watch out, innocent people better stay clear too.

I know many blonde woman who down right fear seeing a group of Lebanese men. And i mean fear. Things that seem cowardly and out of the question are no problem for them.

This is just describling the difference between the bad Lebanese and the bad Caucasions here in OZ, its not directed at every Leb.
smellmyfinger is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 AM   #48
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

Regarding the 'one way' ticket back to 'toilettown'..... It will have to be STANDING ROOM ONLY, as no seats are available!!!! All seats have been thrown.....
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 06:24 AM   #49
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
Regarding the 'one way' ticket back to 'toilettown'..... It will have to be STANDING ROOM ONLY, as no seats are available!!!! All seats have been thrown.....
Thats not bad
Old 03-10-2009, 06:28 AM   #50
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellmyfinger View Post
Thats not bad
.... seems pretty damn obvious to me SMF...

lol.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 AM   #51
julian
Journeyman

I was at the fight. I know what I saw and I know exactly what occured.
Without going into detail, mainly because it's been done to death, I believe the 6 month ban will hopefully give the Elomar brothers time to asess where the majority of the problem laid.
Have a look at the half wit fan club you,ve managed to attract then ask yourself why not too many people are surprised that this happened.
You say it's racial! I say those grubs do your race a disservice not the other way round.
Top boxing blokes like Billy Hussein, Nader and many others don't need your race card dribble.
Open your bloody eyes boys.
If you can't see what the real problem is here then I think the sport will be better off without you.
Is that raceist or is that reality?
julian is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #52
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

Does this mean kickett will be fighting for the vacent titles then?

I would love to see a rematch!
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 07:06 AM   #53
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by baha74 View Post
Hi, an Australian of Lebanese background here and I too concur with everyone who has posted here to date. Elomar is lucky he only got 6 months. Claiming self defecnce shows what an imbecile he is - throwing the chair back into the crowd, inflamed the situation and just serves to re-arm the morons who threw them first. He and his mob showed a lack of class and compassion by their actions against a fallen fighter.

Now, Flamengo, your post is about as intelligent as a Rob Schneider movie (movies which I love). Seriously man, labelling a whole country as a 'toilet' on the actions of one individual is so neanderthal and ignorant and racist, it 'aint funny. I'm not going to even bother to mention the million positive things that the Lebanese have contributed to the world - you may not be intelligent enough to understand anyway ..... or the infinite number of negative things that pure Australians have done. There's good and bad everywhere.

So, in essence, I agree with you in that the the Elomars are a bunch of knuckle-dragging ****wits - just don't be the one who makes them look good.

Agree with your post 100%....Unfortunetly the Elomars are decent athletes who are in the spotlight.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #54
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by baha74 View Post
Hi, an Australian of Lebanese background here and I too concur with everyone who has posted here to date. Elomar is lucky he only got 6 months. Claiming self defecnce shows what an imbecile he is - throwing the chair back into the crowd, inflamed the situation and just serves to re-arm the morons who threw them first. He and his mob showed a lack of class and compassion by their actions against a fallen fighter.

Now, Flamengo, your post is about as intelligent as a Rob Schneider movie (movies which I love). Seriously man, labelling a whole country as a 'toilet' on the actions of one individual is so neanderthal and ignorant and racist, it 'aint funny. I'm not going to even bother to mention the million positive things that the Lebanese have contributed to the world - you may not be intelligent enough to understand anyway ..... or the infinite number of negative things that pure Australians have done. There's good and bad everywhere.

So, in essence, I agree with you in that the the Elomars are a bunch of knuckle-dragging ****wits - just don't be the one who makes them look good.

Baha74.... Lets get one thing clear.... the behaviour of the 'toolhead' brothers, is nothing less than pathetic. In the evening of the said events, they represented a WHOLE NATION in my view... unfair to state that, I know... yet, being proud Lebo's???... they totally disgraced themselves, and their country..... ??? Hang on.. they are Australian Citizens aparently??? A Donkey wearing a Horses saddle, is still a Donkey. These two blokes...along with all the 'fully sick mates' give your country a shitty face.. my words may do the same.... Im not in Lebanons backyard, defacating on it.

My comments, I wont appologise for. The disrespect you feel.. well, accept my gratitude for you standing up, and posting an intelligent, well representing thread.. You, along with countless others, must feel disgraced by thier manner of approach. So be it.

The events of the night, leave little room for arguement... these men represent a 'TOILET'.. What else could one say???

For the Lebanese folk who embrace 'OUR' nation, and respect it as such, keep the intelligable posts coming.... although, I may not be intelligent enough to understand them..
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #55
bushboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellmyfinger View Post
Now there's a thread topic.

Its hard to answer. Basically, every race has their good guys and bad guys, and the Lebanese are no different. I feel sorry for the good one's, because they get tainted due to the idiots.

This is a generlisation, but i think if u were to sum up the trouble from the Lebanese community here, u would say that they have a very different mentality to other Australians. They seem to have a gang mentality, and a need to prove how tough they are, sometimes at the expense of innocent people. This is what people hate. U rarely hear of an Aussie getting into trouble and calling 20 mates to bash someone, but u hear that all the time with Lebanese guy's.

They dont hesitate to 2, 3 or even 10 out an individual and give him a hiding. I cant fathom ever doing something like that.

Some of the actual crime gangs have bought about their undoing by being so brazen and stupid. Instead of just taking care of their business, it becomes a power thing and its not just associates and competitors who need to watch out, innocent people better stay clear too.

I know many blonde woman who down right fear seeing a group of Lebanese men. And i mean fear. Things that seem cowardly and out of the question are no problem for them.

This is just describling the difference between the bad Lebanese and the bad Caucasions here in OZ, its not directed at every Leb.
I think you have made a very good point in saying that the bad eggs of lebanese society seem to have a desire to point out how tough they are, usually with dire consequences..

Reminds me of Leb gang member Michael Kanaan fatally shooting two men in a completely unrelated pub brawl that he happened to drive past on his way home.
bushboy is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 01:17 PM   #56
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

Well the Cronulla riots didnt exactly happen because the local Lebanese residents were model citizens...

What makes it worse is that when a community IS fed up with these activities and make some noise they are immediately labeled as racist. Most of the cronulla rioters were NOT racists... (That doesnt rule out the fact that when white supremacy groups (small as they may be) catch wind of such activities of course they will join in...)

The racist card is being thrown around waaaaay too loosely these days. Want to know real racism, have a chat to those that were persecuted for their race, they'll tell you what racist means (and will have a good ol' laugh at your interpretation of racism...).

Scenes like at the boxing event (usually on a smaller scale) occur several times every day around the country, and I would bet my mums left nipple that 80% are from an ethnic group. And I bet my mums right nipple that a great deal of that 80% are of Lebanese origin. This isnt purely coincidence.

Its a shame that my local chicken shop owner (when I was in Oz) has to carry the same Lebanese banner as them because he's the nicest guy who wouldnt hurt a fly. And I know that though he shares the same blood as them he cannot respect them or support their actions. I bet it must be difficult for him to sink as lows having to label his own fellow countrymen idiots, fools, pests etc...

What I fail to fathom is that these fools are too thick to assess their own actions and realise how pathetic they are. When I've consumed a few too many and act like a fool and maybe even act macho or whatever I would look back and realise how dumb I was, even though I was drunk. But these guys are often SOBER and behave like fools and look back at their actions and think all is well... beats me... totally beats me...

Reminds me of those middle eastern tools that gang raped the chick at the railway station and their *fellow countrymen* stupidly blamed the girl for looking too ***y. These *fellow countrymen* I speak of included many of the elders who are REPRESENTATIVES of the Lebanese community.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 02:57 PM   #57
smellmyfinger
tiger
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
I think you have made a very good point in saying that the bad eggs of lebanese society seem to have a desire to point out how tough they are, usually with dire consequences..

Reminds me of Leb gang member Michael Kanaan fatally shooting two men in a completely unrelated pub brawl that he happened to drive past on his way home.

U know those two guys? We may know each other
Old 03-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #58
baha74
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Flamengo: YES, the behaviour of the 'toolhead' brothers, is nothing less than pathetic and yes, they did represent their country on that night - in a way that shamed it and it's citizens. But let's be straight about this. The team is bigger than than the individual. The actions of 5 people or 500 people cannot possibly outweigh the actions of the 99.9% who are 'decent' doing the right thing. We agree to a point but labelling the country they represent as a 'toilet'.....that's pathetic and shameful too. Is Australia a cesspool because we have a guy that marries his daughter and has children with her, or another that decided to throw his kids off the West Gate Bridge to make his wife upset or because Pauline Hanson is ..well...Pauline Hanson?

Let me also say that these 'fully sick Lebo's are not an accurate or true refelection of the Lebanese. I have never been to Sydney's western suburbs but from what I see and read and hear, those Lebo's are another sort of breed, their gang mentality and views and behaviour as disgraceful as the actions of many convicted criminals. But we are not all like that, just an unlucky select few. (That show Pizza is funny to me too but doesn't help the stereotype either).

Your last post shows that you have the ability to make a valuable contribution and I thank you for your words too. Your joke about the seats, well to quote Rodney Rude - "that 's ****in' funny!" My advice is just take it easy when trying to generalise - it's like your throwing one stone into the ocean, does the ocean then become a quarry?

I was born and bred in Oz but my folks are from Lebanon. I am 34 and have been to Lebanon 8 times. It truly is a great place. It's over 4000 years old, has some of the most beautiful natural wonders you'll never hear aboout or see because the news will only show things like the struggle against their neighbours. It has many ancient ruins from the Roman days and links to the Bible. On a more modern foot, it borders the Mediterranean sea and has a good tourism industry in summer and also in winter due to the ski fields. The majority of the people of many religions can generally get along and the crime rate is relatively low - very few incestuous people or homicidal fathers....Having said that, there's good and bad everywhere - i could easily point out the infinite number of beautiful things here in Australia too. Some of sallywinders comments make Australia look just as bad. Just remember, those TOOLS you see on tv and on the news and on the forums - they are just that and not like me or the country that they originate from.
baha74 is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #59
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
the struggle against their neighbours
well, we know 'their neighbours' (of whom you are talking, jews) make model citizens in australia, low single digit unemployed (ever heard of an unemployed jew?), meanwhile lebanese unemployment is hovering at the 28% mark.

i know which culture fits in better in our society.....

sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 04:37 PM   #60
anthony jr
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 741

???????
anthony jr is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum