Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 08-21-2007, 12:51 AM   #1
JMonster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default left hook

i used to be able to throw a lead left hook, now for some reason i feel it's not even fast enough after a cross...ne tips?
JMonster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2007, 01:32 AM   #2
Shev
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: left hook

Floyd throws a great lead left hook, its like he's going to jab then switches it to a hook. Just watch him and study how he does it and try to adapt that in your training.
Shev is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #3
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonster
i used to be able to throw a lead left hook, now for some reason i feel it's not even fast enough after a cross...ne tips?
Maybe you should look into why you cannot throw the lead left hook anymore, although it is not a recomended technique to lead with the left hook. Also maybe it's to oponents and not yourself? just because you can land a leas left hook agaist person "A" does not mean you will be able to do it against person "B"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
Floyd throws a great lead left hook, its like he's going to jab then switches it to a hook. Just watch him and study how he does it and try to adapt that in your training.
Not the best advice there man, Floyd is a pro and has been boxing since he was a child

attempting to mimic great fighters technique is not the best route to take for a novice at all

the best thing for you to do JMonster is cease getting advice on boxing from a forum and seek a gym and or trainer, also you might want to practice the lead left hook on a bag or get a buddy to help you work on your lead left hook until you regain it
LoBlow is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #4
Shev
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I realise Floyd's an elite boxer with impeccable technique but im just saying why not try to adapt what is useful and discard whats not. Andy Lee scored a good ko by switching a jab to a lead left hook and he's had an extensive amateur career, I would much rather attempt to regain the technique early so it can be perfected.
Shev is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #5
JMonster
Contender
ESB Senior Member

i got it back, i was leaving my left hand up a lil too high to be doin it and checked out how my feet were. when i throw it it's usually a lunging one n i wasn't using enough of my legs. but neways, i've been in the sport of boxing since around 6. and what's the difference if i'm havin a lil glitch n ask someone on here what they do or asking someone in a gym???? i like to hear from the most ppl when things rn't as good as they used to be because i know everybody has been in those shoes b4
JMonster is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing